Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Discussion in 'Rebecca Zahau Nalepa' started by Winward1, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

Was there any remodeling or renovation going on at the mansion, I wonder? Workers leave things like electrical cords around all the time. Some friends of mine are getting their bathroom redone and when I was over there the other day, I saw the same kind of orange extension cord in the hallway.

2. SleuthyMama

SleuthyMama Listening to my gut

Thanks, Paladine...I got the part that there are two kids, I didn't realize that the FB posting had been REMOVED...now I get the "silenced" comment.

3. freshmom

freshmom Member

(bolded by me)
    In the comments section for this article, a poster describes meeting the Shacknais and there is a description of Mr. Shacknai's children, in addition to Max, there is a girl (G) and a boy(E).

4. ChattyWoman

ChattyWoman New Member

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

Memorial contributions honoring Max may be made to Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation either by mail to 9045 E. Pima Center Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, or via their website, www.whisperinghoperanch.org

Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation has collaborated with organizations serving children with special needs and their families to design customized camps, retreats and other curricula.

http://www.whisperinghoperanch.org/board_of_directors.aspx

Board Of Directors

Executive Committee
    Susan Bansak
    Vice President, Board Governance

Ron Butler
    Vice President, Finance

Robert D. Hartman
    Vice President, Operations

Robert G. Mayfield
    Vice President, Facilities

Jonah Shacknai
    President

Mark Sklar
    Vice President, Development

5. time

time New Member

I didn't mean to sound overly dramatic, but I thought reports were that her post was deleted. Just going from memory, perhaps her profile was made private.

6. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

Maybe they traced his cell pings to San Diego county by didn't choose to give the exact location to the press

7. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Thanks for the link.

Looking at the photo of the staircase, plush carpeting makes it even more difficult for me to believe Max died from that fall. There's more to this story, imo.

[​IMG]

8. Paladine

Paladine Active Member

The 13 yr old...THIS 13 yr old, is a boy....WHO was in that house during Maxies fall???
    Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...s-death-reported-san-diego.html#ixzz1SfrspxZK

9. time

time New Member

For Sleuthy

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...0110716arizona-ceo-shacknai-coronado-son.html

http://m.ibtimes.com/jonah-shacknai...ai-spreckels-mansion-dead-brain-d-181791.html

10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Investigators said Monday that the bizarre deaths of an Arizona multi-millionaire's son and girlfriend at the historic Spreckels Mansion on Coronado may be related after all.

Last week, San Diego Sheriff's investigators said they had no evidence linking the two incidents, but Monday a homicide detective said the two tragedies may be connected after all, but declined to elaborate.

Results of an autopsy on Zahau have been sealed. Sgt. Frank said toxicology results are pending, but a determination on whether Zahau took her own life or was murdered should come later this week.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ronado-mansion-deaths-20110718,0,323715.story

11. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

BBM

I'm always baffled when I hear comments about Xanax. I hear kids are taking it for a high or something. I use Xanax, though in a very small dose (1/2 of a 0.25mg) and I don't feel any odd effects from it at all. I have an anxity issue and just half of the 0.25 helps me out. My doctor prescribed that I take 0.25 but if half works then there is no reason to take more. I guess I just don't get the "fun stuff" comment.

12. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

I thought I had read that the place had been reno'd since he bought it? Do we know if the floor was still carpeted?

13. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

That photo shows only the lower part of the staircase. How many stories are there in the house? If he fell from higher up and hit that chandelier and/or table on the way down, well, I could see that causing some serious damage.

14. SleuthyMama

SleuthyMama Listening to my gut

15. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

Finally LE making some sense. I just cannot comprehend believing suicide with bound hands and feet.

16. Paladine

Paladine Active Member

Wow...get ready for a ride, folks. Thanks for posting.

17. scorekeeper

scorekeeper New Member

Joe,

That is a great observation.........awhile back there were some pictures of the house.....

has anyone heard if JS picked up the dog and took him back to AZ with him?

18. askfornina

askfornina Well-Known Member

i really just think there is not enough information/too much conflicting information in this case to make a solid determination about anything, imo. i wonder if that will change or if they will continue to reveal little information. i think there has been so little information because it is an ongoing investigation, at this point i don't think it is anything more than that.

19. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

How could he hit a chandelier suspended from the ceiling? :waitasec:

Yes he could've hit his head on the table but I don't believe it would've caused death unless he was deliberately tossed with force and smacked his head. IMO

20. askfornina

askfornina Well-Known Member

it's pretty low hanging and there is a second story, he could have been trying to swing from it. i think a fall from the second story could result in pretty serious injuries.

but really, who knows at this juncture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.