Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have to decide for ourselves what to believe and not believe. Because I don't believe someone does not mean I am calling them a liar.

Hm ok?? You often don't believe people you consider truthtellers?

You are avoiding the point. What if you were being accused without evidence?

Victim testimony *is* evidence. It's called direct evidence. I definitely recall you bemoaning that a case had "only" circumstantial evidence in the past. Well, as it stands, every one of these allegations is supported by *direct* evidence.

Victim testimony *is* evidence. It's called direct evidence. I definitely recall you bemoaning that a case had "only" circumstantial evidence in the past. Well, as it stands, every one of these allegations is supported by *direct* evidence.

Yes but that is not what this is. It is evidence under oath. When it is in the media it is a claim. It is not the same thing.

BBM Well if I ever got raped and the perp was never caught but you went around saying it doesn't matter and it never happened because there is no proof and so every single person in the world is innocent in the court of law (so I must be making it up, although there is no proof of that either) I might feel like I was railroaded.

Fortunately, I think you're in the minority and most other people do realize that the crimes for which people don't get charged and convicted for may be just as horrible and matter just as much as the crimes that the perp was stupid enough to end in jail for.

So what if we were not talking about rape here? What if we were talking about murder? Let's say some young ladies got drugged and strangled but they never could charge or convict anyone for it. That wouldn't matter to you?

Why are we making up things?And why is it ok to go somewhere imaginary with your scenario, but not the what if of the ability for someone else to ruin a life just because they could get 50 people to make something up -

It's not Bill Cosby that I personally am defending - it's this call for justice when no one seems to be seeking the legal system, just seemingly publicity and or payoffs.

Well, it would explain a lot about you, Charlie! LOL.

I am totally kidding. Your opinions are too consistent to be anything but genuine. I may disagree (almost always), but I would never question your sincerity or your ability to defend your point of view.

*courtesy laugh*

;)

Hm ok?? You often don't believe people you consider truthtellers?

I believe that people can remember things wrong or be influenced or have ulterior motives.
There are a lot of possibilities.
But when someone goes and tells their story to the media and not to court, That is an issue for me.

Why are we making up things?And why is it ok to go somewhere imaginary with your scenario, but not the what if of the ability for someone else to ruin a life just because they could get 50 people to make something up -

It's not Bill Cosby that I personally am defending - it's this call for justice when no one seems to be seeking the legal system, just seemingly publicity and or payoffs.

Well is there anything to show that it's not imaginary and completely made up to suppose that someone got 50 people to agree to ruin Bill Cosby's life by making up lies about him?

I believe that people can remember things wrong or be influenced or have ulterior motives.
There are a lot of possibilities.
But when someone goes and tells their story to the media and not to court, That is an issue for me.

Do you believe Andrea Constand, Lachele Covington, Chloe Goins and Judy Huth then? they were willing to go to court with it.

Do you believe Andrea Constand, Lachele Covington, Chloe Goins and Judy Huth then? they were willing to go to court with it.

IF they go to court, If there are charges I will weigh the evidence.

IF they go to court, If there are charges I will weigh the evidence.

Andrea Constand went to court and Bill Cosby apparently settled so that his lawyers were forced to state that the statements that the allegations were discredited didn't refer to the allegations made by Andrea Constand.

That to me is a roundabout legal way of saying the allegations made by Andrea Constand could very possibly be totally true.

How does that weigh with you?

Andrea Constand went to court and Bill Cosby apparently settled so that his lawyers were forced to state that the statements that the allegations were discredited didn't refer to the allegations made by Andrea Constand.

That to me is a roundabout legal way of saying the allegations made by Andrea Constand could very possibly be totally true.

How does that weigh with you?

She did not go to criminal court. Civil judgments or settlements are not relevant to me. People settle for all kinds of reasons. Usually because it is cheaper and again the goal in that case was money not justice.

I don't believe that because she tried to get money in a civil suit means he is guilty.

Are you aware that it's not up to the alleged victim to decide if the case will be criminally prosecuted or not? Andrea Constand was willing to testify in a criminal court but the prosecutor thought there was not enough evidence. No one can just "go to criminal court" at will.

Are you aware that it's not up to the alleged victim to decide if the case will be criminally prosecuted or not? Andrea Constand was willing to testify in a criminal court but the prosecutor thought there was not enough evidence.

Yes. Because prosecutors have to file charges according to the law. They can not just file charges for cases where there is not enough evidence. So if the case was not brought criminally there is a reason. There was not enough evidence. So there should have been no case.

Yes. Because prosecutors have to file charges according to the law. They can not just file charges for cases where there is not enough evidence. So if the case was not brought criminally there is a reason. There was not enough evidence. So there should have been no case.

Yeah and that's how it happened. There was no criminal case.

But not enough evidence does not mean that there was no crime. It means that there was not enough evidence.

Yeah and that's how it happened. There was no criminal case.

But not enough evidence does not mean that there was no crime. It means that there was not enough evidence.

Prosecutors can get indictments if they need them, But the fact that this prosecutor did not charge him says a lot to me.

Prosecutors can get indictments if they need them, But the fact that this prosecutor did not charge him says a lot to me.

Yeah it says there was not enough evidence to indict and get a conviction.

He said he believed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member