Re: Change of Demeanor of DT, State & ICA before Trial

I watched this as it happened and again just right now and its so obvious. She was so upset that her mom did not listen to her instructions of bringing her lawyer clothes to wear. Shes probably saying stuff to her other lawyers like, she probably buys herself new outfits for each hearing. How dare she after I tossed her a bone last week. I think at the end of the interaction between jb and ca she had an almost i dont care kind of attitude. JB kinda looks like he feels bad being forced to address ca about this.

It doesnt matter what she wears, what colours or how she does her hair.

Lack of emotion will way heavy with the jury.

She appears bored, uninterested and it appears to me like she is watching this happen to someone else. It appears it is one big game to her. She is so detached. These are not the actions of a grieving mother, whos only child has been taken and murdered by someone and she has been wrongly accused accused of the murder.

Regardless of how she tries to act, she is who she is and I think comes across crystal clear. She acts like she doesnt have a care in the world, is bored out of her mind and will walk out of there soon enough without having to face the consequenses of her actions, because that doesnt just happen to her. That is what she probably exactly what she is thinking too.

I'm sure if all of us can see this, the jury will be able to also. Lets all hope.

I'm thinking that if JB had some sort of magic charming courtroom decorum personality to utilize we would have seen it years before now. With him I am more than certain that what we see is what we get. He is purely a one trick pony. And he is still reading the manuals to figure out that one trick.

From my perspective, I don't think ICA's whole way of how she is being put together could be worse. Not saying I liked the tight bright sweaters, but at least she was relatively neat looking.

She is small and in the big plaid shirt, to me she looked disheveled and just plain messy. I understand making her look young and like a college kid, but she looked like she just came off a night of beer bong or something.

ICA is looking more tense, shadows under her eyes, etc. For me her best look would be a simple suit and jacket with a shell underneath with some kind of understated color. And cut the hair. Even shoulder length would be better - that very long hair looks like she is the crazed auntie that has been shut in the attic for a while. Even cleaning her up isn't going to help, because those cold staring eyes, the "looks" she gives people, the inattention to Caylee details that make the rest of us flinch and tear up, the inappropriate smiles and laughing - there is no "saving" her.

CA must have been talking/listening/reading someone. Every time I saw her she is much more somber,stony faced, head down, and yesterday was finally wearing black. It's about time she looked like she wasn't out for Sunday brunch or something.

Whatever she wears , she needs to project the image of a young mother... a good and responsible young mother whose dear and precious child was kidnapped and killed by a horrible monster. If she wears a suit and trys to look like she's part of the defense team, I don't think the jury will see her as caring and soft and tender. She has a lot to overcome with the indifferent attitude which we've seen so far. And cold, expressionless eyes. She will need to seperate herself from the professionals defending her and look feminine and soft. And her clothes need to fit better. Not too tight, as we have seen, or not too big as if she's wearing someone else's jacket, as we have also seen. Unless by dressing her in clothes which are too large, they are emphasizing that she is a small and helpless child herself the victim of a "yet to be located" evil nanny.

I had asked AZ a question about this a while ago and here is how she responded:

(see third answer down)

Thanks again AZ!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6289583&postcount=1081"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal Questions for Our VERIFIED Lawyers #2[/ame]

Helllllllo defense attorney team, here to get tips and ideas!

Listen, Dr. Glass has it wrong (she opines that everyone involved KC, Geo, CA, Lee etc) should wear pure black suits. I understand her thinking, because she, like we, think this is a family who SHOULD feel the weight of the world on their shoulders..but this all black notion is not quite right.

The best look for KC (and others for that matter) is what could be described as the Olive Garden waitstaff look. Crisp white (or subtle pinstripes) with black pants. KC wears that well and looked best during the check fraud plea. Long sleeves. Very light jacket or tailored vest in super dark color would also work. All of it needs to be crisp and pressed. Find all these things at Nordstroms business dept. The iron free blouses are called Foxcroft. Get a personal shopper to help you, CA. Don't rely on your taste (which is not good!) Tell the shopper you need plain tailored clothing. Think Amish lawyer!

From my perspective, I don't think ICA's whole way of how she is being put together could be worse. Not saying I liked the tight bright sweaters, but at least she was relatively neat looking.

