Questions Welcome Here!

Discussion in 'General Information & Discussion' started by imamaze, Feb 5, 2011.

1. birdsofsorrow

birdsofsorrow New Member

New here. So hope I can post this here. I have been looking into a missing 14 year old, 1997. I came across some information about someone, that I think could possibly be involved. How do I verify what I've found?

Lkygrneyz13 and Laughing like this.

2. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

First, please pass the information to LE! Verifying that information is LE's job.

Is there a thread here for the missing child? If not, start a thread with as much information as you can -- location, date, name, and the situation with links to a main stream media or LE source.

Welcome to Websleuths!

jmho ymmv lrr

Flicka1 and TootsieFootsie like this.
  3. Lkygrneyz13

Lkygrneyz13 New Member

just that. verify. corroborate what you know to be true. inform LE (Law Enforcement) never put yourself in a dangerous situation of course

JaneEyre, Flicka1 and Laughing like this.
  4. Lkygrneyz13

Lkygrneyz13 New Member

Im new here too. Just from my own experience. Did you check to see if there is a thread in here on your MP?

Flicka1 and Laughing like this.
  5. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

@birdsofsorrow , you will find help in the search here.

Can you share more information? One of us oldsters can start a thread for this situation.

jmho ymmv lrr

Lkygrneyz13 and Flicka1 like this.
  6. SandySouth

SandySouth Member

Is there a place where the abbreviations used on WS are listed? I looked on FAQ, but did not see it there or anywhere in the Rules, Etiquette or New Member posts. Obviously I know WS = WebSleuths and LE = Law Enforcement, but what does MOO mean? What does BBM mean? I know it will be obvious and I will feel silly after finding out, but I have to ask. Maybe a list can be added to FAQ for us newbies? Thanks!

7. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

Websleuths Lingo

Aluev, NYanon, SandySouth and 2 others like this.
  8. NYanon

NYanon New Member

Hi. I hope this is the right place for this question. Is there a Forensic Science forum? (I searched, but none came up). There are details of a case that are graphic, and I thought it might be a good idea to keep them off the main thread page. So far, the details have been contained to off-site pages, with advisories posted with the links. If there isn't a dedicated Forensic Science forum, is there one that would be appropriate? Thanks in advance.

Laughing and Flicka1 like this.
  9. CarolynAB2

CarolynAB2 Well-Known Member

If you know the address, can you look up the history of the owners? That's assuming that they owned the house. Search for property appraiser in your county, or some such name. Look on the county tax website and see what you can find.

If you can get the owners' names, your internet search might be more effective.

I'm surprised you didn't find anything in the newspapers. Have you tried newspapers.com? You can get a trial subscription for a week or so. Have you asked for help at the local library? They might have some newspapers on microfiche that are not on newspapers.com or other online sites.

Laughing and Flicka1 like this.
  10. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified LE & Senior Investigate Officer, England

I’ve looked all around the site but can’t find the correct page, I’m sure it is not this but maybe you can direct me to the right place please?
    When I have a private conversation, I get an email each time someone posts a reply and I want to stop this happening as it’s clogging up my internet In box with hundreds of replies. Do you know where I can sort this ? Many thanks in anticipation x

11. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified LE & Senior Investigate Officer, England

CANCEL my enquiry
    I’m sorted x