Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer the investigation into the deaths of Medicis (MRX) CEO Jonah Shacknai’s son and girlfriend goes on, the more of a media circus it becomes — and the more pressure Medicis’ board will come under to ask Shacknai to step aside.

There is no sign of that happening now. Shacknai is the founder of the company and is heavily identified with it. No one wants to see Medicis without Shacknai. And yet if the police eventually declare that the hanging death of Rebacca Zahau Nalepa at his Coronado, Calif., mansion is a homicide, it’s difficult to see how he could continue to run the company.

The case would surely turn into a Casey Anthony-style media free-for-all, due to its bizarre circumstances

ETA: EXCELLENT timeline at this link! Seriously. :) I can only quote so much due to fairuse, but, boy, be nice to copy that WHOLE timeline...anyone have an idea how to do so? ;)

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...cis-may-contemplate-life-without-its-ceo/9201

In case this has not been posted before Douglas Loehner who is Rebecca's brother-in-law was recognized this week for 10 years of service to the St. Joseph Missouri Police Department. The article does not indicate in which capacity he was honored. Hopefully this will help with the retrieval of information moving forward.

http://www.stjoepd.info/awards.cfm

Zahau's brother-in-law Doug Loehner issued a statement Thursday.

"Jonah is a stand-up guy. He was very devoted to Rebecca
. She treated his kids as her own," Loehner said.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15075598/coronado-mansion-death?redirected=true

Do we know if Adam attended Maxie's funeral??

We don't know for sure if there has been a funeral or not.

I have heard Jonah is "planning" the funeral... and that was as recent as yesterday.

http://ktar.com/category/local-news...xpedite-toxicology-reports-in-mansion-deaths/

However there have also been a couple of things out there saying that the funeral was Wednesday.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...video-surveillance-sheriffs-department-review

I haven't seen any credible statement or picture or obituary to prove there was a funeral. I guess they did an amazing job of keeping the media away completely?

somewhere earlier in the last thread i believe someone said that LE stated they were not disclosing what the rope was attached to, and that they were also not disclosing whether or not the room with the balcony was her room. anyone remember this/have a link?

Yes, I remember this because I said "Rebecca's room? Why would she have her OWN room?"

Thank you ... that pic 5 really looks like hogtying is plausible. Her hip also almost looks like it is out of place, but then again, when someone is thin their hip might stick out like that. The orange cord in the pic also looks like it could be attached to her feet and not her neck. And that would explain why her shoulders are pulled back so far, painfully so - I thought that was strange in the beginning, with her arms completely behind her. Just can't see her falling into that position if it was a simple hanging, even if she had been rolled over or something. Just doesn't make sense.

I have unfortunately witnessed several dislocated hips in the last several months.

It is possible it is dislocated. It is hard to tell without comparing it to her other hip. Some do just have hips that stick out like that.

images

Above is a shadow pic of someone "hogtied" - notice that the arms and legs are not cinched up tight and that there is a length of "rope" between the wrists and ankles.

If you go here:

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ph...ad-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

and look at pic 5 (I just won't post that pic on the board) - you can see that it is highly possible that at one time she was hogtied.

The bending of the knees, which we've heard she was in rigor - so stiff, does not jive with hanging. If someone dies by hanging and remains there long enough to go into rigor - then the knees will most certainly not be bent.

I really wish they would hold a presser or release a little bit more info. With this silence - kinda tells me LE is on to something and we just might see an arrest soon. It was that way with Tyler Hadley (hammer boy) and the adopted son that killed his mother down here as well. Both were arrested in a matter of a few days.

I am not sure what you mean WOO.

When someone is hogtied from the backside the legs from the knees down are folded back and cinched tightly behind the back(they are folded backwards by the perpetrator if it is a criminal act) where rope can bind both ankles and wrists together. Murderers have done this type of technique in the past and then carried or pulled the bodies to discard them by the rope in the middle of the victim's back where their legs and wrists comes close togather.

If she was in rigor when found then her legs would have been fixed in this backward position.

I don't see why the police would lie. They have said her wrists and ankles were bound but have said she was not hogtied.

IMO

From that article
http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...cis-may-contemplate-life-without-its-ceo/9201

The financial backdrop

Easing Shacknai out of his company would be more of a psychologically difficult problem than a financial one. A severance could net him an annual bonus plus $6.7 million in unvested stock, according to SEC disclosures. He took home $6.3 million in compensation last year.

