Questions you'd like answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
that "re-enactment" of the scream was Lou Smit's idea - I just don't think the scream had to have come from the boiler room.

Toltec - Steve Thomas reported the Burke info in his book - according to White Burke didn't say anything, nor did he cry. (And a Nintendo 64 isn't like a Gameboy, he would have to have detached it from the tv hookup)

I just thought of something else - if the underwear and longjohns were urine stained anteriorly, maybe her bladder released urine when the garotte was tightened and she died. She obviously was on her stomach, because the knot was in the back - in fact, maybe when that happened, PR realized she had still been alive, and that's when PR screamed. Just a thought...

I don't understand that comment - "he was unable not to bring himself..."? Does that mean he didn't want to, but did, or that he wanted to, but didn't? Either way it's a strange comment to make.

I have a question: Could anyone invite Jams here? I miss flaming hir.

Bev said:
there are some things about this case that will never be known, but they are details that drive you nutz - here's a few I have, what are yours?

1. Why was it so important to the Ramseys' story that JonBenet was asleep when they got home and was taken directly to bed? Burke said she woke up and helped carry stuff into the house. We know she had pineapple, so why lie about her being asleep? It seems as though it would have been easier to say that she woke up when they pulled into the garage, they futzed around and had a snack and then went to bed - why was it important enough to lie about it? It's as if they were afraid to have anyone know the child was on the first floor that night between those hours - why? Did something happen in that part of the house?

answer: because she was accidently killed after she ate the pineapple when she got home, so if they said she was asleep straight away, it would be easier to keep their story straight and not raise any red flags that anything could have happened to her before she went to bed.

2. Why did Burke act so strangely that morning? Why did he pretend to be asleep, and why didn't his parents wake him up and ask him if he had seen or heard anything in the night? Why when his father came up to get him to take him to White's house, did he remain silent and not ask any questions? That's not the way nine year old boys act - they want to know everything that's going on and if a cop walks in the house, they're fascinated by him, and want to know why he's there. This kid did not ask ONE question or exhibit any fear or curiosity at all. (In my opinion, someone put the fear of God in this kid to keep him quiet. I can hear it now, "no matter what anyone asks you, you say you don't know, do you hear me?? Do you want Mom and Dad in jail?? Don't say anything!!!, I mean it, Burke!!!) And I don't care what anyone says about everyone being "different", nine year old boys don't act like that in that kind
of situation - he didn't even ask, "is JonBenet going with us to the Whites?"
he acted strangely because he knew he hurt her and his parents did put the fear of god into him. he was probably relieved she was dead.

3. How did that blood get in the underwear? She's been wiped clean, but there is blood on the crotch panel - so she had to have had them on, been injured, wiped clean, and then the underwear put back on with the longjohns with the urine stain in the front - otherwise, how could the blood have gotten there? Which means she had that pair of underwear on, she was injured, the underwear were pulled up, and then someone thought better of it, pulled them down, wiped her clean and then pulled the underwear back up. How else could the blood have gotten on that part of the underwear?
not to be gross, but the blood could have migrated downstream so to speak after she was wipe down.

4. Patsy Ramsey was so insistent on the ransom note being on the spiral staircase, saying, "and that's how I come down every morning." How would an intruder know that? Why not leave it in her bed, or on the kitchen counter or the windshield of the car, or the steps leading down from their bedroom, where the parents would be sure of seeing it. And why would she never admit to having read the damned thing? Or why wouldn't she read it in the first place? If it was my kid, I'd of have it memorized. She insinuated to LE that it was 'weird" that Fleet White knew it so well - well, anyone with a brain and a heart would be reading that note over and over wondering if there was anything about it that could tell them who killed that little girl. What's weird, is that Patsy Ramsey didn't do that.
she didn't admit to reading the whole thing because she knew she was already dead so she was playing stupid that if she called LE, that JBR would be beheaded.
btw, i would love to know if her ritual was getting ready before going down to make coffee. i always have my coffee before i put my makeup on meaning, i want to know if she was a coffee drinker. most would have their coffee while they were getting ready-am i wrong??? so she would have gone down in a robe, not in an outfit from the night before.

This baloney that the parents shouldn't be suspected because of their behavior, because everyone acts "differently" is just that - baloney. If everyone acted differently, we wouldn't have societal norms, we wouldn't have traditions, we wouldn't know how to act appropriately in situations. Not to get into anything too esoteric, but there is a biological mechanism in the brain called "theory of mind mechanism". It allows us to understand and act appropriately in society, because we observe appropriate behavior and store those reactions in the brain. These parents didn't act in the way innocent parents act - they go on tv, but can't talk to the police. They call a lawyer the very day it happened, and then refuse to be interviewed, they have investigators on Dec. 27th, taking statements from people who were there that day and don't even inform the police. They give physical evidence but won't talk to the cops or take polygraphs or do one thing to remove themselves as suspects in the case. Things have to make sense and this just does not make any sense at all.
i know you're asking rhetorical questions that you know the answers to but i couldn't resist. i think we're on the same page.

