Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a google image search on "owling & planking" and found multiple images of young children balancing on the banisters of stairways up high, usually with the older, larger of the two of them, laying flat on top of the banister railing, 'planking', with the younger, smaller child usually balanced 'owling' or sitting perched on top of the older larger child who was laying flat 'planking'... These pics made me see the possibility of errors in judgement which could have happend here. An older sister planking. The younger son owling...and someone designated to take the picture for the children. I hope this is just mere speculation and that there is no truth to it at all. What a horrible memories for anyone to have to live with...

I think others are right, having a big duh moment. If she committed suicide probably she was standing on the table that was already on the ground.

But if someone else hung her, it seems more likely they did the same thing - kicked the table out from under her or had her in that position and then shortened the rope above.

BBM

Any thoughts as to the perp?

Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...lice-probe-death-of-rebecca-na/#ixzz1Skp2BXOA

It's nice to know that he is arranging the funeral for RN. What a trajedy for the families.

I wonder ...

An executive at Shacknai's company, Sitrick, said the pharmaceutical CEO hired them to help him as he grieves and takes care of two funerals.

I don't believe much of anything a PR firm says, they 'spin' things with vague innuendo and so forth. Unfortunately, what the media picks up is what becomes the official 'story' to the public.

I do understand Scorekeeper and until we know for sure if Rebecca's death was a suicide or a homicide it is only natural to speculate and wonder.

However Dina and Jonah seemed to have put their past differences behind them. Not all exes carry scorecards around forever. Some actually do become friends after a tumultuous divorce and I really think that to Jonah and Dina ..,Maxie was worth that.

And not all parents are jealous of future spouses or girlfriends/boyfriends either. Some are very pleased and greatly thankful that their ex is with someone who really deeply loves their children too.

So while I have no doubt in the world that Dina is absolutely devastated by her great loss of Maxie I don't think she had any ill will toward Rebecca. If that had been true then Jonah wouldn't have bought this mansion so close to where Dina lived. I think both the people in Dina's home and in Jonah's home tried to make it the happiest places to be for Maxie.

Just my thoughts though.

oceanblueeyes,

I really am playing "devil's advocate"; nothing personal against anyone here or players in this case.....okay

But her son that she adored and loved so much supposed had a life-threatening--leading to his fatality--accident on RN's watch. Part of grieving is blaming someone else.

Another twist.....some of the first reports stated that DS was home at the time also......plus the unnamed 13 year old

A lot of variables in this case

Just throwing things out.....

Heck, for all we know JS came home from the hospital and was involved.....
and no I don't have any MSM reports to back this up....other than LE not telling us where he was......

So, RN is gone either by suicide or homicide......

BBM

Any thoughts as to the perp?

Well, I don't know, I guess all we have to go on is Dina, Jonah, Adam, someone hired by one of them, or some other relative of Dina/Jonah. There's a lot we don't know, but I don't see anyone else right now that has any motivation.

I can't really believe she committed suicide. It just doesn't really make sense for many reasons even beyond the method. Having said that, if it were suicide, I think it has to be because someone raked her over the coals, was going to make her the fall guy, told her she could have no part in seeing Maxies/etc, or threatened her with loss of her entire future (with Jonah and the kids?).

Or, asked her to lie about what happened and she wasn't going to. But this is also motive for murder.

What I keep focusing on is that I do think she was trying to get things arranged so she could get to the hospital (she was not getting rid of the dog to commit suicide). Something changed after those arrangements were made and before she was able or allowed to go to the hospital. Unfortunately there are a lot of scenarios in there - perhaps someone was putting her off, delaying her visit. That seems plausible since her sister talked to her the night before she died and Rebecca didn't say anything that we know about NOT getting to see Max? What happened between that call and 6 am? What were her communications with Jonah and when? I think toxicology reports will clear up some possibilities.

well, it sounds like a most horrid tragedy, can't begin to imagine the pain JS and family are going through. My deepest sympathies. I feel at this point they should be left alone w/ their grief.

If it's not a crime, media needs to back off. imo

Well, I don't know, I guess all we have to go on is Dina, Jonah, Adam, someone hired by one of them, or some other relative of Dina/Jonah. There's a lot we don't know, but I don't see anyone else right now that has any motivation.

I can't really believe she committed suicide. It just doesn't really make sense for many reasons even beyond the method. Having said that, if it were suicide, I think it has to be because someone raked her over the coals, was going to make her the fall guy, told her she could have no part in seeing Maxies/etc, or threatened her with loss of her entire future (with Jonah and the kids?).