He also netted $1.4 million on July 6 when he exercised 276,290 options at $26.95/share (total $7,446,015) and sold 224,426 of them at $39.70 on the same day (total $8,909,712). The month before, on June 10, he moved 123,222 shares to an irrevocable trust for the benefit of his children.

Shacknair currently owns 832,856 shares of MRX, which has 150 million Class A shares, 1 million Class B shares and 5 million preferred shares outstanding.

MRX has fallen since Zahau’s death. If the police were to bring charges in her death — even if Shacknai had nothing to do with it ...

If the police return a verdict of suicide, Medicis has a chance of getting back to normal. If not, then Shacknai faces some unpleasant, and unfair, conversations with his colleagues.

now, here's a link from local media that pins down some details...or so we hope. ;) Too much to pick a quote, have at it, websleuthers....;)

http://www.coronadonewsca.com/news/article_792a7e1a-b48c-11e0-a5cf-001cc4c002e0.html
From Paladine's link above:

Two days later, on Wednesday, July 13 at approximately 6:48 a.m., units from the CPD went to 1043 Ocean Boulevard in response to a 911 call. A few hours later at approximately 8:20 a.m., the CPD requested the assistance of the San Diego Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Detail to investigate a “suspicious death” at the home.

The reporting party indicated a female was possibly deceased at the residence. When the Coronado units arrived at the scene, they located a female adult on the property who appeared to be in distress. They immediately provided medical aid until the Coronado Fire Department arrived on scene a few moments later. After a short time, the woman was determined to be deceased by the responders from the Coronado Fire Department.

BBMThose statements contridict themselves. First responders arrive and find a woman "in distress" , they provide medical aid and then determine she is deceased? WTH?

On Friday night, detectives returned to the mansion with a search warrant, according to a FOX Phoenix report. Police still haven’t said if Nalepa’s death was a murder or suicide.

So, they have conducted a search warrant. I guess that's why we saw the 3-legged table and other things being taken. This article mentions several times that a homicide unit is investigating yet they continue to say they don't know if suicide or homicide?

Nothing is making sense here. Plus the child's death. I've seen where the stairs were carpeted so a fall down them would have been somewhat cushioned. Many people (including children) fall down stairs everday - few of them end up on life support or dead because of the fall. Now, if he went over a second story railing instead of falling (or rolling) down the stairs - that makes a considerate difference - in fact, he could have even fallen on his head.

There is just too much NOT being said. From what I've seen - someone is responsible for RN's death and possibly even the child's death as well.

Has anyone seen a stated time of evening on Tue when the loud music was heard?

I'm wondering if the loud music was heard before or after the RN phone call with her sister when sister described RN as "normal" and "getting ready for bed", paraphrased.

Has RN funeral been announced yet? I myself will find it interesting as to who shows up or not.

More confusion. It was reported she would be buried in her native land, (Burma) then rumor of Missouri, where her family resides. Then JS's PR firm said he was planning two funerals.
Everything in this case is contradictory.
IMO

Previous article from Bnet author

By Jim Edwards | July 18, 2011

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...ut-a-leader/9126?tag=content;drawer-container

Those colleagues, however, will be watching rival company Valeant (VRX) warily: The specialty drugmaker paid $345 million on Friday to acquire the skincare unit of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ); last week it planned a $425 million acquisition of Sanofi (SNY)’s Dermik skincare business. Valeant CEO Michael Pearson described his new competitors in the skincare business — Medicis and Allergan (AGN) — as “lightweights.”

Hmmm ... probably not important but these are some HUGE sums of money, the big deal happened last Friday, and did Pearson really say "lighweights" just recently and in light of the two death?

Jonah and Dina may have both been at the hospital when Rebecca's body was found ..but were they there when Rebecca body was hanged.

Exactly, like in the hospital ALL night. I don't know if they'd have that on camera or not but they can talk with the nursing staff who would know if they were in the room sitting, sleeping, etc.

When someone is hogtied from the backside the legs from the knees down are folded back and cinched tightly behind the back(they are folded backwards by the perpetrator if it is a criminal act) where rope can bind both ankles and wrists together. Murderers have done this type of technique in the past and then carried or pulled the bodies to discard them by the rope in the middle of the victim's back where their legs and wrists comes close togather.

