Random Thoughts and Discussion Ideas#6 About the Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buck is a buck... face time is face time... in cases like this where it is obvious the defendant is guilty and the case is high profile, defense lawyers like Baez know it is their ticket to national recognition, media attention, and big bucks in the pocket. Lawyers like Baez don't care about justice, IMO, they care about the almighty dollar. They want to string things out as far as they can, doing motion after motion, to appease their client, all the while watching and smiling as their bill tallies up higher and higher, and they get face time after face time with the media. Thankfully, not all lawyers are like that... but it is those few like Baez that get most lawyers wrongly labeled as bottom feeders.

Thank you for your response.....no way I could be a defense lawyer.....I know there are people everyday that are accused, but, innocent.....but, cases like this screams guilty, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was her lawyers and representing her the way Baez is......crazy, just crazy dude
:banghead:

This whole case just boggles the mind. One thing that I have never been able to understand is how KC was able to come home and make pasta and bake brownies while she knew just around the corner Caylee was lying in pieces! How did she wear those Caylee T shirts with her picture on it and even knot it up to make it fit her tighter, then STRUT around with her hollywood celeb sunglasses - what was she thinking?
She has to be as close to a female Ted Bundy as I have ever heard about-minus the fact that she only killed once before she was caught! IMO

and, by all accounts, everyone in that house let her get away with it. Behind those closed doors, 'sweetheart' should have been being grilled 24/7 by her parents.

A buck is a buck... face time is face time... in cases like this where it is obvious the defendant is guilty and the case is high profile, defense lawyers like Baez know it is their ticket to national recognition, media attention, and big bucks in the pocket. Lawyers like Baez don't care about justice, IMO, they care about the almighty dollar. They want to string things out as far as they can, doing motion after motion, to appease their client, all the while watching and smiling as their bill tallies up higher and higher, and they get face time after face time with the media. Thankfully, not all lawyers are like that... but it is those few like Baez that get most lawyers wrongly labeled as bottom feeders.

How true you are about Baez. He should have agreed to that gag order immediately in this case. He wanted the recognition this case would give him and it has totally backfired on him IMO. What made him think with 3 years actual experience as a lawyer that he could represent KC? He smiles and smirks as if to say, "I know what I'm doing" and all the while he stumbles and bumbles through it all. Even saying something like, Florida rarely gives women the death penalty and my client isn't a serial killer. Wow, how would you like that representation? He needs to shut up and step down.

Just a random thought, but I have been thinking about other ways the A's could make a living besides doing the child find group thing, which isn't going to go well for them, in my opinion..

I can't imagine there are a lot of other people out there who would want to hire them, it would bring a company a lot of attention to have one of them working in their business, but not of the sort that would be good I think..

Apart from that, they could sell their house, move into something smaller. But who in their right minds would want the place, knowing it is likely the scene of the murder, and even if it isn't.. who would want the publicity and notarity of owning that house?

Still they don't seem to be short of money, their clothes and grooming are improving every month, so they must know something I don't about making a living.

I think it's pretty obvious where the money came from and frankly, it's not against the law for them to make money this way, not even for KC until she is convicted.

Something needs to be done about that law IMO.

Judging from what I've seen from the defense and now that ALy is onboard, I have a theory on what their defense may be.

Does anyone else have to look up at the title of the thread they are on to make sure what they are about to say isn't OT? LOL I am forever having to do that. I'll go in search of the proper thread.

I've asked this question before but have never gotten an answer. The paper towels that were tested and found to contain decomp fluid---were they from the bag that was tossed out along with the pizza at the impound lot? I am thinking they must have been since they were tested due to the fly activity and the presence of pupae. If so, could this have caused the smell on its own, if the body was only in the trunk for a very short time after death? I am just trying to figure out if the body had to actually be in there to form the smell or if the fluid on the paper towels would be enough to cause it. Any ideas?

Judging from what I've seen from the defense and now that ALy is onboard, I have a theory on what their defense may be.

Does anyone else have to look up at the title of the thread they are on to make sure what they are about to say isn't OT? LOL I am forever having to do that. I'll go in search of the proper thread.
Might be off topic, but I can't let your post go by the wayside. Lol! What do you think (as I respect your opinion) defense will do? :blowkiss:

Since this is the 'random thoughts' thread. I'm sure it's okay to discuss any small sideline that crops up for you.

My own particular random thought concerns the motion to seal the autopsy report.

I watched as George Anthony declared that he and his wife were Caylees "guardians". That sentence stung me throughout the hearing.
They are her guardians once she is nothing but remnants of her living self, how I wished they'd stepped into that role 12 months sooner.

KC granted her parents 'custody' only after it was too late.

I think the state has kicked it up a notch with the autopsy being released, they are going to start hammering it to the defense, by filing motion after motion, ....I believe the heat has just been turned up on them, KWIM???

I hope nobody will slam me. I would like Casey to get life.I know dp is called for in this case.
I want her with other inmates day after day for the rest of her life.Not in a cell by herself,protected until the end.

Might be off topic, but I can't let your post go by the wayside. Lol! What do you think (as I respect your opinion) defense will do? :blowkiss:

Thanks Karen. It's just my opinion, but after watching the defense in this case, I've been wondering how in the world they are going to defend this girl. It's the only plausible thing I can come up with and one that could work in KC's favor and especially now with ALy onboard. GA and CA aren't going to like it one bit, but I think the defense will present something along the lines of a 'heat of the moment' killing and subsequent coverup due to KC's fear of her mother.

