Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
But maybe this tweet will make you smile, I know it did me:

"So my husband comes in looks at TV sees the orb on the Queen’s coffin and says “It’s the holy hand grenade of Antioch.” Needless to say he doesn’t share my Royal watching "

I needed a laugh right now, my thanks to Monty Python for legions of them.

But maybe this tweet will make you smile, I know it did me:

"So my husband comes in looks at TV sees the orb on the Queen’s coffin and says “It’s the holy hand grenade of Antioch.” Needless to say he doesn’t share my Royal watching "

I needed a laugh right now, my thanks to Monty Python for legions of them.
John Cleese, when he met the Queen, relates he was sorely tempted to say "I recognize you from the stamps!"

Now, they can all go home, have something to eat or drink and get some sleep.

What a busy, hectic ten days since the Queen died.

They didn’t look too sleep deprive, sad yes ,grieving yes but not bad over all.

I do think Anne is worried about Charles though, Camilla doesn’t look too good either for now. MOO

Not sure if anyone is interested, but here in the UK a lot of the channels on TV have an advert ban on, so there are no commercials. During breaks, they only show an image of the queen. This is being done as a mark of respect.

What an extraordinary arduous day this is for the members of the British Royal Family .

Not just one religious service in a cathedral but three. And two of them televised worldwide.

Then a long slow march of 1.5 miles, again in front of the world.

None of this having any degree of privacy, except the last. No place to stop and sit for a good cry to keep going.

Do you maybe mean more attractive?

That thing is probably worth a fortune, considering its history. :) jmo

Yes, if I was a designer, I would make something that had a very shallow cradle effect, sort of the shape you get when you put your wrists together and bend your hands back ... (____) ... with an ever-so-subtle spot of regal, feminine, personal and sacred imagery, but not enough to catch the eye or distract from the coffin.

But of course, I am not a designer, and without a doubt there are other considerations.

May She Rest in Peace

I managed to sleep 6 hours, and just got up.

I'm glad I saw it all live. It was so beautiful and so sad at the same time.

One of the things that affected me most, was the lone bagpiper at the end of the service......fading slowly away.
I still hear it in my mind......

Fascinating history of the Royal Navy gun carriage that will carry Queen Elizabeth's coffin

The Ordnance BL 12-pounder 6 cwt was manufactured in 1896 and never saw active service, but was drafted into use for the funeral of Queen Victoria and would go on to carry the coffins of King Edward VII, King George V, King George VI, Sir Winston Churchill and Lord Mountbatten.

While royal funeral processions dated back centuries, the use of a gun carriage for a monarch’s funeral was an innovation in 1901 when Victoria died.

The Empress of India had seen such a carriage used for the funeral of her youngest child, Prince Leopold, who had died aged 30 because of haemophilia. Watching that military honour, Victoria, who planned her own obsequies, decided that she would have it too.

I made the mistake of googling corgi puppies for sale after seeing the Queen’s corgis. I am now having to give myself a serious talking to because they are gorgeous (we have been talking for a long time about getting a dog).

I made the mistake of googling corgi puppies for sale after seeing the Queen’s corgis. I am now having to give myself a serious talking to because they are gorgeous (we have been talking for a long time about getting a dog).

Get a better vacuum cleaner before you get a Corgi!!!

BTW, Corgis do not shed -- they disperse fibers of love & joy.

You'll be vacuuming up those fibers of love & joy for years.

Absolutely beautiful send off.

I sense a bit of friction between Kate & Sofie, there are two pics one Sofie giving Charlotte a glare that Kate is not happy about. The other is in the abbey and Sofie is giving a glare at Kate.

Jmo
if you look closely at Kate's eyes, she is looking behind Sophia and no one looks like they're 'glaring' IMO I looked through the pics and I don't see one where Sophia is glaring at Kate either - they all look perfectly composed albeit somber and sad (and probably exhausted)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member