Questions and Hopefully Answers in the Cooper Harris Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had just talked to her husband a short time ago, didn't she know he was leaving work early and going to a 5PM movie? He would not have been "at work." Why go there?

Did she try to call him then? And why hadn't he called her?

If she knew he was going to the movie she may have thought he was riding with his friends and would return for the car later. She'd have wanted to get to where she thought the car, with Cooper inside, was parked.

I have a question but like fruity above I don't know if this is the place to ask. But I couldn't go to sleep last night because I couldn't get this case off my mind. Detective Stoddard testified in the PCH that RH searched "how to survive in prison". That seems so strange to me. Apparently, he didn't have a lot of confidence that his plan would work but he went ahead with it anyway? With his baby face look and the fact he basically cooked his 22 month old son in a hot car, and considering how child molesters/killers are treated in prison I would think his chances of surviving prison would be slim to none. :boohoo:Could LE tell if it was RH who did the search or could it have been LH?

Sorry again if this is the wrong thread for this but if it is maybe someone can tell me a better place. And as always, these are MOO.

I take all of this with a grain of salt. Who knows, he could have been watching a youtube video about an innocent person who survived in an awful prison and right after that searched about surviving prison. We need some facts.

PHONE CALLS/ TEXTS, IMs, etc.

"His attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said Harris texted his wife at 3:16 p.m. that day and said, "When are you going to get my buddy?" Police said they saw no texts between Harris and his wife that day."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

So LE could not find the text, but the defense is stating this happened. To me this seems very odd because it did not seem like the defense was aware of RH's other texting activity that day before the PCH. Now I question if this message was ever sent. If he did send the message in another App, why would LH not respond? I personally also think it is very telling that they were playing "phone tag" but did not exchange text. In any normal situation, if you were not able to reach your SO especially regarding your child, or not coming home after work I would think that a text would follow if you could not reach them.

What makes you think they were not aware of his other t(s)exting activity?

I take all of this with a grain of salt. Who knows, he could have been watching a youtube video about an innocent person who survived in an awful prison and right after that searched about surviving prison. We need some facts.

He also did an Internet search on how to survive in prison, Stoddard said.

http://ktla.com/2014/07/03/georgia-...ith-6-women-as-son-died-in-hot-car-detective/

Stoddard didn't say he was watching a youtube, said it was a internet search. No salt involved.

Alone time:
"Oberfest advises high-profile clients such as politicians to request solitary confinement, or even feign mental illness to get into the psych ward. "If you're segregated, you're going to have a much easier time."

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2008/07/8-tips-easier-prison-stay

I guess I know ehy he is in the mental health ward...

The National Enquirer article, RH napping, cheerful and that mug shot, tell me all I need to know. He manipulates people. I can stand grown men with pound puppy mugs. Gimme a break! Did I see this guy was booked @11:30pm?
RH arrested @ 10:00pm?

Napping in the booking/waiting area??? calling his parents about the life ins....He did REALLY think he was getting out at anytime!

After I think about it a bit more, if that NE story is true, his defense will be insanity.

Quick question, what prompted LE to handcuff RH at the scene? Was it because he was belligerent and cursing at the female officer or was it because they knew there was no way it was an accident? And was he arrested at the scene or later at the police station after he was questioned?

"How to survive prison" was a specific Google search, but Stoddard isn't sure when it was made (he doesn't have the dates yet).

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

I would call that a fact.

From the info we do have - what if the search was done in reference to the Underage Sexting. He looks up the age of consent, and thinks is this worth being in prison for? So now he has to look up how to survive in prison - it is known he met up with the sexter, right? or do I have that wrong?

my opinion, etc., :moo:

Quick question, what prompted LE to handcuff RH at the scene? Was it because he was belligerent and cursing at the female officer or was it because they knew there was no way it was an accident? And was he arrested at the scene or later at the police station after he was questioned?

BBM: I think so - dk for sure.