She is small and in the big plaid shirt, to me she looked disheveled and just plain messy. I understand making her look young and like a college kid, but she looked like she just came off a night of beer bong or something.

ICA is looking more tense, shadows under her eyes, etc. For me her best look would be a simple suit and jacket with a shell underneath with some kind of understated color. And cut the hair. Even shoulder length would be better - that very long hair looks like she is the crazed auntie that has been shut in the attic for a while. Even cleaning her up isn't going to help, because those cold staring eyes, the "looks" she gives people, the inattention to Caylee details that make the rest of us flinch and tear up, the inappropriate smiles and laughing - there is no "saving" her.

CA must have been talking/listening/reading someone. Every time I saw her she is much more somber,stony faced, head down, and yesterday was finally wearing black. It's about time she looked like she wasn't out for Sunday brunch or something.

Sigh, I need to correct this sentence - to say - every time I saw her yesterday, she is somber...etc.

Didn't see any of the exaggerated faces so maybe she has finally gotten the message - this is not about you CA and no one wants a blow by blow minute update of what you think. If you can't keep quiet you are outa there!

It's going to be interesting to see what changes one Miss Casey Anthony is going to endure for her role of a lifetime. She is going to have to really dedicate herself to this character... "A young mother, wrongly accused of murdering her beautiful daughter, stands trial in the insidious city of childhood dreams."

Actors... great actors I should say... fully dedicate themselves to their character. From the look (hair, clothes, make-up), to the speech (don't think Casey will testify?), to their body language and facial expressions and finally to their state of mind. I watched a documentary on how the movie "Gone with the Wind" was made and it was fascinating. The director had all the womens petty coats made in pure lace and when one of the actresses had complained about the cost of having to wear such expensive material and how they could cut costs immensely by using a cheaper material and that the audience would not know... the director quipped back and said... "but you would. You are the daughter of a wealthy plantation owner." I was truely inspired at how each actor embodied their character.

It shows how important it is to fully lose yourself in your character. Casey and her defense are too lazy to fully dedicate themselves to what they are going to have to present to a jury. Casey should have been using these hearings to practice getting into her role... almost like a dress rehearsal... but she didn't. She has exactly one month to prepare herself for this role and I am not saying that it can not be done (great actors can), but Casey is not a great actress.

Yes they can cut her hair and put her into nice clothes but that does not make a full character. Actors like Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, Angelina Jolie are great examples of actors who dedicate themselves entirely to their characters. They are rewarded for their dedication by fans who will show up time and time again to see them in their films. Actors like Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez and (don't hate me) Jennifer Anniston, are not rewarded because they never fully embrace their characters and fall flat... no one will spend the money to go see their films because they are boring! They are beautiful women... dress nice... but that doesn't draw the audience in. It is the performance!

Yes they can dress Casey up and do something with her hair, but she can not play the role of innocent mother. She enjoys the fact that she murdered Caylee too much. She loves the fact that she holds all the answers and that she can torture her parents with the one slice of truth that alludes them. She likes to play the role of the femme fatale... the seductive and deadly woman that can get away with anything. She finds herself more powerful in that role and probably scoffs at having to play the role of a desperate and remorseful mother because the femme fatale is more alluring... captivating... dangerous... even stronger than that of a little pitiful woman mourning the death of her daughter.

Casey is in trouble... they waited too long to try and get her into character... a character that I do not believe she had any intentions of playing.

I think JB gave Cindy the instructions yesterday about a more professional look for ICA. ICA was having an animated talk to JB and then he went back to CA. He tapped the nicely dressed lady from CM's office on the shoulder with that dam* clicking pen and she turned fully around towards CA.

CA pointed towards her own arm from wrist to just above the elbow and I think I saw her say 'white stripes' and 'two pants'. That's just my quess at what was going on and JB didn't look to thrilled about doing it. CA looked a bit embarrassed when he left and craned her head to see ICA.

The whole thing happened before HHJP started the afternoon session on April 6. YouTube - S0meRand0mName's Channel

Wow - this video - just wow...... if ICA was this animated and wound up about her clothes, how will they get her to keep a straight face when her parents and others are testifying about the smell of the trunk, the ME is showing photos of her daughter's body reduced to bones, the forensics are superimposing Caylee's body on the trunk stain, etc.? Oh, nevermind- that will be about Caylee, so no big deal, but CLOTHES! ICA has to look good for her public.....jmo:banghead:

Her hairdo is the main thing she needs to work on. The looooong hair needs to go. It was very sloppy today. She really should dispense with the pole dancer look and go with a short, neat bob or wear her hair up in a neat bun. Simple clothing that fits is the best bet if she wants the paralegal look.

