Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

It's odd but it looks as if there could have been something on her foot like a strip of tape that was removed after her foot got dirty. It's not just the clean area but an indentation line on her skin too.

attachment.php

This looks like lividity rather than dirt to me.

Or she could have had her legs individually tied with tape to the chair legs, accounting for the horizontal adhesive marks on her shins.

This looks like lividity rather than dirt to me.
I think it was in the autopsy report that it was dirt. I may have also read that there was an absence of lividity in her feet, but not 100% on that as I didn't verify it myself.

Or she could have had her legs individually tied with tape to the chair legs, accounting for the horizontal adhesive marks on her shins.

Or perhaps the person doing the binding wasn't familiar with KT tape and didn't realize that it wouldn't hold. Might work with the theory that she broke free for a little while. Just a thought.

What did breaking homicide say about the blood on the 4 sides of the knife handle? And the lack of RZ's prints on the paint tube and paint brush? And the fingerprints on the knife blade? And the three-armed cutting-down? And the fractured cricoid and absence of spinal injury? And no objective evidence supporting the content of JS's voicemail or who in fact listened to it?
I posted a link in the Media thread to the complete show. It was trash - worth watching only to see how far afield from reality people can stray. They completely ignored the civil trial findings proving it to be a homicide.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...lines-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=14106716#post14106716

I can almost bet the PR Machine was behind this one. Not wasting my time watching the bs.
Well, that’s a possibility given how skewed the show was in dealing with the case. However, it could be down to epic incompetence. Consider that Derrick Levasseur was also a key part of the ID series, “Is O.J. Innocent?,” with Bill Dear, the author of the book, “O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It.”
Anyone with that on their resume is capable of getting just about anything wrong.

From Rebecca Zahau’s ...

Update 27

I would like to update everyone on what is happening behind the scenes since our civil trial in March/April. Even though we won the civil trial the fight to get justice for Rebecca is not over yet until the murderer is behind bars.
Sheriff Gore publicly announced that he assigned a team to review Rebecca Zahau’s case files. We have since found out that “this team” included Captain McClain who has no background or experience in investigation. We as a family have not heard anything from the Sheriffs department whether it is to get information from us or to let us know of their progress. I am unaware if any detectives are assigned this case for fresh review. Our attorney, Mr Greer, has given them all the information we have and fully cooperated with the Sheriff and Captain McClain but no cooperation on their part.
Even though I knew in my heart that Sheriff Gore again is falsely giving politically correct response with empty promise, it is a slap in the face to see the reality of his lies. It breaks my heart to see someone like Sheriff Gore, with the authority to do the right thing and who gave his oath to serve and protect but instead lie to the victim’s family and to the public. He blatantly treated my sister like a piece of trash. She is an immigrant, poor, and insignificant to his career. If Rebecca was “the millionaire” this would not be the case. She is dead and cannot speak for herself. So, again he and his department has lied to us and to the public especially San Diegans. You all know my sister was not the only case that they treated with disregard, unprofessionalism, and incompetence. I believe he made the family and public think he is doing something to politicize it for his benefit for the upcoming sheriff election on June 5th.
DAVE MYERS is running against Sheriff Gore. Last election Sheriff Gore won because he had no one running against him. Dave Myers said he will reopen Rebecca Zahau case if he is elected Sheriff and reinvestigate her murder.
Please donate to his campaign and support him. I implore all the San Diegans to consider your support as if you are donating and supporting Rebecca Zahau’s cause and many other helpless and innocent victims’ cause. By VOTING OUT Sheriff Gore you will be the voice of those who do not have a voice and fight on their behalf.
I cannot thank friends, families, supporters, and San Diegans enough for fighting alongside us and for being Rebecca Zahau’s voice since 2011 and through the trial. But I am asking your help again by financially supporting DAVE MYERS sheriff campaign and vote for him on Election Day. Please go vote on Tuesday, June 5th and let justice be served to those who have been denied.

Help spread the word!

<modsnip>viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-152678166167-01e8696108444a45&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that the autopsy report showed a small amount of tape residue was found on her feet. Was the yoga tape ever brought up during the civil trial ?

'According to the autopsy report, a piece of gray material and sticky residue, possibly tape residue, were found on Zahau’s lower legs.

The Medical Examiner’s Office issued a statement Tuesday saying the significance of the tape is unclear, although its position and small size of about an inch would have been unusual for evidence of leg binding.'

