Questioning JonBenet's Hairstyle

Camper said:
I just had a new thought about her hair.

IF IF IF she wore a wig to the W's party, and still had it on when the head blow was delivered, this could possibly explain why the skin was not broken and no blood on her head.

The wig could have cushioned the head blow, and then it was removed as part of the staging.

This brings another question was a wig in the list of things the Police took as evidence?

WE would need to SEE the photos from the Whites party and compare her hair to her 'Christmas' morning picture near the Christmas tree.

My thought also raises another potential question, 'Why would a mother put a child to bed wearing a wig? So perhaps JonBenet NEVER made it to bed Christmas night, OR er?

Camper I am not sure if JonBenet was ever known to have worn wigs I think don't (quote me on this) I read somewhere that her original hair color was brown and her mother had it dyed at times to the blonde color. I do know the items I've read that were removed from the house a wig was not one of them. We couldn't compare the morning picture by the tree with any pictures from the Whites 'cause they didn't go to the Whites house until I believe it was between 4 and 5 that Christmas afternoon and was said to have returned Christmas night around 9 or 9:30. I am not sure what happened after they returned home but I do know their are conflicting stories that just don't sit right with me. JMO

IF IF LE would publish or make public pictures of JonBenet at the Whites, WE could determine the status of whether she wore a wig or not.

IF IF she did wear a wig to the party, that would mean to me that she was most likely killed BEFORE a good mom would have removed the wig. The reason I say that is the hair tie fiasco, and the cushioning of the head from the fatal blow, by the wig.

Does anyone remember whether PR was ever questioned about JonBenets hair and whether she fixed it prior to the party?

PR could not remember whether JonBenet had a bath that day, wonder what she had to say about the hair, or IF she was even asked about it.

Everyone I have asked on all the forums I am on say they wish the pictures if any from the White Christmas dinner could be shown. Noone has heard anyone say anything about Patsy being questioned about JonBenets hair when she was found. I did have one person say the wouldn't think Patsy would put blue elastic hairties in her hair to match a red shirt and black velvet pants. We just don't know at this point how her hair was styled for the party. I have always wondered if anyone else wondered about it or had answers thats why I posted the question. I am still not any further than I was though. Thank you

The asymmetrical pony tails is one of my confusions. I can see a couple of different scenarios.

A creepy killer dude playing with his "barbie."

Patsy deciding to touch up JonBenét's roots before the big trip, leading to an over tired, defiant child having a fit, and a horrible accident happening.

JonBenét not going to bed. Getting up repeatedly, eating a piece of pineapple, doing her own hair, being told again and again to "GO TO BED, DAMMIT!!" Of course, leading to a horrible accident.

Did Patsy ever make any comments regarding JBs hair style that morning?
If JBs hair was styled over night by the intruder..I think we would have heard a lot more about it.

Yes, you would think if she went to bed with her hair one way and was found with it completely changed, at some point that would have come out. Maybe not initially in the shock of the moment, but at some point a Mom would realize and say that the hair was different.

I'm thinking she was asked about it, but was suffering from Ramnesia when it came to answering... I'll look, but believe that was the case.

Camper said:
So perhaps JonBenet NEVER made it to bed Christmas night, OR er?
I like your theories. Any thoughts on where the mysterious beaver hair came from (on the duct tape and her body)?

Is it possible the staging took place before she was brought home even? Maybe that's why the tape and rope weren't traced to the house? They were from a different house to begin with. Food for thought at least. Who knows.

:chicken:

Nehemiah said:
I find it odd that JB wore red and black to the party, yet had blue hairties. I am appalled that Patsy would allow such a mismatch.
Nehemiah, I think this is wrong. JB wore the white sweater with the star(the same she was found in...) with a black vest to the Whites party.

I did a quick check of the 97, 98, and 00 interviews, and all I could find was this:

04/97 Interview

ST: Is the last thing that JonBenet had to eat on the night of the 25th, would that have been at the Whites.
PR: Um hum.
ST: Did JonBenet normally sleep in addition to her jewelry with any hair ties in her hair.
PR: Usually, uh, a rubberband.
ST: Pulled back into a single ponytail.
PR: Back, ponytail, yeah.

I wasn't as thorough as I'd like to have been, but I need to start my day here... maybe someone else can pick up the slack?

IrishMist said:
I'm thinking she was asked about it, but was suffering from Ramnesia when it came to answering... I'll look, but believe that was the case.
Could you please IrishMist....I cant remember reading anywhere about Patsys reaction to JBs hairdo that morning....Im thinking her hair was the same as she was put to bed...otherwise we would have heard about it.

IrishMist said:
I did a quick check of the 97, 98, and 00 interviews, and all I could find was this:

04/97 Interview

ST: Is the last thing that JonBenet had to eat on the night of the 25th, would that have been at the Whites.
PR: Um hum.
ST: Did JonBenet normally sleep in addition to her jewelry with any hair ties in her hair.
PR: Usually, uh, a rubberband.
ST: Pulled back into a single ponytail.
PR: Back, ponytail, yeah.

I wasn't as thorough as I'd like to have been, but I need to start my day here... maybe someone else can pick up the slack?

IrishMist,

Its not stated anywhere that JonBenet had ponytails done prior to being placed in bed, only that her black velvet pants were removed, this was explained to be due to not wanting to waken her up.

IMO the ponytails have been added to mimic her being in bed prior to being killed, if she had been redressed in her barbie-gown, and the longjohns removed, we would all be looking for an intruder!

There was likely more than one staging event, e.g. one staging a sexual assault, another a bedtime abduction along with a ransom note?

UKGuy said:
if she had been redressed in her barbie-gown, and the longjohns removed, we would all be looking for an intruder!
Why does a barbie gown point to an intruder?

tumble said:
Nehemiah, I think this is wrong. JB wore the white sweater with the star(the same she was found in...) with a black vest to the Whites party.

Yes, you're right....and black pants.

I am still surprised that Mom put in blue hairties.

Thankyou Irishmist for your time taken to find that information.

IMO the ponytails have been added to mimic her being in bed prior to being killed
But wouldn't loose hair have mimicked such a situation far better?
And suppose JB would usually have worn her hair to bed in ponytails: would she have worn a velvet bow in her hair to bed too? Very unlikely.
Have the Ramseys ever been asked about the hairstyle JB was wearing to the Whites' party? I can't imagine a little beauty queen like JB going there wearing such ponytails. These ponytails remind me of the way women pull back their hair from their face because they want to wash it or apply cream.

I believe the hair was pulled back done in such ponytails to conceal the head bash.

tumble said:
I'd like to have that question answered too. For imo it would more point to an elaborate staging, to make it appear as if an intruder had abducted an already asleep JB from her bed. And I believe that the Ramseys wanted to do just that: they probably had that last minute thought to put her in the nightgown, went down into the wine cellar, but saw that rigor mortis had already set in, which is why the garment could not be put on JB anymore.
And considering the state of panic they must have been in, they probably left behind the nightgown in the cellar by accident.

tumble said:

tumble,

Because there would be very little conficting forensic evidence, she would have been described as either going or being placed in bed wearing her barbie-gown, and probably no size-12's, so assuming similar staging, it would be very difficult to question Lou Smit's theory that a psychopathic intruder kidnapped JonBenet sleeping from her bed, sexually assaulted her whilst indulging in Erotic Asphyxiation.

IMO JonBenet was killed whilst wearing the clothing she wore to the White's party, this and a difference in hair-styling may be why the pictures have never been released!

rashomon said:
I'd like to have that question answered too. For imo it would more point to an elaborate staging, to make it appear as if an intruder had abducted an already asleep JB from her bed. And I believe that the Ramseys wanted to do just that: they probably had that last minute thought to put her in the nightgown, went down into the wine cellar, but saw that rigor mortis had already set in, which is why the garment could not be put on JB anymore.
And considering the state of panic they must have been in, they probably left behind the nightgown in the cellar by accident.

rashomon,

Most people want to believe that JonBenet's death was either the result of an accident or a deranged intruder.

Lou Smit's theory and its variants have been successfully promoted via the media since her death, it has become the predominant assumption in the case.

If JonBenet had been discovered in the wine-cellar dressed in her barbie-gown then it would be next to impossible to disprove that she had been abducted from her bed.

With the latter scenario many more people would have been persuaded towards an intruder theory.

If JonBenet had been discovered in the wine-cellar dressed in her barbie-gown then it would be next to impossible to disprove that she had been abducted from her bed.
But would that automtically be a proof that she had been abducted from her bed? Doesn't it take a little more than putting one's dead child in a nightgown to stage a convincing scene?
UKGuy said:
tumble,

Because there would be very little conficting forensic evidence, she would have been described as either going or being placed in bed wearing her barbie-gown, and probably no size-12's, so assuming similar staging, it would be very difficult to question Lou Smit's theory that a psychopathic intruder kidnapped JonBenet sleeping from her bed, sexually assaulted her whilst indulging in Erotic Asphyxiation.

IMO JonBenet was killed whilst wearing the clothing she wore to the White's party, this and a difference in hair-styling may be why the pictures have never been released!
Lou Smit's theory would still have had lots of holes. How would he bring together a political kidnapping for ransom scenario in the RN note with an erotic asphyxiation scenario? Smit has never been able to put this together, because it can't be put together. This is also the reason why Smit hardly ever mentioned the ransom note.

If Patsy changed that child from velvet pants into longjohns...how in the hell didnt she notice what bloomies JB was wearing...seems to me the knickers would slide down with the velvet pants... then have to be hitched back up in order to put the longjohns on..we know Patsy had selective memory with all her half finished sentences and useless interviews...but not being able to recall her daughters underwear that night is beyond belief.
Whoops sorry guys I went of topic

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back