What I keep focusing on is that I do think she was trying to get things arranged so she could get to the hospital (she was not getting rid of the dog to commit suicide). Something changed after those arrangements were made and before she was able or allowed to go to the hospital. Unfortunately there are a lot of scenarios in there - perhaps someone was putting her off, delaying her visit. That seems plausible since her sister talked to her the night before she died and Rebecca didn't say anything that we know about NOT getting to see Max? What happened between that call and 6 am? What were her communications with Jonah and when? I think toxicology reports will clear up some possibilities.

I think it was the news that Max would not recover, that he was in fact brain dead.

Erin Runnion, who had absolutely zero involvement in her daughter Samantha's murder, also hired a PR firm.

In 2002 RMS was called to assist Erin Runnion following the kidnap and murder of her then nearly six-year-old daughter, Samantha Runnion. RMS was tasked with handling the media storm surrounding this highly-publicized incident. Following Samantha's death, media were hounding Erin to speak, in detail, about her daughter’s tragic death. Erin was overwhelmed and needed assistance to manage the deluge of media and offer counsel on which interviews to take and on which to pass. In addition, a front line of defense was needed when dealing with these editors to not only find out what the purpose/angle of the story, but to also establish boundaries with the press and determine what questions were off-limits. Both Erika Schulte and Shana Starr, of RMS, handled all press for Erin and subsequently helped to launch her foundation in honor of Samantha – The Joyful Child Foundation. We continue to work with Erin and the foundation to this day.

Someone posted up-thread that a children's ICU only allows visitors who are immediate family.

I'm assuming this would excluded RN from even being allowed at MS's bedside.

Could someone confirm? TIA

Phone records would be a big help. I wonder how many times she spoke with JS or Dina during their hospital visit.
What I'm trying to say is, wonder if she called them non-stop.
Panic/Frantic. Pushing someones buttons when their stress level is over the top, can result in angry words or more.......

IMO

well, it sounds like a most horrid tragedy, can't begin to imagine the pain JS and family are going through. My deepest sympathies. I feel at this point they should be left alone w/ their grief.

If it's not a crime, media needs to back off. imo

LE has not released any forensic, toxicology reports (they are awaiting results). They have 3 options left for RN's cause of death

undetermined
suicide
homicide

So, the media has the same questions we do..........what happened and why and possible "who dun it"

oceanblueeyes,

I really am playing "devil's advocate"; nothing personal against anyone here or players in this case.....okay

But her son that she adored and loved so much supposed had a life-threatening--leading to his fatality--accident on RN's watch. Part of grieving is blaming someone else.

Another twist.....some of the first reports stated that DS was home at the time also......plus the unnamed 13 year old

A lot of variables in this case

Just throwing things out.....

Heck, for all we know JS came home from the hospital and was involved.....
and no I don't have any MSM reports to back this up....other than LE not telling us where he was......

So, RN is gone either by suicide or homicide......

Thanks for the open spirit of inquiry.

I believe both you and Ocean could be correct or partially. Not to complicate things :crazy:

Let's say two people are both characteristically tumultuous and somewhat controlling given the situation. The fight is what is important often, not always the content. Overall they have a dysfunctional relationship that feeds itself. These two will nearly do each other in or they will join forces. The motivation is opportunistic and some get a high off these highs and lows, feeding the cycle and reinforcing/maintaining the relationship instead of appropriately disentangling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...au-distraught-day-died.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

On Monday, the day after Max died, Mr Shacknai hired high-profile PR firm Sitrick and Company, a firm renowned for 'crisis management' and whose founder, Michael Sitrick, has earned a reputation as the king of spin.
The firm told 10News Mr Shacknai had hired the agency because he was receiving hundreds of calls and needed time to grieve and arrange funerals for Max and Miss Nalepa.
Retired San Diego police detective Rick Carlson told 10News: 'I think they have major feelings about protecting their own interest. It certainly appears that somebody wanted to send a message.
'Whether it was the victim's anger or if it was a homicide… there appears to be a lot of anger there.'
Police are also investigating reports that a loud party was held at the house the night after Max's fall, and just hours before Miss Nalepa died.
But today a source close to Mr Shacknai told Radar: 'There was absolutely no party whatsoever, period.
'A neighbour might have heard loud music, but that was the extent of it. No party.'

Anger???

Why loud music - was JS home at that time??

Time,

This case is very unusual and LE is not releasing much information; so my imagination runs wild.........

I did post a page or two back about the fights during the divorce....DS told her husband, "you can't leave me"....

From all we know about this case (not much) the individuals are:

Dina
Jonah
Adam

And I think all 3 have been sleuthed.

