Radio personality, Rush Limbaugh, 70, has died, Feb 2021

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by BetteDavisEyes, Feb 17, 2021.

1. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

Link to Limbaugh's airing of song parody of Obama 2007:

Ajaygee11 likes this.

2. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

PolitiFact | 10 fact-checks of Rush Limbaugh, Medal of Freedom winner

PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter.

In the end, Rush Limbaugh was a much married, previously drug abusing drug addicted, bigoted draft dodger
    (okay, it's just my opinion that he was bigoted even though he tried hard to prove that himself. Everything else is fact; he got two draft deferments, some hero).

3. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

If the "great man" himself admitted to his drug abuse/prescription problems (he went into treatment) how long was this a problem and how was his thinking/rationale/radio program impacted by his drug abuse? This might give one pause, mighten it?

tezi and momsof3 like this.
  4. ontheclock

ontheclock Well-Known Member

RIP Rush. Not a fan, but a die hard, far right person. You had your way, and I have mine. Even though I didn't always agree with your presentation, I know you were on our side.

Pick a side, go tribal, and ALWAYS, be nice to opposing tribes until it matters.

There's nothing wrong with being a die hard, far right person.

cuffem, Sincerely, CCJD and 4 others like this.
  5. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

Mark Twain once said
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.

I have been smiling ever since I heard the news.

6. Barbaro

Barbaro Member

I guess because he didn't say mean things about them.

7. Barbaro

Barbaro Member

You do know that Barack the Magic Negro was an editorial that appeared in the LA Times? It was written by David Ehrenstein. Can't say I favor banning the NBA. But I wouldn't mind seeing it die of natural causes.

Sincerely and coffeeandacig like this.
  8. EvaGreen

EvaGreen Active Member

Catmommy and TootsieFootsie like this.
  9. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

IMO, Limbaugh catered to and emboldened a 'Gone With the Wind' Antebellum/Confederate society amongst his listeners. As far as I'm concerned, he gave voice to the white grievance culture and helped pave the way for January 6, 2021.

I can't think of anyone less deserving of a Presidential Medal of Freedom than Limbaugh, but then I remind myself of who bestowed it upon him.

If part of a medal's meaning is based upon who is bestowing it, then the medal Limbaugh received is basically a joke, IMO.

Last edited: May 21, 2021