GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

VA Ralph Leon Jackson-Blue Ridge Parkway Shooter 05-04-2010

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by jaejae, Oct 3, 2019.

1. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

2. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

My arguments on the use of genetic genealogy are not political ones. They are based on my belief that innocent people are being wrongly accused by a flawed genetic genealogy science that LE and the genealogists using it do not understand. This harms people of all political persuasions and of all ethnic backgrounds. If his lawyers are reading I believe that man in Alabama has been wrongly accused of crimes in the same way Mr DeAngelo was in the Golden State Killer case. It is my belief that the Washington State case was a wrongful conviction after information about the flaws and misidentifications were not entered into his defence. It is a lot to be up against if LE present a mistake as indisputable fact because they do understand how the mistake has happened. So in my opinion the argument being presented by the genealogists that they have solved cases is a misleading one as they have actually harmed many innocent people in my opinion:

Paul Holes Retweeted
    [​IMG] Institute for DNA Justice‏ @iminforjustice 10h10 hours ago
    Law enforcement DOES NOT have the ability to "search" or go on "fishing expeditions" in @FamilyTreeDNA or @gedmatch matching databases. Share. Speak up. Fight back with facts!
    Guest opinion: Private DNA should stay out of the government’s hands

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  3. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Here is a recent report about an arrest in a Utah case using genetic genealogy:

https://ksltv.com/422594/scientist-connects-dna-dots-to-help-capture-suspected-serial-rapist/

4. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Again I ask lawyers, civil rights groups, concerned politicians and individuals to read my posts. It is my opinion that these supposed DNA hits using genetic genealogy are flawed and that Barbara Rae-Venter helped to identify an innocent man in the Golden State Killer case. It is my opinion the science is flawed because of the processes used and the DNA hits are simply wrong and the genealogists do not understand what they are doing and caused a great deal of harm to the lives of innocent people:

“Most of the cases have some little twists and turns in them,” Rae-Venter said. Those twists and turns led to a relative of their suspect.

She said detectives went back to Burns’s house and looked through his garbage, gathering what she called “trash DNA.” She said from there, she used what was gathered by detectives and compared it to the crime scene DNA and she had a match.

“I knew I was looking for a half-brother,” Rae-Venter said. “It’s one in a quadrillion — they’ve got the right guy.”

Rae-Venter said helping police find a suspect after all these years is a satisfying part of her job.

“It’s pretty exciting actually,” she said. “It’s a real test of skill. It’s pretty cool when you do identify the right person, and it sort of validates what you’ve been doing.”

5. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

It has to be said again the FBI know these DNA hits are not valid and in my opinion they knew there was no valid DNA hit on Mr Talbott in the Washington State case but for them to allow a wrongful conviction set a very dangerous precedent for the continued use of genetic genealogy. It is my view the FBI have know the actual offender in the Golden State Killer case and many other cases was Ralph Leon Jackson and they have know this since 2010.

6. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Although I do believe individual Agents of course are very concerned about wrongful identifications (and have good moral compasses about what is right and what is wrong) through the use of genetic genealogy and the fact I have been able to post as much of what I consider be the truth about 'scientific lies' of the investigative genealogy is testament to that.

7. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Again to any Public Defenders out there I believe CeCe Moore has misidentified many innocent men as the perpetrators in the cases where she has used genetic genealogy including the Washington State case where her DNA evidence was not exposed as scientifically wrong because the defence team was not aware of all the relevant information. Here is a recent report about her use of genetic genealogy:

Mark Bennett: Genetic genealogy helping unlock unsolved crimes

Here is part of the above article I cannot view all of:

“I think it is a revolution in crime fighting in the United States and probably, eventually beyond,” said CeCe Moore, the lead genetic genealogist at Parabon Nanolabs in Reston, Virginia, the ...

• Author: Mark Bennett | Tribune-Star

8. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I cannot see all of the article I would not see this forensic 'revolution' moving outside of the US and I actually want the validity of it checked in the US to prevent what I consider to be the possible suffering of innocent US Citizens because of its mistakes.

9. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

As I say this might just be a small point with regards to the investigative genetic genealogy revolution but it is my opinion based on years of research that Cece Moore has identified the wrong offender in the majority of cases she has worked with ParaBon Labs including the Washington State case where not all the facts were available to Mr Talbott's Public Defenders (although in my view they should have presented a more robust defence such as those lawyers in the Alabama case). Anyway here is the former actress at a scientific conference:

ISHI News - @dnadetectives, CeCe Moore, outlines the...

10. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Given what I have just said in my opinion it is outright irresponsible and unethical to encourage people to upload their DNA into databases. Just want to make the point some genealogists make out they are concerned about ethics yet at every opportunity they go around encouraging other people to enter their DNA into databases but they do not really know what the consequences of this are in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  11. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I would ask the scientific community to take a look at it again and se if they can work it out:

ISHI News

12. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Everyone has a right to earn a living but I have concerns about all these private companies that are involved with genetic genealogy as of course they have to make a profit. Here is a recent blog about the new guidelines with regards to investigative genetic genealogy:

After Golden State, the government finally moves

Here is part of the above blog:
    These guidelines are baby steps. They don’t impact people working in the private sector. But likely they presage more fully-fleshed responses.