It's not an insanity defense, but it might as well be. Think about it, JB has cut off all contact between KC and her parents. KC won't even look at them when she goes into the courtroom. Now you have ALy who looks for mitigating factors, such as abuse, mental illness, depression, etc., to keep her clients from a death sentence. With KC, just look at her parents - they obviously have anger issues and why not throw in postpartum depression while you're at it?

KC killed Caylee in the heat of the moment or I'm sure they would prefer to say it was an accidental death and she tried to make it look like a kidnapping out of fear of her mother (remember the interview at Universal when she told YM her mother would never forgive her?).

What caused KC to behave this way? Look at the A's behavior! She didn't want to have the baby - they made her keep the baby. She asked for psychological help, they talked her out of it. Every time KC stole money or lied, her mother covered for her.

She couldn't help herself. She didn't know any better. She could even testify on the stand with this defense.

It won't get her off, but it might get her something less than LWOP. If ALy starts calling in the doctors I think we'll know which way they are going.

Do I think any of it is true? Only the part about them enabling her behavior over the years. That does not make a killer, but it leaves it wide open for all sorts of personality disorders.

It's just my opinion unless they have a nanny handy in their back pocket.

and, by all accounts, everyone in that house let her get away with it. Behind those closed doors, 'sweetheart' should have been being grilled 24/7 by her parents.

Sweetheart should abeen stopped before she got that far.

Thanks Karen. It's just my opinion, but after watching the defense in this case, I've been wondering how in the world they are going to defend this girl. It's the only plausible thing I can come up with and one that could work in KC's favor and especially now with ALy onboard. GA and CA aren't going to like it one bit, but I think the defense will present something along the lines of a 'heat of the moment' killing and subsequent coverup due to KC's fear of her mother.

It's not an insanity defense, but it might as well be. Think about it, JB has cut off all contact between KC and her parents. KC won't even look at them when she goes into the courtroom. Now you have ALy who looks for mitigating factors, such as abuse, mental illness, depression, etc., to keep her clients from a death sentence. With KC, just look at her parents - they obviously have anger issues and why not throw in postpartum depression while you're at it?

KC killed Caylee in the heat of the moment or I'm sure they would prefer to say it was an accidental death and she tried to make it look like a kidnapping out of fear of her mother (remember the interview at Universal when she told YM her mother would never forgive her?).

What caused KC to behave this way? Look at the A's behavior! She didn't want to have the baby - they made her keep the baby. She asked for psychological help, they talked her out of it. Every time KC stole money or lied, her mother covered for her.

She couldn't help herself. She didn't know any better. She could even testify on the stand with this defense.

It won't get her off, but it might get her something less than LWOP. If ALy starts calling in the doctors I think we'll know which way they are going.

Do I think any of it is true? Only the part about them enabling her behavior over the years. That does not make a killer, but it leaves it wide open for all sorts of personality disorders.

A lot of people are abused or badly raised. Quite a few of us on THIS list have had upbringings as bad or worse than KCs.

However, everybody who is from a bad upbringing doesn't murder.

It's thought that maybe 10% of the population has some sort of personality disorder. However, 10% of the population does not murder, or even steal.

No excuses for KC. She was an adult, and she made the choice to kill, knowing the consequences.

The only thing that I don't think goes along with this theory is Casey's behavior for the 31 days......was she on a "high" during that time....and I don't mean drugs, kinda like someone who is bipolar.......she seemed to be celebrating during that time, her freedom, etc.,......or was it her way of coping a very bad thing that she had done............
I just don't know??????:confused:

I sure hope that BJB and JWG and all others who have devoted an extreme amount of personal time gathering info, timelines and whatnots about this case are doing a daily backup of their harddrives.

I can follow their explanations a whole lot better than just reading the docs.

A big THANK YOU from me for being so darn specific in answering my questions. :clap: :clap: :clap:

A lot of people are abused or badly raised. Quite a few of us on THIS list have had upbringings as bad or worse than KCs.

However, everybody who is from a bad upbringing doesn't murder.

It's thought that maybe 10% of the population has some sort of personality disorder. However, 10% of the population does not murder, or even steal.

No excuses for KC. She was an adult, and she made the choice to kill, knowing the consequences.

Yes, most normal people know this. I'm simply saying, it's the only defense I can think of that might gain her sympathy in the eyes of the jury. I hope not, but it's a possibility.

The only thing that I don't think goes along with this theory is Casey's behavior for the 31 days......was she on a "high" during that time....and I don't mean drugs, kinda like someone who is bipolar.......she seemed to be celebrating during that time, her freedom, etc.,......or was it her way of coping a very bad thing that she had done............

Yeah, I think that is where the "ugly coping" that JB has already thrown out to the media comes into play.

I'd like to say for the record, this is not a defense I would fall for, but in watching JB and the way he has handled the media, it makes me suspicious that they may try to go this route.

Sometimes a things are just as they seem.

Doh, I just had a brain fart. When KC said "I feel she's close to home", that was shortly after she was jailed (I think anyway). That almost sounds like she wanted her to be found--giving them a clue. If she wanted her to be found, there is no way she could know the body would be skeletonized so fast (right at one month after). So, however Caylee died, KC must have thought the method of death would point to a kidnapper. I guess that kind of rules out my initial thought of accidental drowning and cover up. Sorry, I'm kind of slow sometimes LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288