Q & A for our NEWCOMERS! Ask a question and leave an answer! *NO DISCUSSIONS*

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Kimster, May 17, 2011.

1. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

This is for our newbies only!

First of all,
    :welcome5:

No question here is a stupid one, so ask whatever you don't know about! One of our seasoned members will come in and answer it for you!

This thread was inspired by this post:

Because this is a Question and Answer format, please do not start up discussions so it's easier for our new members to find their answers.

We also have a Q & A thread for our seasoned members, so let's use this one for new members only.

The seasoned Q & A is here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122969"]LIST Questions and Answers #9 LIST ONLY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

2. Loading...

3. BrittMontero

BrittMontero New Member

Hi and thanks for this thread.

I'm getting the drift that Caylee's father has never been identified -- is this really the case? Does anyone think Casey knows who it is? Thanks!

4. darnudes

darnudes Inactive

No Caylee's father is unknown. I think ICA knows who it is but she's not talking (or at least I think she can whittle it down to a couple of potentials) probably a one night stand at Universal is my guess.

There's been much speculation about the father due to ICA's many and varied lies about him to her friends and family over the years.

5. ynotdivein

ynotdivein Retired WS Staff

DNA evidence has ruled out LA and by scientific process of elimination GA as potential fathers however.

6. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

There have been reports that the prosecution 'knows' who the birth father is, but I am not sure if it will come out in the trial.

7. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Thanks for the input! If you guys want to continue the discussion, please find the thread about Caylee's paternity. It's in here somewhere! :grouphug:

8. Noddy

Noddy New Member

9. darnudes

darnudes Inactive

A couple of tips for newcomers.

You can use the search function at top right corner to look for discovery, old interviews, 911 calls, etc. There are also many LE interviews uploaded to youtube at various channels.

Try google, type in area of interest+websleuths and that will quite often get you a thread of interest.

10. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

Or google "site:websleuths.com" and then your search words.

11. laurieann

laurieann New Member

Thank you so much for this thread!! This is a tremendous help to those of us who are "lurkers" that don't post a whole lot and also for those of us who have to much going on at the moment to keep up. That said, Here is my question.

I hope I word this correctly. If ICA is found guilty of the murder chargers, is it even possible for her to get a lighter sentence like Life In Prison WITH the possibility of Parole? or is it set now that it will be either LWOP or Death Penalty? I hope that made some sense, LOL. Thank you again for this thread and for all of you answers!! You guys ROCK!!

12. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes New Member

I'm not positive but I thought that when they were questioning the first juror FOREVER they mentioned Life WITH parole as a possible option...but I'm not 100% on that...

13. Omachka

Omachka New Member

Hi laurieann and welcome to Websleuths. :seeya:

According to some of our wonderful members who are attorneys there is no such thing as Life WITH parole in the state of Florida. If she receives a life sentence there will be no parole.

14. Kentjbkent

Kentjbkent DELETE ACCOUNT

If I am not mistaken, the great State of Florida does not have an option of "Life WITH Parole" for murder One....

15. laurieann

laurieann New Member

Thank you so much to all of you for your help!! I sort of figured that it wasn't possible for her to get a parole chance, but I wasn't positive. I'm trying to keep up with this case but it's a bit hard lately. Thanks again!!

16. laurieann

laurieann New Member

Thank you for the welcome, Omachka!!

17. Cher352

Cher352 New Member

18. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

cher I was just about to post that too but you beat me :biglaugh:

it really is the best place to start, right at the very beginning.

19. kyrasmummy

kyrasmummy Justice for Caylee

If ICA gets LWOP will she be put in general population?

20. dkatiemom

dkatiemom New Member

I am thankful for this thread, as I am somewhat new to the board and emerging from lurkdom.

I apologize if this has been discussed in a prior thread.

How does ICA have a defense "team" at all? Are the taxpayers paying for her defense? If so, HOW did she get a team of expert attorneys (with the exception of JB, lol) to defend her? Did they offer their services for publicity or to be latched onto this case?

I remember always hearing (with the OJ trial) "The best defense that money could buy", so I am just wondering how an unemployed criminal is able to take advantage of such incredible resources.

Thanks!

21. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

hello! actually she retained baez herself almost immediately, we always did wonder how she found him. she "paid" him in photos and videos of caylee which he sold to ABC. I believe AF and CM (as well as all the others who have come and gone) are working pro bono, that is they donate their defense. Sims, I am not sure - ICA has indeed filed for & rec'd indigency status. the state of FL pays for a great deal.

you've called it, in your last paragraph there, I expect most of them wanted a publicity boost/way to write books later/etc