Found Deceased Raymond Mcgavin, 19, District Of Columbia, 17 June 2018

MKZoo

Reaction score
Missing Teen Last Seen Leaving U2 Concert in DC, Family Says

1C47CB14-012A-4405-BBD9-29CF1DB09BFF.jpeg

A family in Northern Virginia is desperately searching for their 19-year-old son who disappeared after attending a concert in Washington, D.C.

Raymond McGavin of Springfield, Virginia, was last seen Sunday leaving the U2 Concert at Capital One Arena. His family says he went to catch the Metro, but missed the last train to Springfield.

He texted a friend at 11:32 p.m. to say he had "found a way home." No one has heard from him since.

His family says he posted a video of himself walking along train tracks on Snapchat about 1 a.m. Monday, but he didn't say where he was.

There has been no activity on his phone or bank accounts.

McGavin is 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing gray shirt, dark gray jeans and brown dress shoes.

McGavin graduated from ihgh school from Gonzaga College High School last year and will be attending the College of William & Mary in the fall.

News4 has reached out to the Franconia Police Department for additional information, but has not yet heard back.

Anyone with information is asked to call 703-922-0889.

I don’t know this young man but I was also at the concert.

For those not local, the Metro here shuts down at 11 pm on Sunday. U2 didn’t start playing until about 8:40. So if you wanted to make the last train, you basically had to skip the encore. I was on the last train to leave the station for my line and direction. It departed the station at 10:56 or 10:57.

I’d wager a guess that almost everyone missed the last trains. If not regular riders, people could have assumed closure was 11:30 as it is during the week or 1 am as it is on Friday and Saturday. Capitol One Arena had a few signs up to remind people of the closing time but they were very easy to miss.

Aimee Cho on Twitter

Tweet from a local reporter - says his mother is saying he may have been in Beltsville, MD. That is the exact opposite direction from his home in Springfield VA. Absolute other side of the Beltway.

If he was in Beltsville, I wonder if he has friends who go to University of Maryland and was trying to get to their place (most students there live off-campus). The reference to train tracks makes me think he might've been near the Greenbelt Metro station.

If he was in Beltsville, I wonder if he has friends who go to University of Maryland and was trying to get to their place (most students there live off-campus). The reference to train tracks makes me think he might've been near the Greenbelt Metro station.

Really good thought on UMD. I would bet he has friends there.

If he wound up there it would have been via Uber/ car He missed the train. Maybe a friend was to pick him up ? I don’t know.

Was he alone at the concert? Often teens go in groups or with a buddy. I find it a bit unusual that he was alone walking at the tracks.

That is unclear. It has not been stated in any articles. I doubt it. I was surmising that he was there with friends from Gonzaga. Since it’s a school that draws from the whole metro area, maybe they all met at COA and then went home separately. It’s what I did. My friend lives in VA. I live in MD. We first met and then later split up at the station.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back