Questions Welcome Here!

sadie77,
I am hoping some of our other sleuthers will be able to answer your questions. My only suggestion would be to check with the prison he was in? Maybe contact law enforcement and ask them where to start looking into it?

Sorry I don't have a concrete answer for you.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Ima

eileenhawkeye,

Hopefully others will read this question you have. I am not familiar with it. Crimes in the News may be a good place to start looking though. Do you know if it went to trial?

Ima

I'm researching some cases involving a guy who went to prison for murder in the early 1980's. He confessed to a few and was suspected of more, but was only charged with one. It seems he would have been eligible for parole a few years ago... I can't find him in the DOC website for the state in question, nor can I find him in the Social Security Death Index. Is there a way to find out when he was released, and if he was required to stay in state?

I've got some sketchy details and links, but I didn't know whether it was appropriate to post them as I'm new here. If he has been released, I guess the powers that be have determined that he's paid his debt and I don't want to harass anybody. However, he confessed to killing three people and raping another, and there's speculation about other cases, and I'd... well, I'd just kinda like to know what happened to him if that's something I'm entitled to know.

Thoughts?

sadie77, welcome!

If he was convicted and sentenced, do you know to which prison he served time in? The parole board/officer would have the info you are looking for. If he was paroled however- you may have a hard time finding him, unless he was convicted as an RSO in certain states.

Hope this helps.

Our local sherriff here in Orange,Ca, was sentenced to 66 month in prison for corruption. IMHO, He did so much good, Did he deserve what he got? I want your opinion here. I just read that a three times sex offender, that was involved in a murder coverup, was up for release after two years, and I want to make some sense of this system. The Feds were involved with Corona, and I think I am suspicious that politics were involved. We are one of the only Republican districts in CA, and Corona was a rising star. If he deserved what was coming to him, I can accept it, if the majority here think it was fair. I need some help in understanding the charges.
I know at WB we help the murdered, missing, grieving, but I want some help on this man in LE, that was instrumental in helping victims if he is deserving. Thanks.

Hi. I'm hoping someone can give me some direction. I'm trying to find information about a murder case from 1976 or 1977. They were neighbors of mine and I only remember their first names and the approximate time frame and I know the address.

I've made attempts to look in old newspapers and I contacted the sheriff's department thinking they might have people who remembered. The person there was very rude and told me there were privacy laws. I thought if you went to prison after having confessed to a murder, you kind of lost some of that...but...what do I know.

Any ideas on other avenues I can pursue to find information? I'm presuming that it was too early to put anything on the internet and searches for the address and type of murder have not returned anything.

Thanks for help you can offer.

if you know the address, you can look up property records to get their last name(s) (presuming they owned it) & from there you can search for news articles & even prison databases to see if they are still incarcerated

HTH & good luck

Hi, new member here and I have a question.

I was nearly abducted twice when I was growing up in the 1990's, once when I was 9 and later as a teenager.
I would like to find more information if there were any serial predators in these areas during these times.

Unfortunately, I did not report these events to the police, and I don't know if I have any information that could be of any use,
but just thinking about these today, many years later as an adult,
it occurred to me that circumstantial evidence could possibly point to one of these bad guys living in my neighborhood at the time.

This was the case when I was 9 years old -- perhaps this man was cruising in my neighborhood looking for a kid to pick up, and that's why I want to see if there were any more cases in that area, perhaps some of you on WS are better able to find that kind of information than I am. But I also think it may have been an attempted abduction of opportunity, based on the circumstances, and that this guy may have been active in other places, but lived in my neighborhood at the time and the opportunity suddenly presented itself. I don't know, but I would like to find out more information.

Thank you if you can help.

Hi Ven :)

Welcome to Websleuths! I'm not sure how to answer your question but am hoping some of our members here will be able to.

:welcome:

Ima

Hello imamaze

Newbie here with a question! I have been trying to find info on a cold case in my hometown from the 80's, I keep hitting a dead end! What else can I do? Here's the resources I've used/tried & the info I have, Thanks in advance!

~Tammy Tracey,19F, Rockford Illinois Missing 5/27/87 from Searls Park, found 4/11/88 Sugar River Forest Preserve

~I've tried utlizing the internet, but have only found a few articles

~Searched for her name here, nada

~Visited the Winnebago County Sheriff's website, but they don't list cases

~I'm not local anylonger, so can't go into the library to view newspaper articles....the local paper website I can't get to bring up any info in archives either!!

~Family doesn't speak of her anymore, so that's been a dead end as well.

**Don't know where else to look***

Hi mama2one :),

hmmmmm... maybe some of our great members here can help us out on this. I'll look into it and see if I can find out anything too.

Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you here.

:welcome4:

Ima

mama2one,

Your right not much on this young lady :-(

I know you said you visited the Sheriffs website and didn't see anything maybe you can e-mail them and ask about the case?

Also the Rockford Police Dept.

Rockford Police Dept.

I will still keep checking too, and maybe someone else will chime in here.

Ima

Hi,
I haven't logged in in quite some time, but I'm looking for someone to take over a crime blog immediately. It has a large Facebook fan following, but the blog owner cannot devote anymore time to it.

Have you tried Google news archives? Most are Pay Per View, but I found some things from that time period.