Regardless of her outfit, I think the jury is going to watch her facial expressions. She is not going to like hearing all the negative testimony about her, and it will show. I am very curious as to the behavior of the entire Anthony clan in the courtroom when the trial starts.

I agree about the hair. Professional shorter cut and a suit. They need to hire a professional consultant for her appearance and her demeanor. It's common for Defense attorneys to be arrogant towards LE and SA's so I don't think that will influence the jury as much as Casey's demeanor. The media claimed the jury loved Mark Geragos and pegged him as being very charismatic but it didn't save his client. I do see JB as a problem. The jury will not like or respect him. Casey needs Michael Jacksons lawyer, Tom M? for a fighting chance. He's a people person, didn't attack on a personal level. Very likeable and professional imo. Of course I think he would have ended this with a plea a long time ago. Robert Blake fired him.

It's going to be interesting to see what changes one Miss Casey Anthony is going to endure for her role of a lifetime. She is going to have to really dedicate herself to this character... "A young mother, wrongly accused of murdering her beautiful daughter, stands trial in the insidious city of childhood dreams."

Actors... great actors I should say... fully dedicate themselves to their character. From the look (hair, clothes, make-up), to the speech (don't think Casey will testify?), to their body language and facial expressions and finally to their state of mind. I watched a documentary on how the movie "Gone with the Wind" was made and it was fascinating. The director had all the womens petty coats made in pure lace and when one of the actresses had complained about the cost of having to wear such expensive material and how they could cut costs immensely by using a cheaper material and that the audience would not know... the director quipped back and said... "but you would. You are the daughter of a wealthy plantation owner." I was truely inspired at how each actor embodied their character.

It shows how important it is to fully lose yourself in your character. Casey and her defense are too lazy to fully dedicate themselves to what they are going to have to present to a jury. Casey should have been using these hearings to practice getting into her role... almost like a dress rehearsal... but she didn't. She has exactly one month to prepare herself for this role and I am not saying that it can not be done (great actors can), but Casey is not a great actress.

Yes they can cut her hair and put her into nice clothes but that does not make a full character. Actors like Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, Angelina Jolie are great examples of actors who dedicate themselves entirely to their characters. They are rewarded for their dedication by fans who will show up time and time again to see them in their films. Actors like Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez and (don't hate me) Jennifer Anniston, are not rewarded because they never fully embrace their characters and fall flat... no one will spend the money to go see their films because they are boring! They are beautiful women... dress nice... but that doesn't draw the audience in. It is the performance!

Yes they can dress Casey up and do something with her hair, but she can not play the role of innocent mother. She enjoys the fact that she murdered Caylee too much. She loves the fact that she holds all the answers and that she can torture her parents with the one slice of truth that alludes them. She likes to play the role of the femme fatale... the seductive and deadly woman that can get away with anything. She finds herself more powerful in that role and probably scoffs at having to play the role of a desperate and remorseful mother because the femme fatale is more alluring... captivating... dangerous... even stronger than that of a little pitiful woman mourning the death of her daughter.

Casey is in trouble... they waited too long to try and get her into character... a character that I do not believe she had any intentions of playing.

Just Wow LolaMoon08! Brilliant analogy!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

at one point casey showed her shoes or socks and attys laughed . it was something she showed under the table. when i saw her white socks and black shoes i thought oh boy- she must feel like a real nerd. you could see in court room all were laughing. she probably said my mom is trying to humiliate me on camera!!! she spoke with jose and then he runs to cindy . i do not think making casey look sophisticated, sexy will help her. the new image of a waif - young teen will make her old image seem like a different girl. if defense goes back to her old look they will make juror see her as she was 2 years ago. dress her in a no clothes flag- no way-lol

Jose knows he's irritating the heck out of everyone with the pen clicks, eye rolls, smirks, challenging the judge, and sarcasm. He won't do that in front of the jury.

Cheney won't be acting deaf, snarling, or making vulgar gestures.

ICA will get a new wardrobe, a new personality, and probably a new box of crayons.

All MOO...

