Questions for CNN reporter Jim Spellman - Q & A Only **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**

After talking to people close to DB do you think she ever resented Lisa? I have seen it here and other places that many people have the opinion DB doesn't care that Lisa is gone and they believe she is happy because now she can have more "adult time" I was wondering if that fit with her personality/peoples opinions of her. Also is there any reason to believe that Lisa died before Jeremy went to work or that he could have had anything to do with the death/cover up?

Thanks for coming and answering questions in this case it can be difficult to know fact from fiction.

Have you interviewed Phil N.? Have you interviewed DB's ex-husband? How about her uncles? Well, anyone in DB's family?

Have you interviewed anyone in Jeremy's family?

What are the dynamics going on? She refused to speak with you. Don't you consider that very odd?

Why didn't they stay with their parents? Why stay with a 20 yr old kid when your daughter is missing?

Is it still true that the phones were accessed for voicemail after 3:00am?

Megan W., stated she went to the Waffle House at 3am. Furthermore, she states she was up past 6am.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...er-megan-wright-to-defend-herself-on-facebook

Then we have this statement from M. Thompson:

"I was going south on 435, I exited on 48th Street, and I see a man who was walking up Randolph carrying a baby," Thompson said. "And I looked at him, he was about 30 feet from me, he turned and looked at me, and I looked at him. It's 4 o'clock in the morning, 45 degrees and the baby doesn't have a blanket, a coat, nothing," Mike Thompson told ABC. "And this guy is walking down the street. I thought it was kind of weird."
Thompson said the baby resembled Lisa, and that he would be able to identify the man if he ever saw him again.
Thompson said he has been interviewed by police.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29547997/detail.html#ixzz1bQOcRFiK http://g.co/maps/dxh4g

There is a Waffle House on 7401 NE Parvin Rd which the next exit over from the sighting of the man and baby. The walking distance is 0.9 mi or 17 minutes.

http://g.co/maps/vwkya

My questions:
1) Is it known which Waffle House MW went to that night?
2) Was surveillance video ever checked at the Waffle House?
3) Were employees at the Waffle House interviewed?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
:seeya:

Hi Jim, thank you again for answering our questions. There is a discussion on the Dr. Phil thread about Deborah's alcohol consumption the night Lisa went missing. At any time in your interviews, particularly with LE, has it been noted what Deborah's condition was when LE arrived the early morning of the 4th of October, as pertains to drunkeness? Did LE do a PBT or field sobriety test on her to determine that she may be drunk and that would have caused her to harm Lisa? thank you

Thank you Jim for all relevant information you send to us!

I hate to reiterate this but WHY didn't the THREE people that gave evidence that they saw a man, walking with a partically clad baby NOT pick up their cell phones and call 911? What the he// is wrong with this world. Did these witnesses think this was NORNAL?

I believe everyone here on WS would have contacted the police.

Thank you again for being kind enough to answer our questions. This past evening, JVM was talking about Megan's phone number being written on Deborah's hand. Many of us have assumed that the story about the phone number might have been an investigative "ruse" used by LE when they interrogated Megan. Have you heard about the number on the hand from any other source, and do you believe it's based in fact?

Thank you again for being kind enough to answer our questions. This past evening, JVM was talking about Megan's phone number being written on Deborah's hand. Many of us have assumed that the story about the phone number might have been an investigative "ruse" used by LE when they interrogated Megan. Have you heard about the number on the hand from any other source, and do you believe it's based in fact?

While questioning Megan Wright either the FBI or KCPD,( I think FBI but i'll dig up my notes) told Megan that Deborah Bradley had Megan Wrights number written on her hand the night Lisa disappeared. Megan says she told the cops she had no idea what that meant and didnt know DB. That is what DB told me.

Cyndy Short told me that she asked DB about this and DB said it wasn't true. No comment from LE.

We know that the police don't have to tell the truth about in these interviews, but thats all I know.

Thank you Jim for all relevant information you send to us!

I hate to reiterate this but WHY didn't the THREE people that gave evidence that they saw a man, walking with a partically clad baby NOT pick up their cell phones and call 911? What the he// is wrong with this world. Did these witnesses think this was NORNAL?

I believe everyone here on WS would have contacted the police.

The 12:15 witnesses Lisa and her husband, told me that when they saw the man turning into the yard they figured it was someone going into on of those houses and so they didn't think it was that big of a deal...that perhaps they baby wanst covered because they were just running from the car into the house or something.

Mike Thompson, the 4am witness, told me he told his cousin what he saw that the morning she disappeared but didn't tell the police til one week later telling me he didnt realize it might be important. Make of that what.

As described to me, Lisa and her husbands reasoning make a good amount of sense. IN hind sight we may say we would call the police, but in reality I think its doubtful most of us would call the police every time we see a ill dressed baby.

In Lisas case it is a residential block with people going in and out. In Mary' house there are 2 little kids and in the houses on either side they are older folks who may have grand kids or something coming over....I think one could easily find a good reason for a man and a kid on the street.

But where mike says he saw a man and a baby its totally different. No houses around or anything. Weird for anyone at all to be walking there , especially with a baby.

And keep in mind Lisa came to police right away in the morning when she learned of the disappearance.

