Ramseys sue Fox News

Originally posted by why_nutt
John must be feeling frustrated over living so close to a lake and not having a boat to sail (Daddy needs a new pair of outboard motors). Of course, this has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with dipping into Fox's deep pockets. But what will be entertaining to see is how this will play out on a jurisdictional level. Lin Wood is not a member of the bar in any state but Georgia; how will he file paperwork concerning plaintiffs who live in Michigan against a defendant who operates out of New York? In previous suits, they always bullied the courts into having the case play out in Georgia courts as was convenient for them, and Lin had free reign. Now, Georgia is out of the equation entirely except in the most abstract of ways.

In other news, everyone can have a virtual peek at the Ramsey house in Smyrna, now that its listing is online:

http://bethbenedict.jennypruitt.com...ngDistrictTypeID=&FirstLetter=&Sort=&Cookies=

Edited to add:

Can someone explain to me the thought process which leads to a family's decision to buy a new house with an exterior basement door, when the same family supposedly had an exterior basement door broken into by a robber in their old house? Why is it not obvious at that point that robbers break into exterior basement doors, and the way to keep them out is to give them fewer doors to enter the house through? For that matter, can anyone explain to me why a family which had its choice of all the houses it wanted, and who explicitly said they did not want to buy a house with a basement because their daughter was killed in one, would go on to buy not one, but two houses with basements?

Great question(s)...and excellent post...IMHO COMMON SENSE kicks in and says "THIS IS NOT NORMAL(WHAT THE MAJORITY WOULD DO)...but many are blind & cannot hear LOL!!!

...had to read your url above twice...noticed the realtor's name was "BETH BENEDICT"; maybe it's just me fishing but it reminded be of John's middle name and his 1st daughter killed...!!!

(Eliazbeth=Beth)
(John Bennet/JonBenet)

:dontknow: :confused:

Originally posted by Shylock
Candy, thanks for the heads-up. Please post any further info or legal docs should it become available. I can't wait to read this one!

I do appreciate you Candy for what you share/post here!:)

Originally posted by Imon128
So much for justice for JB...it's all about "them". I wonder if they'll donate any winnings to the JB Foundation (cough, cough, sputter sputter). :)

Great question; so whats up w/JB Foundation these days?...The R's don't even have a website anymore--why?:eek:

but I love this statement from Patsy:WE'RE TRYING TO SOLVE A MURDER" Yathink?...so how long does it take Patsy?

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0901pats1.shtml
"We're trying to solve a murder. This is not a TV series," Patsy Ramsey said. "But when it's finally just badgering instead of really trying to get to the bottom of this, then I think it needs to be exposed."

Sabrina - I agree with you. That was my interpretation of what she said - that there was no evidence which could be linked to a specific intruder.

I'm seriously not sure that they have a case here. Are you in touch with Carol McKinley? Is she still following the Ramsey case?

I hope this lawsuit gets the attention and consideration that it deserves.

Why_Nut - I see that the Ramsey Smyrna house has a "computer room". Is this another name for an office/study? It's just that the term "computer room" conjurs up a sort of computer lab type scenario for me. i.e. a room containing several computers linked together in a way that enables them to share printers/internet connection etc.

Can anyone explain?

Jayelles, we call our office/study the "computer room". I think that is a common term for a home office here.

Sounds to me like this lawsuit will bring into account the "foreign DNA". I bet that is what they will use to say there IS "intruder evidence". And, that can be debated forever, as evidenced on this forum.

There were high hopes that the NY Times (was it the Times--correct me if wrong) would go up against LW and they did not, so I can't get excited about Fox doing it. I predict they'll settle.

I looked at new houses a year or so ago and some of them had what was called a "computer room"-- they were all smaller than an office or regular size room --and some even had a built in computer desk of sorts, and they had the extra cable/dsl outlet . A few were stuck in with the laundry room.

Thanks for explaining. We would just call that a study or home office (or SEWING ROOM depending on who got in first heh heh heh!)

If there WAS true "evidence" linking an intruder to the murder of JonBenet - the police and authorities (particularly Keenan) would
by now have CLEARED John and Patsy Ramsey.

They have not.

Nuff said.

Carol McKinnley is right.

I think the reason Lin Wood waited until the week of Christmas (and 2 days before the limit to sue) was to "silence" any news reports of "it's been 7 years now since JonBenet's murder and her parents are still under that umbrella of suspicion.... etc)

What a Grinch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back