I would bet she also gets a new Haircut and some makeup

I think JB gave Cindy the instructions yesterday about a more professional look for ICA. ICA was having an animated talk to JB and then he went back to CA. He tapped the nicely dressed lady from CM's office on the shoulder with that dam* clicking pen and she turned fully around towards CA.

CA pointed towards her own arm from wrist to just above the elbow and I think I saw her say 'white stripes' and 'two pants'. That's just my quess at what was going on and JB didn't look to thrilled about doing it. CA looked a bit embarrassed when he left and craned her head to see ICA.

The whole thing happened before HHJP started the afternoon session on April 6. YouTube - S0meRand0mName's Channel

It's a bad idea to have Cindy selecting the inmate's clothing. Casey has been stuck wearing whatever Cindy wants her to wear...tacky, ill-fitting, cheap and matronly. If left to Cindy, Casey's look will not improve for the trial. JB should invest in a personal shopper at one of the better department stores. Casey is a lousy actress but they could at least put a little more effort into dressing her for her part. They can't leave it up to Cindy.

It's a bad idea to have Cindy selecting the inmate's clothing. Casey has been stuck wearing whatever Cindy wants her to wear...tacky, ill-fitting, cheap and matronly. If left to Cindy, Casey's look will not improve for the trial. JB should invest in a personal shopper at one of the better department stores. Casey is a lousy actress but they could at least put a little more effort into dressing her for her part. They can't leave it up to Cindy.

I have often wondered if Casey notices Cindy wearing practically a new outfit every day that she is in that courtroom. They are much nicer than the clothes she picks out for Casey. Sometimes they are even more age appropriate for Casey. Casey must be livid! :floorlaugh:

I agree 100% that Cindy should not be doing the shopping for Casey. She should give Linda Drane Burdick (I kid, I kid)... Michelle Medina anywhere from $500.00-$1,000.00 to go and get Casey appropriate clothing. I would say to get her three pencil skirts (black, gray, beige) and three pairs of slacks (black, gray, beige). Then get a variety of blouses that can be mixed up with the skirts and slacks. Three pairs of decent shoes (no stripper boots)... some pantyhose (not fishnet Casey!) and if it is allowed... a nice pair of earrings (no hooker hoops).

The need to get rid of the sweaters (purple turtleneck and red plunging neckline). Her breasts do not need to be center stage. I actually didn't mind the plaid shirt but they need to get her one that doesn't look like she got it from Larry the Cable Guy! It was entirely too big for her... it looked like she woke up at her boyfriends house and put on his shirt to sleep in. Not the imagine you want to give!

???

]It doesnt matter what she wears, what colours or how she does her hair.[/B]

Lack of emotion will way heavy with the jury.

She appears bored, uninterested and it appears to me like she is watching this happen to someone else. It appears it is one big game to her. She is so detached. These are not the actions of a grieving mother, who's only child has been taken and murdered by someone and she has been wrongly accused accused of the murder.

Regardless of how she tries to act, she is who she is and I think comes across crystal clear. She acts like she doesnt have a care in the world, is bored out of her mind and will walk out of there soon enough without having to face the consequenses of her actions, because that doesnt just happen to her. That is what she probably exactly what she is thinking too.

I'm sure if all of us can see this, the jury will be able to also. Lets all hope.

RespectfullyQuoted sindydee :)
BBM

I agree. I get that the defense thinks they are starting with a fresh slate when it comes to the jury, they will only see the image before them and not be jaded like the 'bloggers and media." But if the jury is anything like me, I felt Casey was guilty instantly. I don't wish for a jury to make a snap decision, even though I thought that about Casey-I call that my intuition and then I go about backing that up with facts. Which I have done and I find that my initial intuition was correct. :snooty: IMHO

Has there ever been a case where a young beautiful mother was wrongly convicted of killing her baby? I am asking. This paradigm the defense is seemingly depending on, of a jury who will nod their heads in agreement that we have another case of "the powers that be" going after innocent middle class white girls who's daughters get kidnapped-is not one I have in my world view or experience.

The folks who make up Casey's team have their reasons for why they so vigorously defend ICA, being their jobs to do so is one of them. But, they were not assigned this task but took it of their own volition: insert threads and threads of reasons why that is for each player. In their zeal to convince so many others of their point of view, their reality, they fail to realize that the majority of people imho do not share their points of view. And neither will the jury, if it is made up of "regular" people.