I should not have used the term "stole" because it's so true; no one can steal another person out of a happy, satisfying relationship.

As the LE has said.....3 options left for the cause of death for RN - undertermined; homicide; or suicide.......

We don't have all the info so it seems we only have homicide and suicide to discuss......

score

I understand! It seems sort of sexist to me when it could easily be that Jonah stole someone's wife or whatever. But you make a good point about "you can't leave me" ... just remember, some people don't care if others are having affairs, they just don't want a divorce. For all we know that was said because of money, prestige, social reasons, the kids... perhaps it was because of Rebecca at the time, but why do I suspect if it wasn't Rebecca it could have been someone else or about something, anything else. I just don't find it normal or acceptable to have domestic violence going on at all, worse when you have children and I think completely irresponsible. These people weren't even young! Cripe Jonah was 50 - who engages in domestic spats of this caliber at all, let alone when older?

I've heard of a lot of very very nasty divorces, but even those don't typically result in domestic abuse that occurs many times with the police involved. I may be wrong, but if someone is capable of getting violent with an intimate, it's probable it's not an isolated event. Maybe both these people had partners before or after who just weren't going to flame the fires or engage in such behavior.

Thanks for the open spirit of inquiry.

I believe both you and Ocean could be correct or partially. Not to complicate things :crazy:

Let's say two people are both characteristically tumultuous and somewhat controlling given the situation. The fight is what is important often, not always the content. Overall they have a dysfunctional relationship that feeds itself. These two will nearly do each other in or they will join forces. The motivation is opportunistic and some get a high off these highs and lows, feeding the cycle and reinforcing/maintaining the relationship instead of appropriately disentangling.

BBM

Thanks so much, time......had me laughing and made me think of a time way back when one of my supervisor's wrote me a commendation about "how I was such a tactful employee that was very much appreciated".......:crazy:.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

IMO: This death will be ruled a suicide - *money* talks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...au-distraught-day-died.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

On Monday, the day after Max died, Mr Shacknai hired high-profile PR firm Sitrick and Company, a firm renowned for 'crisis management' and whose founder, Michael Sitrick, has earned a reputation as the king of spin.
The firm told 10News Mr Shacknai had hired the agency because he was receiving hundreds of calls and needed time to grieve and arrange funerals for Max and Miss Nalepa.
Retired San Diego police detective Rick Carlson told 10News: 'I think they have major feelings about protecting their own interest. It certainly appears that somebody wanted to send a message.
'Whether it was the victim's anger or if it was a homicide… there appears to be a lot of anger there.'
Police are also investigating reports that a loud party was held at the house the night after Max's fall, and just hours before Miss Nalepa died.
But today a source close to Mr Shacknai told Radar: 'There was absolutely no party whatsoever, period.
'A neighbour might have heard loud music, but that was the extent of it. No party.'

Anger???

Why loud music - was JS home at that time??

Yeah, ANGER??? Can't see that if it was a suicide, can you? Does anyone commit suicide out of anger?

I worried before that the neighbors did hear something and it was to cover up any other noise.

But, this is the most telling to me!

I think they have major feelings about protecting their own interest. It certainly appears that somebody wanted to send a message.

Holy moly - even weirder those two sentences are together.

Just thinking about the reports of "loud music" on Tuesday night...to mask the sounds of screaming, perhaps?

JMO.

Yeah, ANGER??? Can't see that if it was a suicide, can you? Does anyone commit suicide out of anger?

I worried before that the neighbors did hear something and it was to cover up any other noise.

But, this is the most telling to me!

Holy moly - even weirder those two sentences are together.

Feelings of anger and resentment combined with exaggerated guilt can lead to impulsive, self-destructive acts

http://www.capefearhealthyminds.org/library.cgi?article=1115921805

I gotta take a break...........my head is spinning :crazy::crazy::waitasec:

homicide.........suicide..........:banghead::banghead:

I don't know about how many times with being naked. I do know it happens though.

The binding of the feet and wrists is so the person committing suicide cant change their minds or have a way to stop it.

They want it to be over with and are afraid that they will grab the rope and stop themselves from what they really want to do.

Hangings or some type of suffocations happen over 20% of the time in suicides so it is not uncommon at all.

IMO

I've had and known a few people who have hanged themselves but, never heard of binding own's hands and feet before and being naked combined.
I wonder if she was a depressed person? Wouldn't she have to research on the computer best way to hang oneself? I just never thought of how complicated this really is.
Curious what she researched or who she contacted prior.
Would hate for this to be written off as a suicide when if someone killed her or forced her to jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member