Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Steely Dan, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrdsb4

nrdsb4 Well-Known Member

Is it clear that these innocent men were convicted because a woman lied and said she was raped when she was not, or was it that the women who testified against these men were mistaken because their rapists were strangers and the innocent men who were accused resembled the man who actually did rape them?

Were most of these men accused by someone they knew who lied in order to ruin their lives?

I'm just not getting from this link that "lots of our 'sisters' lie."

2. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

There was always the US Mail or even leave it in an envelope at his office, etc.

3. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused by your focus on the money. Just because there is no mention of something in the media doesn't mean something didn't happen. What is it that you think the money proves?

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

The "focus" apparently shifts everywhere for some except upon Cosby himself. The money aspect, the passage of time, the perceived virtue of the many women -- everywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, won't be the first time.

5. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Psychology is often complex. The desire for money is more straight forward.
    :cow:

6. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

7. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Why do you ask? I'm not sure what the exact date was but I think it was earlier than 1/27/2005 because there's this article http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=446798 dated 1/27/2005 and it says, "New Developments in Cosby Fondling Investigation" which implies that there were old developments that were already known before that.

Not sure what a lawyer's quarterly reports have to do with it. You can't have been sexually harassed if you're not able to practice as a lawyer? Men only sexually assault women who are always punctual with their paperwork even years later?

JMO but this is another non-denial. Neither "It's absurd", "it's ridiculous", "the woman is a failed lawyer" equals "I did not do that".

"Bill Cosby was the only guy I couldn't write about in the book, because HarperCollins is afraid of lawsuits," the supermodel said at the time. "Truly."

Stern, unaware of Dickinson's hesitation to speak about the topic, pressed for more. "So what happened?" the longtime SiriusXM host asked. "He got you? So he nailed you? You had sex with Bill Cosby?"

"He was married [to Camille O. Cosby]," Dickinson trailed, adding that the publisher was "too afraid" to publish parts of the memoir involving him. "Wouldn't touch that one," she revealed. "And I don't want to get near that because I don't have the shekels that you do or that Cosby does."

Dickinson continued, "The guy's a bad guy, he's not a nice guy. He preys on women who just come out of rehab. I'll say that."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-guy-in-2006-interview-20141911#ixzz3JjAAer00

only 42 posts and many of them about how crazy Janice Dickinson is...However there was this link
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/02/09/cosby-denies-2nd-woman-accusations/ which says that the date that Constand went to the authorities is Jan 13. 2005

For the sake of complete information it might also be nice to point out how many women have had their lives ruined by rape and sexual abuse and it was either never reported or nothing came out of it.

Well they could hardly say we knew all about it and paid no attention. Maybe they didn't know... Cosby wouldn't tell and it seems most of the women were quiet as well.

Was she one of the Jane Does or a new one?
    There was a documentary about Islam many years ago and one of the things it talked about was how you needed the testimony of two women or one man to be believable in court, and everybody in the room was appalled that the word of women was only worth one half of the word of a man and never in a civilized country etc...

But it seems like the word of more than a dozen American women is worth less than the word of one rich and powerful man here.

8. Donjeta

Read more at http://www.wral.com/cosby-removed-as-advisor-at-high-point-university/14205065/#oZKuAdYDiyVVhwey.99

So why did they remove him now? Andrea Constand et al's allegations had been known for quite a while when they appointed him in the first place.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/dr-huxtable-mr-hyde/

Nothing to do with rape but it goes along with the intimidating persona thing. Cosby gave a parenting sermon at an event where lots of kids were present.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/articles/dr-huxtable-mr-hyde/#VcTkJVAfZpMuwf2c.99

9. Leilei

Leilei Blue Star Mom Times Two

Are you a victim of his? Really don't like the victim blaming here. Not the first time it's happened in this thread.

IMO.

10. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

Bill Cosby’s Sudden Fall, Explained Sociologically

How did Bill Cosby suddenly become radioactive?

On Wednesday, the cable network TV Land pulled reruns of “The Cosby Show” from the air, a development that echoed decisions by NBC to drop a sitcom starring Mr. Cosby and Netflix’s announcement that it would postpone the release of his new comedy special.

What’s surprising is the way that rape allegations against Mr. Cosby, which go back decades, have become so damaging to him now.

According to the research of Ari Adut, a University of Texas sociologist, moral scandals like this one arise when a suspected transgression becomes common knowledge.

Even if there is dispersed knowledge about the allegations (as in Mr. Cosby’s case), the information may not trigger a reaction unless it receives what Mr. Adut calls “collective and focused attention.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/u...s&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

11. Donjeta

How sad is that anyway? Women can say anything and who's going to take notice...But wait, a man makes jokes about it and suddenly heads turn.

12. Xara

Xara Active Member

13. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

I must say, where there is smoke, there is likely fire.

However, I do have a huge problem with the fact that the media is really having a feeding frenzy here. I am NOT here to defend Bill Cosby. However, I would like to defend the American system. Although there is a right to free speech, I think we are crossing a border here that is dangerous. I do not believe that it is fair the way that this is being handled. EVERY single new accusation is being printed. EVERY single new accuser is being taken as fact. There is a good chance that this man was (or maybe still is) a predator. However, I do not like the fact that he is guilty until proven innocent. I do not like the fact that he has little recourse to defend himself in this arena. Sure, he can come out and say "No, I did not"; but the damage is already done.

Ray Donovan said it best when he was acquitted, "Which office do I go to to get my reputation back?"

14. Donjeta

So what is the alternative? Should the news just sit down and silence the alleged victims to death because the alleged rapist's reputation might suffer?

15. CanManEh

CanManEh New Member

I wonder how many celebs would be in jail right now for paying off someone out of court..That doesn't mean the accusation is at all true it means I would rather spend a few hundred bucks to shut this idiot up then have the hassle.....The show which can be found anywhere is called kids say the darndest things .and to you truth .i am aware what pedo means and rapist means .I know the difference .. Now if you would let a rapist be alone with your kids well thats your call .Me on the other hand i would never be ok with someone that is a rapist being alone with my kids just because he hasnt been convicted of pedofilia ..

16. Donjeta

Whose kids have been alone with Bill Cosby?

ETA: oh I see... Renita Chaney Hill's parents ...(allegedly)
    where the heck were her parents

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...years-paid-college-tuition.html#ixzz3Jk1QlLO6
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's twelve named people now. Every time I see this list on Daily Mail there's one more than previous time.

17. CanManEh

CanManEh New Member

Kids Say the Darndest Things: ... Kids Say The Darndest Things is a show hosted by Bill Cosby. He asks kids various questions in a one on one interview style tv show that aired from 1998 to 2000 on CBS ...

18. CanManEh

CanManEh New Member

And theres a person on here that thinks its ok for a rapist to be alone kids ..WHY...Because she says well he hasn't been convicted of pedofilia.

19. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

He used his image, position and power to entice, then entrap vulnerable women into defenseless states so he could rape them. That same power, image and position was then used to bully them into silence.

Now this same power, image and position is resulting in this very visible media story. It's amazing how such power, image and position can bite you in the azz when you egregiously abuse it. He made this bed, he can lie in it. He should consider the bright side -- he could be in prison right now. One might say he's lucky.

20. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

He was never alone with anyone's kids

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.