Hi Jim, thank you again for answering our questions. There is a discussion on the Dr. Phil thread about Deborah's alcohol consumption the night Lisa went missing. At any time in your interviews, particularly with LE, has it been noted what Deborah's condition was when LE arrived the early morning of the 4th of October, as pertains to drunkeness? Did LE do a PBT or field sobriety test on her to determine that she may be drunk and that would have caused her to harm Lisa? thank you

It is an excellent question and I have not heard any information that she was given a sobriety test. Is PBT what is commonly called a breathalyzer?

Have you interviewed Phil N.? Have you interviewed DB's ex-husband? How about her uncles? Well, anyone in DB's family?

Have you interviewed anyone in Jeremy's family?

What are the dynamics going on? She refused to speak with you. Don't you consider that very odd?

Why didn't they stay with their parents? Why stay with a 20 yr old kid when your daughter is missing?

No, I have never interviewed Phil Netz. I am in regular contact with a number of other family members.

Many people think it's odd that Deborah doesn't speak to journalists on a regular basis.I don't think it is odd that she doesn't speak to me specifically.

I don;t know why they chose to stay at Phil's house vs. somewhere else or why they didn't stay at home.

I know that much has been written online about Phil Netz and there are lots of theories floating around about him but I have seen no indication from anyone in LE or from any other quarter that he is of particular interest in this case past when he dropped off Deborah after the store. There are many people that were the focus of the investigation at various times but I have no indication he was one of them...but, you never know.

Is it still true that the phones were accessed for voicemail after 3:00am?

I believe the most thorough run down of this was John Picerno describing information he say she got from the FBI on Fox News. I would suggest tracking that down. I'm sure it must have been a topic of conversation here when that interview happened.

But as I've said before, to me the phone calls are still a big mystery to me and I am not confident that we have any idea what really happened with the phones that night.

Hi Jim! Thank you for your hard work on this!

Are you going to make any further attempts to find/interview Jersey?

If Jersey is involved somehow, do you have any theories as to what he did with Lisa? As in, selling her etc.?

My questions:
1) Is it known which Waffle House MW went to that night?
2) Was surveillance video ever checked at the Waffle House?
3) Were employees at the Waffle House interviewed?

1.Yes, the one down 485 from the Mike Thompson sighting.

2.We checked with all the businesses in that cluster...Waffle House, Wendys, a handful of hotels etc. That was handled by our producer at the time. Some didn't have cameras, or cameras that don't record or recordings that didn't show anything useful or the owners wouldn't show them to us. I don't recall specifically what the case was with the waffle house, but the end result was there was nothing helpful. Again, i didn't do that leg work first hand so I don't have the specific info. We did the same thing at many other commercial areas.
LE had been to all of the same places we went well before us.

3. Do you mean interview someone at waffle house to check out Megan's story? I did not.

Hi Jim! Thank you for your hard work on this!

Are you going to make any further attempts to find/interview Jersey?

If Jersey is involved somehow, do you have any theories as to what he did with Lisa? As in, selling her etc.?

I'm in Denver now so not sure how to pursue Jersey. A handful of very sharp KC journalists Will keep their eye on him.

He has a hearing Feb 2. at 8:30am 11 S WATER LIBERTY MO. Looks like he will enter a plea, not sure if/when they would do a detention hearing. OF course these things get delayed all the time, deals get worked out etc. so things could change.

And as for the second part, i don;t really deal with theories...though I enjoy reading everyone else's!

It is an excellent question and I have not heard any information that she was given a sobriety test. Is PBT what is commonly called a breathalyzer?

Preliminary Breath Test; I know it from the rez, some who are convicted of alcohol related offences must go to the tribal police, or local police if they are off rez, and blow into the apparatus. Any reading on the PBT means a follow up with BAC, a blood test to determine % of alcohol in the bloodstream and possible subsequent incarceration for violation of court order/terms.

Hand-held field testing devices are generally based on electrochemical platinum fuel cell analysis and, depending upon jurisdiction, may be used by officers in the field as a form of "field sobriety test" commonly called PBT (preliminary breath test) or PAS (preliminary alcohol screening) or as evidential devices in POA (point of arrest) testing.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathalyzer"]Breathalyzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Jim:

First and foremost tremendous job covering this case, you are an impressive journalist.

The person who I would be most curious to interview and examine the background of is Deborah's brother (the one she bought the box of wine with). Have you or anyone been able to speak with him on camera or on background? If so, what did you learn?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful feedback.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Jim:

First and foremost tremendous job covering this case, you are an impressive journalist.

The person who I would be most curious to interview and examine the background of is Deborah's brother (the one she bought the box of wine with). Have you or anyone been able to speak with him on camera or on background? If so, what did you learn?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful feedback.

Check post #71, he's pretty much answered those questions. ;)

I think you are reading it wrong. He means Samantha Brando and Debbie Bradley were hanging out together. Brando left around 5 p.m.

Just for clarity (not that you are stating anything different) - J. Brando left his house at 5 p.m., at around the same time DB was getting back home from Fiesta. Samantha B. left DB's house between 5:30 - 6:30 to go to the liquor store. There are no reports that James was at the Irwin house, to my knowledge.

Check post #71, he's pretty much answered those questions. ;)

Actually if you read my question I asked not only if he had spoken to her brother on-camera or on background AND if he'd looked into her brother's background and, if so, what did he learn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back