LoneDuck said:
IMO That's not icky at all! It's gravity and mother nature. This board discusses JonBenet's vaginal injuries, why would you acknowledge you were being icky be discussing blood flow? Don't be silly. :) IMO

I believe the blood spot shows JonBenet stared menstruating at an early age IMO. Patsy knew this and started seeing JonBenet as an adult; an adult who would compete with her for male attention IMO. John Ramsey saw his six-year old daughter in Vegas showgirl costumes and other sexy outfits and became attracted to her IMO. Maybe it was how she looked at him when she was on stage, maybe it was the inviting gestures she made during her performances. IMO Whatever it was, John started paying more attention to his daughter than he did to Patsy IMO. Patsy found father and daughter together and went to strike John because she wanted him dead when she saw first-hand what he was doing, but instead she accidentally hit JonBenet IMO. Instead of calling the paramedics when Patsy can tell them it was an accident and explain the whole story of abuse (remember, there was evidence of chronic abuse which would've substaniated Patsy's story to any doctor), she writes a three-page ransom note and stages it to look like a strangulation IMO. After all, she was willing to hit and possibly kill her husband for abusing their daughter but when she accidentally killed or knocked her daughter unconcious, she had to stage it to make it look like her daughter was murdered. It makes sense to me IMO.

What do you guys think?
never in my life have i known of a six year old menstruating-that would be in guiness book of world records-i don't mean any disrespect. that blood was from abuse.

i don't have a source, but i have read where patsy's father gave patsy a book entitled something like, "why does johnny touch his sister?" i think patsy was worried for a long time about burke being inappropriate with jbr. anyone else heard this. it's in one of the books by steve or schiller.

ellen13 said:
i don't have a source, but i have read where patsy's father gave patsy a book entitled something like, "why does johnny touch his sister?" i think patsy was worried for a long time about burke being inappropriate with jbr. anyone else heard this. it's in one of the books by steve or schiller.
The book is Why Johnny Can't Read.

-Tea

Bev said:
that "re-enactment" of the scream was Lou Smit's idea - I just don't think the scream had to have come from the boiler room.

Toltec - Steve Thomas reported the Burke info in his book - according to White Burke didn't say anything, nor did he cry. (And a Nintendo 64 isn't like a Gameboy, he would have to have detached it from the tv hookup)

I just thought of something else - if the underwear and longjohns were urine stained anteriorly, maybe her bladder released urine when the garotte was tightened and she died. She obviously was on her stomach, because the knot was in the back - in fact, maybe when that happened, PR realized she had still been alive, and that's when PR screamed. Just a thought...

I don't understand that comment - "he was unable not to bring himself..."? Does that mean he didn't want to, but did, or that he wanted to, but didn't? Either way it's a strange comment to make.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I totally agree!

"Unable not to" is the poorest transcription or 'quote' using proper English to create a total convoluted bafflement ("25 cent new homemade word") of the English language that I have ever heard in my entire life.

(And I composed THAT previous sentence after three dirty bird martini's and a 16 oz solo cup of wine during an evening out tonight with hubbie's family!) What was the composer of that sentences excuse??? What the "H" does "he was unable not to bring himself to" mean???

If he was not able to, then he couldn't.

If he was unable to bring himself to, then he couldn't.

If he was unable not to.... then he couldn't, "not' go to her... so he DID go to her!!!!:eek:

Geeze... no wonder recorded tele-prompters say 'If in English press one... If in .."Whatever" press 2...' Who the "H" CAN learn the English language as a 2nd language if WE don't even know for sure what other natural born citizens are saying?!?

(and I wrote all of that as well...after the same number of martini's and the same 16 oz solo glass of wine, so what IQ did the person writing this comment or actually saying this "quoted" comment have? (-) minus what?

Thanks IrishMist. I had managed to miss anything about sheet metal, so that now gives me something to go try to look up.

And LaMer I join the others in commending you for thinking of the possibiity that the Xmas morning video may have revealed trouble in paradise.

I could almost go with that video revealing the presence of other family members like a grandpa or older brother or anyone else - except while at the White's party, I would have chatted about the events of our Christmas day - our morning, maybe about some of the gifts and how surprised so-N-so was, who all was there for the noon-day meal, who helped in the kitchen, who all settled in afterwards to nap or watch tv or Xmas movies, etc...and I just have to wonder if the presence of extras wouldn't have come up in conversation and been relayed to LE later whether there was video proof of it or not.

Annette

These are not rhetorical questions. There are aspects of this case that still puzzle me to this day. I've never really thought that Burke did this, but I'm fairly certain that he knows who did.

IrishMist said:
That is mind blowing... but according to the autopsy report, doesn't apply to JonBenét.
I know Irish, I was only responding to the post. Sorry for the confusion.

icedtea4me said:
The book is Why Johnny Can't Read.

-Tea

Icedtea4me,

Actually,the title of the book is:

"Why Johnny Can't Tell Right From Wrong"

LaMer said:
Did you see a picture of the camera set up?

Do you remember reading, where JonBenet hadn't been too thrilled with the 'MyTwins Doll'? I believe PR thought this present was the cat's meow.

Could it be, there was a terrible incident on the video tape, about the doll, which the R's didn't want anybody to see? Maybe PR or JR lost their composure. Could there have been a very nasty encounter, the R's were hiding?
I have asked about this doll before, and haven't found any answers yet. What I asked is:

Did Patsy keep the doll?

If she kept it, did she keep it til she died, or did she let go of it at some point?

If she let go of it, how did she do so? In the trash, or given to someone else, or what?

Anybody else notice that the doll looks like she has a cord tied around her neck?

SuperDave said:
Anybody else notice that the doll looks like she has a cord tied around her neck?
where dave?

SuperDave said:
I've never seen a pic of the doll - do you have a link? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member