Read here first

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by JBean, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

Welcome to the Kyron Horman forum.

We will no longer have general discussion threads. This means that each thread in this forum should be topic specific and it is important to stay on topic. It can be confusing at first when we transition from one threads to many, but you will find it is the very best way to store and retrieve information.

Often topics overlap, so do your best to post your ideas in the most appropriate thread. Be sure to search before starting new threads to make sure there is not an existing thread on a topic that interests you. Additionally, think before you post and see if your topic fits into another topic.
    Do not start a thread to ask a simple question! I will start a Q&A thread and that is what it is for.

For now, we will not be allowing any rumors from locals or from any source on the web; this includes FB and blogs. Time outs will be given to those that insist on posting rumored infomration. We are going to stick to main stream media for the time being. if you are aware of a blog that is considered msm and provides consistently accurate information, submit it to Kimster who is the lead moderator in this forum. if she is ok with it,you can link it.

As those of you that have been following this case know, it is a very passionate case. Statistically, the family or people closest to the victim are often the perpetrators of the crime. But, we also follow the lead of LE and the MSM and we are a victim friendly forum. Thye have not indicated that the family is suspected at this time.

What this means is that accusing the family of any potential crime at this time is not going to be allowed. Moreover, you cannot sleuth them out in any way by perusing and posting their FB, employment,relatives, public information or any other posting of personal information.

If the information changes the rules will change with them.

You can however, discuss their statements, behaviors, your general opinions about their actions ,activities and so on.

We know that many of you are suspicious of family members and your opinions are respected. But we respect the privacy and pain that this family is enduring right now first and foremost and that is where our priorities lie.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND FAMILIARIZING YOURSELVES WITH THE WEBSLEUTHS RULES AS WELL AS THE RULES SPECIFIC TO THIS FORUM.
    Please join the discussion and help to find Kyron!

2. Loading...

3. JBean

bumpity bump bump

4. AlmostGone

AlmostGone New Member

Thank you, and everyone else that keeps the site running so nice! I think this forum for kyron will be so nice for us all.

5. ElizaAvalon

ElizaAvalon FBI Agent in the next life

Wow! This has to be the shortest length of time from the beginning of the case to forum creation that I can remember! Thank you!

6. JBean

It takes one moderator to step up and say they will do the hard work, and it is a LOT of hard work.
    Kimster and beane both volunteered and voila

7. Calliope

Calliope Former Member

Is this a private or publicly-viewable forum ?

(sorry! question!)

8. ElizaAvalon

ElizaAvalon FBI Agent in the next life

Thank you to Kimster and BeanE and you too, JBean, of course!

9. JBean

public

10. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Thank you JBean and Kimster and everybody :)

11. Dee10

Dee10 New Member

I think this a wonderful thing & hope it save your valuable time & aggravation; because people can move on if they don't like the topic. Works for me on the Haleigh site...which I love btw.

12. CCup

CCup New Member

Thanks!!!!

13. arielilane

arielilane Justice for Morgan

Thank you, mods. It's greatly appreicated. I wish we didn't need a forum for sweet Kyron.
    Come home, Kyron!

14. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Thank you so much to everyone moving the news articles into all the new threads! It really helps to have them for reference right at the beginning of the threads.

BeanE

15. scandi

scandi New Member

LOL They are quick and on it as I soon discovered ! Thanks to Everyone.

16. 4BB

4BB New Member

Thank You :)

17. ci2i

ci2i For Ethan

Thank you

18. JBean

Oh shoot. I may have forgotten to tell Kimster that she volunteered :floorlaugh:

19. Emma Peel

Emma Peel Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & bew

Oh goodie! More places to lose my posts!
    :woohoo:

20. Emma Peel

Emma Peel Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & bew

lolol Can I tell her? Pretty please? !!!

21. cluciano63

cluciano63 Active Member

I know lots of people prefer the forum, rather than threads, but I'm not one of them, though I appreciate the work in setting it up.

But now there is no real-time discussion feeling that was going on before...I find it disorienting to seek a dozen or more places to see if anyone has anything new or interesting to report :( But that's just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.