IMHO, when you see Casey-when the jury sees ICA, no matter what her manner of dress or how she gets her hair "did"-the very fact of her existence in that court room accused of what she is lets you know something is very wrong with her. I can't help but speak from my own small experience of the world, and that is why my words are only my opinion-but most people see themselves as having much difficulty in life-more than they will see in ICA and will need to hear extreme evidence that she did not kill Caylee to see Casey as innocent.

In my world view there is the archetype of the black widow, the manipulative medusa. When have we ever put the beautiful, young, mother to death? If I am corrected on this I will be very surprised. I think of Aileen Wuornos when I think of the "type" of woman who is convicted and put to death. I am certainly showing my ignorance here of many subjects related to juries, courts, etc.

The defense wants to claim that Casey is the "classic" wrongly accused. I don't see that, and I do not see how a jury will. They want to craft an image into that of the innocent, when everything about Casey, imho says "if she wasn't a least a little guilty she wouldn't be here." If I was innocent but in jail, there would be a non stop writing campaign to get someone to listen to my side of things but not before I knew I had people on the outside that were still looking for my child.

Nothing Casey does in person meshes with someone who is innocent and has been accused of killing her daughter. Only a sociopath would believe a person would act as she does. They can offer all the 'evidence' they want that Casey was a loving mother but reality(itself) dictates there are expected emotions for the child, which to date Ms. Anthony has shown no evidence of, quite the contrary. The prosecution has witnesses who will be testifying to that fact and each one of those folks come across exactly as they should, as people telling the truth.

If there was a quote I would choose for this case it would be "she's just not showing any emotion and Casey lies." The argument "just because you are a liar and a thief does not make you a murderer" only works in a vacuum. It plays on our understanding that we have all done things wrong, this is true but not many of us have then been accused of murder.

I believe and have faith in people's intuition and their hinky meters. Next I am going to read the threads pertaining to jury selection so I can have an idea of this process. I can give my opinion all day long about what I would think as a juror, but truly some people's thought processes are "alien" to mine. I should say it is more true that it is my thought processes, that are alien. :alien:

In my opinion of what I have seen from the defense in the court room, they are presenting a movie that has too many plot holes.

:twocents:

I don't care what changes they try to implement at trial. The real KC will still shine through those black, blank eyes, CM will still look confused when he isn't nodding off, and JB will lose his temper and get flustered and open doors to areas he shouldn't. I just hope that HHJP doesn't hold his widdle hand and help him out the whole time. Let him do it on his own. They won't be fooling anyone. The real you always shines through. moo

RespectfullyQuoted LolaMoon :cool2:
BBM

I wrote my post before I read yours. :slap: I saw the post I quoted and posted before I had read the whole thread(as I often do :tsktsk: ) and I thank you for your post. ITA

Femme fatale is the perfect phrase for what I was trying to get across with my "archetype" speak. The defense wants Casey to be seen as the "innocent mother wrongly accused" when there is no such character in the annals of collective consciousness. And as you point out, it is not a role she wishes/or is capable to play, regardless.

There is however, the femme fatale. "The bit(h", I am speaking in an archetypical manner, that word is not meant in this context as an insult directed at ICA or a curse word. Along with the archetype of the "femme fatale/bit(h/kali" is the idea "she" is capable of killing, especially her children. Kali is the devouring mother, she wears the skulls of those she has killed as a belt around her waist and blood drips from her mouth. Bloody Mary, Lilith, succubus: these are things the defense team has accused the public of seeing Casey as, when nothing could be further from the truth. They are aware of it but they must believe they can seat a jury who will believe the illusion they will attempt to create. :hypno: There is only one archetype for the innocent woman: the virgin Mary and she does not lie or steal. (Still speaking in terms of the human unconscious mind)

Again, all my speculation is based on the idea that most people do think on the same archetypical foundation(excluding what during this time in history is called "sociopathic/psychopathic" minds) as I-but admittedly that is a really, really flawed argument.

Archetypes are not truth, they are a tool used to describe basic foundations in the psyches of human beings. Jeff Ashton said the defense is attempting to rewrite history, I agree and take it a step further to say the defense is attempting to rewrite the human unconscious. :eek:

:twocents: :cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back