If she was in rigor when found then her legs would have been fixed in this backward position.

I don't see why the police would lie. They have said her wrists and ankles were bound but have said she was not hogtied.IMO

BBM

It could simply be a play on words - she was not hogtied when they found her. The bending of the knees that we see in the pics and the statements of her being in rigor do not coincide with her hanging and the knees bent.

Now, in that article it states that when the first responders got there they found a woman in "distress" and provided medical aid. The helicopter pic we see of her laying there does not coincide with medical aid being rendered at all (she is on her side with ropes, scarf, etc still attached).

The conflicting statements are coming fast and furious. I go by what I actually see in those chopper pics. And those pics certainly do not show where any first responder provided aid to that body.

JMO

Has anyone seen a stated time of evening on Tue when the loud music was heard?

I'm wondering if the loud music was heard before or after the RN phone call with her sister when sister described RN as "normal" and "getting ready for bed", paraphrased.

IIRC, a neighbor reported around 1:00 AM
IMO

I don't see why the police would lie. They have said her wrists and ankles were bound but have said she was not hogtied.

IMO

Police do purposely lie to media during a investigation. They did in my fathers case and said it's often done.

More confusion. It was reported she would be buried in her native land, (Burma) then rumor of Missouri, where her family resides. Then JS's PR firm said he was planning two funerals.
IMO

I think we need to read the PR statement. Others cite it as saying "takes care of two funerals" or arranges ... seems vague to me. I doubt he is actually planning Rebecca's funeral.

Two days later, on Wednesday, July 13 at approximately 6:48 a.m., units from the CPD went to 1043 Ocean Boulevard in response to a 911 call. A few hours later at approximately 8:20 a.m., the CPD requested the assistance of the San Diego Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Detail to investigate a “suspicious death” at the home.

The reporting party indicated a female was possibly deceased at the residence. When the Coronado units arrived at the scene, they located a female adult on the property who appeared to be in distress. They immediately provided medical aid until the Coronado Fire Department arrived on scene a few moments later. After a short time, the woman was determined to be deceased by the responders from the Coronado Fire Department.

BBMThose statements contradict themselves. First responders arrive and find a woman "in distress" , they provide medical aid and then determine she is deceased? WTH?

On Friday night, detectives returned to the mansion with a search warrant, according to a FOX Phoenix report. Police still haven’t said if Nalepa’s death was a murder or suicide.

So, they have conducted a search warrant. I guess that's why we saw the 3-legged table and other things being taken. This article mentions several times that a homicide unit is investigating yet they continue to say they don't know if suicide or homicide?

Nothing is making sense here. Plus the child's death. I've seen where the stairs were carpeted so a fall down them would have been somewhat cushioned. Many people (including children) fall down stairs everyday - few of them end up on life support or dead because of the fall. Now, if he went over a second story railing instead of falling (or rolling) down the stairs - that makes a considerate difference - in fact, he could have even fallen on his head.

There is just too much NOT being said. From what I've seen - someone is responsible for RN's death and possibly even the child's death as well.

So the medics must have thought they could resuscitate her but it was to no avail. She may have still had sporadic agonal breathing. That means she was not in rigor when found, imo.

The homicide unit is always called in on a questionable death investigation in case it turns out to be a homicide. They don't want valuable evidence destroyed should it become a homicide nor do they want evidence destroyed that would show them it was a suicide. These cases are death investigations.

IMO

I agree. I'm beginning not to believe anything lol

Police do purposely lie to media during a investigation. They did in my fathers case and said it's often done.

Doesnt mean they have in this case though justbetweenus.

The photo as she lay there for hours has been shown.

It clearly shows she wasnt hogtied, imo.

IMO

BBMThose statements contridict themselves. First responders arrive and find a woman "in distress" , they provide medical aid and then determine she is deceased? WTH?

Nothing is making sense here. Plus the child's death. I've seen where the stairs were carpeted so a fall down them would have been somewhat cushioned. Many people (including children) fall down stairs everday - few of them end up on life support or dead because of the fall. Now, if he went over a second story railing instead of falling (or rolling) down the stairs - that makes a considerate difference - in fact, he could have even fallen on his head.

Now I'm wondering if Maxie had fallen and got hung on something. I think I need a break from thinking of this case lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member