:moo:

He was cuffed for his behavior; he was actually arrested approx. 10 pm that night

the handcuffs and being placed in the police car was belligerence with officers at the scene and the arrest happened after he had been interviewed and LH had been interviewed. The arrest came at 10pm that evening.

Alone time:
"Oberfest advises high-profile clients such as politicians to request solitary confinement, or even feign mental illness to get into the psych ward. "If you're segregated, you're going to have a much easier time."

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2008/07/8-tips-easier-prison-stay

I guess I know ehy he is in the mental health ward...

The National Enquirer article, RH napping, cheerful and that mug shot, tell me all I need to know. He manipulates people. I can stand grown men with pound puppy mugs. Gimme a break! Did I see this guy was booked @11:30pm?
RH arrested @ 10:00pm?

Napping in the booking/waiting area??? calling his parents about the life ins....He did REALLY think he was getting out at anytime!

ugh He likely called his parents without crying, mourning Cooper
but he damn sure asked them about life insurance?
o m g :steamed::no:

If she had just talked to her husband a short time ago, didn't she know he was leaving work early and going to a 5PM movie? He would not have been "at work." Why go there?

Did she try to call him then? And why hadn't he called her?

Excellent question! If LH and RH had spoken for one minute at 4:04pm, did he fail to mention the 5pm movie plans? He left his office 12 minutes later with plans of going somewhere and she didn't know that? Either he was lying to her or they're both lying. Phone records are going to show this call and exactly what was said. I can't wait.

the handcuffs and being placed in the police car was belligerence with officers at the scene and the arrest happened after he had been interviewed and LH had been interviewed. The arrest came at 10pm that evening.

I wonder when JRH was read his rights? Was it when he was initially detained with the handcuffs, or later when he was arrested?

If LE asked him any questions after he was handcuffed but not under arrest, will his answers be allowed at trial? Or will they be excluded?

Excellent question! If LH and RH had spoken for one minute at 4:04pm, did he fail to mention the 5pm movie plans? He left his office 12 minutes later with plans of going somewhere and she didn't know that? Either he was lying to her or they're both lying. Phone records are going to show this call and exactly what was said. I can't wait.

Someone offered a suggestion earlier on another thread -- perhaps LH DID know about the movie but thought he would ride with someone else and took off for the Treehouse to locate RH's car...

After I think about it a bit more, if that NE story is true, his defense will be insanity.

Only because the [modsnip] defense won't fly. I mean, he is a [modsnip], but not a viable defense. This guy gets oogier with every new revelation.

I wonder when JRH was read his rights? Was it when he was initially detained with the handcuffs, or later when he was arrested?

If LE asked him any questions after he was handcuffed but not under arrest, will his answers be allowed at trial? Or will they be excluded?

Don't know the answer to your question for sure -- would be best handled by our legals...

HOWEVER.... if you check out the RH Social Media thread, you can see that he was familiar with LE and procedures -- Stoddard testified to that as well -- from his days as a dispatcher as well as having a half-brother who is sergeant... he advised folks on reddit to keep their traps shut... he knew better and was well aware of what he did & didn't have to say (imo)...

He just thought he was smarter than everyone else (imo)... hence his remark upon being arrested, "But there was no malice!!!"... or something along those lines...

Don't know the answer to your question for sure -- would be best handled by our legals...

HOWEVER.... if you check out the RH Social Media thread, you can see that he was familiar with LE and procedures -- Stoddard testified to that as well -- from his days as a dispatcher as well as having a half-brother who is sergeant... he advised folks on reddit to keep their traps shut... he knew better and was well aware of what he did & didn't have to say (imo)...

He just thought he was smarter than everyone else (imo)... hence his remark upon being arrested, "But there was no malice!!!"... or something along those lines...

"But there was no malice!"

"Oh, OK Mr. Harris... (taking off cuffs) You are right. You may go."

NOT!!!!!

All posts are MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics