Questions about internet abbreviations as I JUST GOT what "BUMP" means...

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by blueclouds, Dec 29, 2003.

1. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

There's probably more. Since there's no lifestyles links, I thought I could ask people to post other abreviations here. I've been on the internet for several years now, however, I have never asked what several abreviations mean. Just learned through osmossis...

SO if anyone wants to post here... IE: LOL (means laugh out loud...), etc...

???? IS there anyone else like me that is afraid to ask what certain things mean? Here we go with this post to get some answers... :banghead:

2. Loading...

3. Valaryn

Valaryn For every 60 seconds of being angry you lose 1 min

I'll try to find a link ... there are many sets out there on the net that would help you.

What I want to know is how to change "Registered User" (it used to say, Contender, Bronze, Silver, Gold, WS Addict or some other line) to something else. I see several people figured it out so either I'm tired or wil have a "doh" moment when someone explains. Oooh! I figure out colors and fonts! Couldn't do that on old board...it totally baffled me.

4. exoromeo

exoromeo New Member

5. gsquared

gsquared New Member

What does BUMP mean?

6. ayjey

ayjey always lurking

You know how when you post on a thread and the latest (time-wise) post shows up at the top?

Typing anything will bring the thread back, most posters use the word "bump" as in bumping to the top.

Most of the time a thread starter will type in bump to bring their thread back into "current" status.

OR in LE terms:
    (example: when 1 officer wants to talk via the radio to another officer and the contacted officer is busy, the first officer may say "bump me when you get a minute", this means contact me when you get a minute.