Missing woman, 22, found dead
Body at side of road near plant in Morris
Click here for complete article
Author: Phillip J. O'Connor
Date: June 7, 1987
Publication: Chicago Sun-Times
Page: 39
Word Count: 284
Excerpt:
Autopsy results are expected to reveal today the cause of death of Kimberly Yeates, 22, whose body was found Saturday, five days after she disappeared from Downstate Morris.

Grundy County Chief Deputy Sheriff Terry Marketti said a farmer driving on a gravel road detected a strong odor and phoned sheriff's police early Saturday.

Sgt. Thomas Walker and officer James Olson found her body about five feet from the road and four miles from a parking lot at the General Electric...

SKELETON IDENTIFIED AS MISSING WOMAN
[FINAL EDITION, C]
Chicago Tribune (pre-1997 Fulltext) - Chicago, Ill.
Date: Apr 17, 1988
Start Page: 3
Section: CHICAGOLAND
Text Word Count: 134
Abstract (Document Summary)

A skeleton discovered in the Sugar River Forest Preserve was identified Saturday as the remains of Tammy Tracey, a 19-year-old Rockford receptionist who had been missing almost a year, authorities said.

Where's Tammy?
Date: October 5, 1987
Publication: Chicago Sun-Times
Page: 8
Word Count: 60

Linda Tracey stands Sunday near one of Rockford's busiest intersections, where a billboard company has donated space to help her search for her missing daughter, Tammy, 19. Tammy disappeared May 27 while she was cleaning her car at a park; two blocks from her Rockford home. The car was found abandoned in a secluded area nearby.

hello websleuths
I'm new here and i think this site is fabulous, I have some information about a crime that occurred in canada in 1986, I've tried to report it to crimestoppers etc but without more information they are not too interested,
I have tried to start a new thread on here but it seems i've no permission to start a new thread,
Can anyone help me so i can get this information out into the ether and see if anyone can remember anything from 1986
best regards
sbeau66

Ah ha, seems that my priveliges are slowly being unlocked, can a more experienced websleuther advise me which forum to start my thread, it involves a 1986 case of a guy pushing someone down some stairs in canada, after finding out that he'd killed the guy
,he fled they country, and to this day the family of this guy will have thought he'd fallen by accident, but i have had a confession, And seeing as i am in the uk i have no access to decent historical newspapers etc, i would like to draw attention to this for more local (canadian) people who perhaps could find out more
thanks
sbeau66

I still can't start a new thread, is it true that I have to write 50 posts before i can do that? help please

I still can't start a new thread, is it true that I have to write 50 posts before i can do that? help please

Hi sbeau66,

Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you with us. It is true that you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can do certain things here. It doesn't take that long. :smile: Just jump into the case you are interested in or cases and start posting.

:welcome5:

I sincerely apologize if I am posting this in the wrong location. I have been an avid fan of Websleuths but just joined yesterday. Looking at different forums I kept seeing the name Doug Alan Mueller who went missing in 1977. There's not much info. on Charley Project but it does say there was ransom involved.

I found a September 4th 2011 article that says his remains were finally identified http://www.faribaultcountyregister....DNA-doesn-t-always-give-answers.html?nav=5001.

I have searched the missing forums from the 1970s and the located forums with no luck. The Charley Project doesn't have this updated information, and recently he has been mentioned as a possible amnesia victim on Websleuths.

As a newbie, I wanted to make sure you wonderful people are aware that sadly his remains were finally identified 34 years later. Thanks!

In March of 1977, my father went missing, after he visted my older sister at her home. Eight days later, he was found deceased, in a heavily wooded area. I was always told he had a mental breakdown, took off into the woods, fell and broke his neck. I never believed this story. It made no sense at all. I was 15 years old at the time and assumed police would solve the case. Later, I found out they never did any type of investigation. I was always hesitant to contact police, because they never investigated the matter in the first place. I finally decided to get his autopsy report. This is what disturbs me.

Diagnoses:
Fracture of neck, 4th, 5th and 6th cervical vertebral area; with epidural hematoma.

Opinion:
This 51 year old white male, died of a broken neck. The injury could have been sustained in a fall or could have been inflicted by an assailant. The manner of death is therefore undetermined.

His death was considered an accident and never investigated as anything else. I talked to a cold case detective. He ask me to fax him autopsy report. He called me today and said they only have police reports going back to 1980, and that he has nothing to work with.

I need help and advice as how to proceed next. I need an expert to take a look at autopsy. Where would I find such a person.

In March of 1977, my father went missing, after he visted my older sister at her home. Eight days later, he was found deceased, in a heavily wooded area. I was always told he had a mental breakdown, took off into the woods, fell and broke his neck. I never believed this story. It made no sense at all. I was 15 years old at the time and assumed police would solve the case. Later, I found out they never did any type of investigation. I was always hesitant to contact police, because they never investigated the matter in the first place. I finally decided to get his autopsy report. This is what disturbs me.

Diagnoses:
Fracture of neck, 4th, 5th and 6th cervical vertebral area; with epidural hematoma.

Opinion:
This 51 year old white male, died of a broken neck. The injury could have been sustained in a fall or could have been inflicted by an assailant. The manner of death is therefore undetermined.

His death was considered an accident and never investigated as anything else. I talked to a cold case detective. He ask me to fax him autopsy report. He called me today and said they only have police reports going back to 1980, and that he has nothing to work with.

I need help and advice as how to proceed next. I need an expert to take a look at autopsy. Where would I find such a person.

You've stumped me. I'll ask around and see if I can find out for you. :hug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back