Reasons why you think it could be suicide

Discussion in 'Rebecca Zahau Nalepa' started by CDS22, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

What exactly do you base it on? We've not heard from anyone that JS was planning to break up with RN prior to Max's accident. In fact both of them had their divorces finalized. She quit her job to she could spend full time with JS.

2. thinkingstraight

thinkingstraight Inactive

I didnt really mean to put it on record. And what record anyway? What I'm saying is that there seems to be a double standard on opinions. iMO

3. thinkingstraight

thinkingstraight Inactive

We know even from RN's sister that there were real problems between her and the children. If that doesn't strain a relationship and can lead to a possible breakup, I don't know what can. Again, these are opinions and they can be based on whatever one feels like. That's why they're called opinions. They should not feel so threatening to others.

4. CDS22

CDS22 New Member

I think she was less than sincere about why she quit her job. She obviously couldn't be taking care of JS's children full time because the children had mothers. I think she was more serious about the relationship than he was, and I think that she was frustrated that after 2 years, they weren't engaged. JMO

5. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Well poor JS might just have remain single for the end of his life then. I don't think it's easy for a man with a couple of ex-wives to get a girlfriend that his ex-wives are going to like. Especially considering their own marriages to him didn't appear to be all that peachy.

6. CDS22

CDS22 New Member

His first ex-wife and DS, as well as DS and his children from his first marriage seem to get on well. Step families can work. With RZ, however, no one seemed to like her.

7. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Again, how do you know that? While we have heard from several sources that DS wasn't too crazy about RN, we haven't heard anything about first Mrs. S and how she felt about RN. We also haven't heard anything on how first Mrs. S and second Mrs. S got along or were getting along while JS was married to DS.

8. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

Rebecca's family has stated that Rebecca and JS were not planning on getting married at the time of her death.

9. CDS22

CDS22 New Member

I'll decline from saying why I think this, but will specify that it's only my opinion. If you have evidence to suggest otherwise, please post it.

10. rosemary

rosemary New Member

her main frustration, according to Rebecca's sister, was the way Jonah's teenage kids were treating her. And of course, Dina's attitude towards her didn't help. But I think that if Jonah wasn't serious at all about their relationship, he wouldn't have asked her to move in with him, nor would he entrusted her to look after his children whenever they came over, and he certainly wouldn't have taken her to any of his family's important events like his son's bar mitzvah. Plus, Rebecca had even considered taking a break from the relationship earlier in the year according to her sister, so how does that show that she was more serious about the relationship than he was?

11. rosemary

rosemary New Member

How do you know that no one liked her? Her problems with Jonah's teenage kids are understandable, kids at that age can be difficult to get along with even to their own parents. But from all other accounts, Rebecca apparently didn't have any problems getting along with most everyone she met. And I don't think Jonah really cared either whether Dina liked Rebecca or not, after all, he seemed to have had an acrimonious past relationship with her. This is further evidenced when he ignored Dina's requests to not allow Rebecca to have any involvement with Max or to attend family functions. Even if no one else in the family liked Rebecca, Jonah obviously did or he would have ended or distanced himself from the relationship long before Max had his accident.

12. rosemary

rosemary New Member

but why in the world would Rebecca refer to herself in third person? And if the family had decided not to inform her about anything till arrangements had finally been made, why did Nina text Rebecca about wanting to talk to her prior to Jonah's call? Plus, why didn't Rebecca at least call back or text Jonah if she was furious that they didn't give her any credit for saving Max?

13. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

Wow, that was harsh.

Great points Rosemary. Especially the one concerning Nina's text message.

14. CDS22

CDS22 New Member

In regards to the suicide letter: When I was a kid, I read a book that contained suicide notes. It shook me up so badly I never finished the book. The one I remember the most was something to the effect of "Oh Mary, I'm just so tired". Anyway, some of the notes included in the book just didn't make sense, and the author noted that suicidal people often don't make sense in their last moments because they're not thinking clearly. Also, don't forget that English wasn't RZ's first language. Sometimes statements credited to her by others (referring to XZ as her daughter, although maybe that one is true, or referring to MS as her son) didn't always make sense.

In regards to MS's aunt's text to RZ: DS's sister's text was about wanting to find out more about MS's accident, something very natural for a relative to do. We are strangers on this board, yet we still want to know more about the accident. Of course MS's aunt would want some answers.

In regards to RZ's conversations with JS: Maybe she was too mad to answer him. Maybe they'd had this conversation before, and she told him she was angry he didn't credit her enough with "saving" MS. Maybe that's what the conversation between JS, AS, and RZ was all about during their last dinner together. Maybe RZ's answer was in a big, dramatic, angry suicide, let out in the open for the world to see.

JMO

15. CDS22

CDS22 New Member

I agree that JS at one point must have liked RZ or he wouldn't have been sleeping with her. However, it appears that RZ wasn't happy in the relationship (if we believe the latest from her sister, which seems to contradict earlier statements the family has made). I personally believe - jmo - that JS was getting ready to break up with RZ.

It would be interesting if detectives were to check out RZ's background a little bit more. What was she doing prior to the 2-year job she quit? Where did she receive her education? Who were her friends? What was her job history like?

This is a woman who was recently divorced, had no job, and complained frequently to her sister about her relationship. Doesn't seem like she was too happy, fulfilled, or had lots of friendships going on. She certainly didn't have any friends texting or calling her in recent days, according to her phone records.

JMO

16. Truthwillsetufree

Truthwillsetufree New Member

17. CDS22

CDS22 New Member

Just like articles that are quoted here about MS's death aren't accurate either. For example, there are still claims he fell down the stairs or that he "tripped and fell", and no one questions these articles.

The main point of the Psychology Today article is that RZ certainly could have been suicidal.

18. Truthwillsetufree

Truthwillsetufree New Member

Yes, could have. In order to give the article any credence whatsoever the author, at the very least, should have checked his facts. Posts here on WS is not a bimonthly published magazine written for a mass audience with a subscription circulation of 291,989 touting "experts" as it's authors. I do believe Psychology Today should be held to a higher standard than that of a crime sleuthing website posting opinions and theories, although, it is glaringly obvious that WSers are more capable at finding facts than the author of this article.JMOFWIW.

19. CDS22

CDS22 New Member

I was referring to news sources that WS readers post in support of the Zahau family. Those articles don't even get the cause of MS's accident right. They've made claims from the unsubstantiated planking to the latest, Max "tripping".

20. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Since nobody knows the exact cause of MS's accident, what exactly would be getting it right?