Real Housewives SLC, Jen Shah, pleads guilty to fraud

mickey2942

Reaction score

She pled "guilty" to federal charges of fraud for running a telemarketing scheme, taking money from elderly people.

The "real" crime goes deeper than the fraud of the elderly victims. The telemarketing business is a scam, and they often hire people who can't get jobs anywhere else, ex-cons, people who are supposed to be working legitimate jobs to help with their rehabilitation.

The job is easy, and lucrative. The more you scam people, the more money you make. It keeps people in the entire "criminal thinking" mentality. Easy work, easy money, just take advantage of the gullible.

My personal opinion, is that Jen Shah victimized her employees as well, to participate in her criminal enterprise.

Where does the "Real Housewives" franchise find their talent? Their line-up seems rife with criminals.

She pled "guilty" to federal charges of fraud for running a telemarketing scheme, taking money from elderly people.

The "real" crime goes deeper than the fraud of the elderly victims. The telemarketing business is a scam, and they often hire people who can't get jobs anywhere else, ex-cons, people who are supposed to be working legitimate jobs to help with their rehabilitation.

The job is easy, and lucrative. The more you scam people, the more money you make. It keeps people in the entire "criminal thinking" mentality. Easy work, easy money, just take advantage of the gullible.

My personal opinion, is that Jen Shah victimized her employees as well, to participate in her criminal enterprise.

Where does the "Real Housewives" franchise find their talent? Their line-up seems rife with criminals.

Let's hope they remove the self-admitted felon from their programming

She shouldn't be able to profit any more for her crimes

Live blog of the sentencing hearing, which begins in just under half an hour.

What you need to know about the sentencing of “Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” cast member Jen Shah​

• What did Shah do? In July, she pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud for allegedly running a telemarketing scheme that defrauded elderly people out of thousands of dollars.
  • When will she be sentenced? She’s set to appear before U.S. District Court Judge Sidney Stein at 10 a.m. Friday to learn her fate. The government has requested 10 years in prison while Shah’s lawyers are seeking a three-year term.
  • Since "The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City" debuted in 2020, Shah has flaunted her wealth on the show by throwing lavish parties and buying expensive clothes.
  • It's been a "Shah-mazing" ride: Following her March 2021 arrest, Shah insisted that she’s innocent and used as her tagline to Season 2: “The only thing I’m guilty of is being Shah-mazing.” Federal authorities used that line against Shah in sentencing papers, claiming it showed that she is mocking the system.

Last edited:
Shah was "committing crimes day in and day out", prosecutor says

Prosecutor Robert Sobelman reminded the court that Shah was in charge of a telemarketing scheme that targeted some of the nation's most vulnerable people.

"She ran her own floor and trained and hired people here in Manhattan for years," Sobelman said. "She was here in New York half a year telling people how to do this."

Shah was "committing crimes day in and day out" and making money off people who had little to give, according to the government.

"Shah worked hard to make as much money for herself at the expense of vulnerable people," Sobelman said. "Every cooperating witness said the person with the most power was Jen Shah."

(...)

Defense: "We are here for the people who have suffered"

"We are here for one reason: the innocent people who have suffered," defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry told the court.

"We know hundreds more have lost so much, their confidence, the security of their savings, they lost sleep and their dreams … so many of these people had very little to begin with and now they struggle even more."

Chaudhry said Shah won't forget what kind of damage she's caused. "The (victims) worked hard and tried their best and their lives are forever mangled now," the attorney said. "For the rest of Ms. Shah’s life, she will remember their names."

(...)

Probation report recommends six-year sentence

A probation report urged Stein to sentence Shah to 72 months in prison — almost halfway between the government's recommendation of 10 years and the defense request for 36 months.

Before asking both sides to present their case, Stein said he wanted to make sure everyone knows that Jen Shah is a real person and not a reality show figure.

"People should not confuse the character she played on an entertainment show with the person I have before me," he said. "The other is acting and this is reality."