One consideration is that when thinking about the intersection of genealogy and forensics we often view the latter as a black-box, with reliable technology and data. The reality is that degraded samples are not as easy to work with, and extracting information is not trivial. Because of this variation in quality, it seems possible that unless there is some self-regulation, eventually the government will exhibit greater and greater oversight on this space due to its relevance to law enforcement. There have already been enough scandals with conventional government forensic labs.

13. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Any Serial Killer is horrible and all victims deserve justice and it is a good thing of course that the FBI are looking into the cases of Samuel Little. However the point of my thread here is that Ralph Leon Jackson was the most prolific Serial Killer in US history as well as being the most prolific serial rapist and committer of assaults. This is not to mention his break ins which are small beer to these horrible assaults. The whole point of this thread is that he is the most prolific in US history and this is partly or the main reason why he has not been identified after almost a decade. It is also why the innocent Joseph DeAngelo is suffering for his crimes and other innocent men are facing trial for his crimes even though he is dead:

FBI Says Samuel Little Is 'Most Prolific Serial Killer in U.S. History' After Verifying 50 Murders

CA - CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012

14. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I am in favour of all victims of crime getting justice no matter their lifestyle or background and this includes the victims of the Grim Sleeper who is as bad as any other killer to these victims. This point needs to be made while the killer Samuel Little is doodling in jail (of course for a good cause and the right reasons) for over a year in my view the innocent Mr DeAngelo and other innocent men have been paying and suffering for Jackson's crimes and as of today nothing has been done about it. As I said to the poster Nadal this is the EAR/ONS case.

15. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

The fact he is such a prolific Serial Killer is also the reasons after years of not knowing and suffering is also why for over a year his victims have thought the wrong offender brutalised their loved ones and this is definitely not fair on them either.

16. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I believe their are members of the FBI who have consciously worked the case and have integrity and want or wanted the EAR/ONS case to be solved correctly but now with the situation of innocent men being wrongly accused of Jackson's crimes for over a year these things need to be said. In my opinion the wrongful conviction of Mr Talbott in the Washington case which was the first to be go to trial after the use of genetic genealogy to identify him as a suspect sets a dangerous precedent. After this precedent in my opinion other innocent people have been wrongly accused of crimes again through the use of genetic genealogy including some of Jackson's crimes. After nearly decade of him not being identified and what I have just mentioned it also sets a dangerous precedent for the FBI to label Samuel Little the most prolific serial killer in US history when they actually know it is Ralph Jackson and this is the reason why the case is not as open as the Little case and why innocent people are being wrongly accused of his crimes after his death,

17. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

There are many terrible crimes on this board and the victims in my view are equally entitled to justice and this has always been my view. In crude terms though in my opinion Samuel Little is not the most prolific Serial Killer in US history that was Ralph Leon Jackson. His crimes include some very high profile ones including I believe the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. He has of today has not been identified as a Serial Killer and in fact in my opinion many innocent men have been wrongly accused of his crimes because of the use of a flawed and unethical genetic genealogy 'science'. I think it is morally wrong that innocent men and their families are now involved in protracted legal proceedings which are erroneous and flawed and for the crimes of a dead man:

FBI names America's deadliest serial killer

18. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Again for any lawyers and privacy groups who can my read my posts I have clearly stated that it is my opinion that in many cases where investigative genetic genealogy has been used to identify offenders there has been misidentifications and an innocent person wrongly identified. This includes the cases of both Dr. Barbara Rae-Venter and Cece Moore. In fact it is my view the case that inspired this use of genetic genealogy was a misidentification and the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. These DNA are no hits the product of flawed scientific processes. Again if lawyers read my posts it is my opinion that Sacramento LE repeated the same mistakes in the NorCal Rapist case and the offender there was also Ralph Leon Jackson continuing what might be termed his East Area Rapist crime spree in California. As I have said on this thread earlier I also believe that the conviction of Mr Talbott in Washington was a wrongful one where the information I have just alluded to was withheld from his defence team:

This DNA Company Wants Your Help To Identify Victims And Catch Criminals

19. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I can assure people what I am saving is the truth and if you look at Mr DeAngelo he has been reduced to more a less a skeleton as in my view being detained for crimes he did not commit for over one year:

In recent years, familial DNA has been used in several high-profile cases, most notably that of Joseph DeAngelo — suspected of being the “Golden State Killer.” DeAngelo was investigated after DNA left at a crime scene was matched to a mutual descendant of his great-great-great grandparents, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The relative had uploaded their DNA information to the open data personal genomics database and genealogy website GEDmatch. After clandestinely obtaining a sample of DeAngleo’s DNA and finding a direct match, he was arrested and charged with 13 counts of murder, including murder committed during the course of a burglary and rape, and 13 counts of kidnapping for robbery, according to CNN.

This DNA Company Wants Your Help To Identify Victims And Catch Criminals

20. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Here is an interview about the DOE Project which uses genetic genealogy to identify unknown victims of crimes: