Rapper TI takes daughter to GYN every year to have her virginity checked...

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by EvilOlivE, Nov 7, 2019.

1. EvilOlivE

EvilOlivE Well-Known Member

This is so creepy and bizarre...and I can't believe the GYN would do this.

T.I. daughter: Rapper T.I. says he visits the gynecologist every year with daughter to "check her hymen" - CBS News

T.I. is facing backlash on social media for saying he goes to the gynecologist with his teenage daughter each year to "check her hymen" is still intact. The rapper's controversial comments were in response to a question about whether he's had the "sex talk" with his daughters, reports BuzzFeed News.

In a Tuesday episode of the podcast "Ladies Like Us," T.I. was speaking with hosts Nazanin Mandi and Nadia Moham about parenting, when the question came up. The rapper, who has six children, brought up how he handles the discussion with his oldest daughter, 18-year-old Deyjah Harris.

"Not only have we had the conversation. We have yearly trips to the gynecologist to check her hymen," T.I. said, according to BuzzFeed. "Yes, I go with her."

The rapper told the hosts that after the teen's 16th birthday party, he put a sticky note on her door that read, "'Gyno. Tomorrow. 9:30.'"

So we'll go and sit down and the doctor comes and talk, and the doctor's maintaining a high level of professionalism," T.I. explained, adding that the doctor asked Harris if was ok to tell her dad the results. "He's like, 'You know, sir, I have to, in order to share information' — I'm like, 'Deyjah, they want you to sign this so we can share information. Is there anything you would not want me to know? See, Doc? Ain't no problem.'"

T.I. added he had been told the hymen can be torn or broken in activities other that vaginal sex, such as "bike riding, athletics, horseback riding, and just other forms of athletic physical activity." However, he appeared to brush the comments off.

"So I say, 'Look, Doc, she don't ride no horses, she don't ride no bike, she don't play no sports," he said, BuzzFeed reported. "Just check the hymen, please, and give me back my results expeditiously.'"

He also informed the podcast hosts, as well as their listeners, that "as of her 18th birthday, her hymen is still intact."

Filly, human, Only4Justice and 6 others like this.

2. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

WHAT!? This is abuse. This poor girl! I can't even believe a GYN would agree to that!

Baciagalupo, human, Cubby and 11 others like this.
  3. Medstudies

Medstudies Well-Known Member

This is just sick and so incredibly abusive.
    I. Just. Can’t.

4. sans_soleil

sans_soleil Well-Known Member

This is so horrible and abusive, certain fathers obviously think of their own daughters as their possession, i would go out on a limb and even call this perverse. This really demonstrated double standards in sexuality, it demonstrated misogyny, and it demonstrated the way patriarchy (even in the literal sense of the word) operates. Interesting to notice he also claims to own half of his wife's vagina (bizarre, possibly indicative of marital rape), and that his son, who is as far as i know younger than his daughter, talked about losing his own virginity. Women should be taught about contraception / importance of safe sex which goes beyond just preventing pregnancy, they should be educated on recognising abuse and coercion within relationship, but nobody, not our partners or our parents, should act like they own our bodies.

5. TTF14

6. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

every young woman should pick out her own doctor when she is comfortable enough to do it, this is just SO WRONG, scary wrong. I cant imagine her mind while she is examined for her father.

Baciagalupo, human, Laughing and 6 others like this.
  7. TTF14

Not to mention a pelvic exam would be so traumatic to someone who hasn't even had sex :(.

8. EvilOlivE

So, the podcast has been deleted and the podcast hosts have issued a public apology

9. EvilOlivE

'The comments that were made and the reaction that followed are not in any way a reflection of our personal views on the topic. We support and love Women and feel that their bodies are theirs to do as they wish.

'There was absolutely no ill intent towards any party involved & feel deeply awful about the entire incident,' they continued. 'We are not perfect, take full accountability of our lack of action & are continuously learning along the way. We know an apology doesn't make this go away but we welcome the discussion- that's what our podcast is about.'

Sincerely, Nazanin & Nadia

10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

11. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Jada Pinkett Smith is going to have him on her show.

human and SaguaroSpirit like this.
  12. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

He’s disgusting. I am so embarrassed for his daughter.

13. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Baciagalupo, lizzybeth, human and 5 others like this.
  14. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

T.I.'s remarks on daughter prompt N.Y. lawmakers to propose ban on 'virginity testing'

"This practice is already happening. T.I. proved this practice is already happening," Assemblywoman Michaelle C. Solages said.

Rapper T.I.'s recent disclosure that he takes his daughter to the gynecologist to ensure that her hymen is still intact has prompted some New York lawmakers to introduce legislation to ban so-called virginity testing.

T.I.'s remarks on a podcast that aired last month sparked widespread backlash, including from medical experts who noted that the hymen is not a virginity indicator. The World Health Organization has called for the elimination of "virginity testing" — also referred to as a hymen or two-finger examination — that can supposedly show whether a female has had vaginal intercourse...

Filly, Baciagalupo, Laughing and 3 others like this.
  15. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

It is incredible that this happens in the United States. It is routine in third world countries, where women are treated worse than dogs. This type of "verification" should be outlawed.

Filly, Baciagalupo, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  16. TTF14

I'd love to hear from a doctor who admits to doing it.

Filly, Baciagalupo, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  17. EvilOlivE

In Indonesia, if a woman wants to be a police officer, she has to undergo the "two finger test" to prove she's a virgin. Only virgin women are allowed to be police officers.

Women looking to work in law enforcement in Indonesia are judged on their “purity” and “beauty,” as well as undergoing an invasive “virginity test,” ABC News reports.

Under the guise of a “morality or physical examination,” these “two-finger” tests, conducted by inserting two fingers into the vagina to see if the woman’s hymen is still intact, are not recorded.

Though virginity testing is no longer officially allowed in Indonesia following international pressure, a study published this year by the Auckland University of Technology found vaginal and hymen examinations are still a key part of police recruitment. A Human Rights Watch report from 2017 revealed the horrific recruitment process aspiring policewomen must endure in the country.

Andreas Harsono from the Human Rights Watch told ABC the Indonesian police believe that society will not accept a female police officer who has an active sex life or used to be a sex worker.

Along with virginity testing, its reported candidates are recruited for their “beautiful appearance,” with a male selection committee conducting body measurements include bust size, culminating in a parade.

Additionally, Indonesian policewomen aren’t allowed to get married for their first two years of service. If they get married after that time period they required to obtain a letter of permission from their new husband.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/23/policewomen-in-indonesia-must-go-through-virginity-testing/

Filly, Baciagalupo, Laughing and 3 others like this.
  18. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

WOW just WOW

Laughing and Blondie in Spokane like this.
  19. human

human Well-Known Member

I wonder if female teachers in the US years ago who were not allowed to get married had such tests as well

20. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

This is one of the most disturbing stories I have heard about a celebrity in a long time I hope he is publicly shunned by the public now.

I can’t believe more gynaecologists didn’t speak out about this and explain that that this “test” does not prove anything. There are a number of reasons why this part of a woman’s anatomy is not intact which have nothing to do with whether they have had physical relations or not.

Filly, Baciagalupo, Steft50 and 4 others like this.