Last edited:

Jen Shah sentencing live updates: 'Real Housewives' star gets 6.5 years in prison for wire fraud​

Shah has six weeks of freedom before she must report to prison

Shah was ordered to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons on Feb. 17.

She asked to be sent to a lockup in Texas, but the bureau will need to evaluate her security classification before she's told where to report.

(...)

Shah sentenced to 78 months

Jen Shah was sentenced to 78 months in prison Friday in federal court in New York City.

She'll be subject to five years of supervised release once she gets out.

Shah stood and faced the judge as her prison term was announced and showed no visible reaction.

Last edited:
I watch this show, but can't stand Jen Shah, even before this happened. I fast forward through her segments. Hope they remove her for good.

Curious- does any of this effect Coach Shah's career? He didn't know anything about what she was doing?

I watch this show, but can't stand Jen Shah, even before this happened. I fast forward through her segments. Hope they remove her for good.

Curious- does any of this effect Coach Shah's career? He didn't know anything about what she was doing?
He says he didn't know and it is unlikely he was directly involved in the scheme or charges would have been brought against him too. But he is a lawyer by training. There are text messages in the court documents in which JS mentions at one time he was giving her and her associates informal legal advice as to how to answer questions in the legal proceedings, but we don't know how much if any of the scheme she disclosed to him.

He could have been completely in the dark if she lied to him the whole time. Or perhaps he should have known better that her 'business' was unsavoury if not criminal, given his background as an attorney. Ultimately we can't know precisely what he knew. He could be another victim of hers in a way. It may harm his reputation by association but it shouldn't affect his current job.

He says he didn't know and it is unlikely he was directly involved in the scheme or charges would have been brought against him too. But he is a lawyer by training. There are text messages in the court documents in which JS mentions at one time he was giving her and her associates informal legal advice as to how to answer questions in the legal proceedings, but we don't know how much if any of the scheme she disclosed to him.

He could have been completely in the dark if she lied to him the whole time. Or perhaps he should have known better that her 'business' was unsavoury if not criminal, given his background as an attorney. Ultimately we can't know precisely what he knew. He could be another victim of hers in a way. It may harm his reputation by association but it shouldn't affect his current job.
Thanks! He seems to be a genuine person, though I find it hard to believe he knew nothing. I read his annual income is $500k/year. That's $41k/mo, not a bad income. Why wasn't that enough?

Thanks! He seems to be a genuine person, though I find it hard to believe he knew nothing. I read his annual income is $500k/year. That's $41k/mo, not a bad income. Why wasn't that enough?
Greed I can only assume. They had a comfortable living from his career as an attorney and then a coach, plus her own career during the time it was presumably legitimate. Her crimes date from 2012. I don't know what he was earning back then but I imagine it would have been sufficient for their family to live well. There is no excuse for what she did. She just wanted a ridiculously affluent life. I feel sorry for their children. Her teenage son was marched out at gunpoint in the raid on their house. I can't imagine how hard this has been on their kids.

I sort of "hate" that prisons are different. Jen Shah is a criminal. She doesn't merit a "special" prison. No doubt this prison is full of psychopath narcissists who all feel like they are too wonderful for prison, and they did nothing wrong.

Working there must be a severe trial. I worked at a court ordered substance abuse treatment center, and the "clients" there acted like I was their housekeeper.

She doesn't sound repentant to me. Sounds entitled. No surprise. And all about "her". She said how terrible she felt talking to her son, about leaving him for her prison term. Nothing about him, losing a mother to prison.

Her attorney statement was written and submitted and acknowledges her guilty plea for scamming senior citizens. Too bad Jen doesn't seem sorry. All about her. No surprise. Rehabilitation isn't going to happen here.

Doesn’t sound likes she really has a clue about who she hurt. Or why. Everything in this is trite and self serving. Fives years of prison won't change her a bit.

I don't think the RH franchise will ever take her back, at least I hope not. So the media just needs to let it die, no more interviews!!

Sharrieff seems like a decent guy, why he didn't seize the opportunity to divorce her is beyond me. Shared secrets perhaps?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back