Autopsy report reveals new details in Coronado mansion death

And I recall Jonah had mentioned in one of his interviews that Rebecca was into yoga.
People do use yoga tape and you can actually buy yoga tape on Amazon. Heres a link it shows how yoga tape is used.

THE YOGA TAPE | APPLICATION

What if its just residue from the yoga tape that was found on Rebeccas lower legs.
1 inch of tape isn't enough to restrain someones feet, legs, hands or arms.

I know that the autopsy report showed a small amount of tape residue was found on her feet. Was the yoga tape ever brought up during the civil trial ?

'According to the autopsy report, a piece of gray material and sticky residue, possibly tape residue, were found on Zahau’s lower legs.

The Medical Examiner’s Office issued a statement Tuesday saying the significance of the tape is unclear, although its position and small size of about an inch would have been unusual for evidence of leg binding.'

Autopsy report reveals new details in Coronado mansion death

And I recall Jonah had mentioned in one of his interviews that Rebecca was into yoga.
People do use yoga tape and you can actually buy yoga tape on Amazon. Heres a link it shows how yoga tape is used.

THE YOGA TAPE | APPLICATION

What if its just residue from the yoga tape that was found on Rebeccas lower legs.
1 inch of tape isn't enough to restrain someones feet, legs, hands or arms.

JH testified that Rebecca used KT Tape on her legs. However, I don’t recall KT Tape on the list of items removed from the home or property.

JH testified that Rebecca used KT Tape on her legs. However, I don’t recall KT Tape on the list of items removed from the home or property.

sorry if I sound ignorant, but aren't they only permitted to remove from the home what is specifically requested in the warrant? And would anyone have thought to list 'yoga tape' or 'KT tape' for that matter?

sorry if I sound ignorant, but aren't they only permitted to remove from the home what is specifically requested in the warrant? And would anyone have thought to list 'yoga tape' or 'KT tape' for that matter?

The warrant states for a search of the premises and further mentions weapons, instruments, and objects capable of being used as ligatures. Duct tape and/or KT Tape could be used as a ligature for the purpose of binding. Neither was collected from the scene.

The warrant states for a search of the premises and further mentions weapons, instruments, and objects capable of being used as ligatures. Duct tape and/or KT Tape could be used as a ligature for the purpose of binding. Neither was collected from the scene.
Yes it absolutely could. So why was no tape collected. If its thought she was bound in some way, wouldn't that be important evidence? Where did it come from? LE seizes evidence like garbage bags or rolls of duct tape that may have been used in a homicide. Is it because they thought it was a suicide? So its possible the tape may have been on the premises and LE didn't feel it was evidence at the time?
because then you have a civil trial and the residue is being brought into question and used in part, to prove Rebecca was murdered, when maybe she wasn't.

Last edited:
Yes it absolutely could. So why was no tape collected. If its thought she was bound in some way, wouldn't that be important evidence? Where did it come from? LE seizes evidence like garbage bags or rolls of duct tape that may have been used in a homicide. Is it because they thought it was a suicide? So its possible the tape may have been on the premises and LE didn't feel it was evidence at the time?
because then you have a civil trial and the residue is being brought into question and used in part, to prove Rebecca was murdered, when maybe she wasn't.

The warrant specifically states it was believed Rebecca was the victim of homicide. I have my thoughts about why important items at the scene were ignored, but it would be against TOS to state them, so I won’t. If the scene was being treated as a homicide, as the warrant states, nothing should have been overlooked.

Well we had the verdict on April 4th and plaintiffs decided not to ask for punitive damages on 5th.

The 60 day deadline for appeal is looming.

Thank you for the reminder! What’s taking so long? Maybe JS doesn’t want to foot the bill this time around?

Thank you for the reminder! What’s taking so long? Maybe JS doesn’t want to foot the bill this time around?
They might already have appealed and we don't know it. Do you think that's possible?

APPELLATE COURT -- FOURTH DISTRICT SAN DIEGO (DISTRICT 1)

What is an appeal?
An appeal is when someone who loses a case in a trial court asks a higher court (the appellate court) to review the trial court's decision.

In almost all cases, the appellate court ONLY looks at two things:

• whether a LEGAL mistake was made in the trial court; AND
  • whether this mistake changed the final decision (called the "judgment") in the case.

An appeal is NOT:

• A new trial with witnesses or a jury;
  • A chance to go to court and present your case all over again in front of a different judge; or
  • A chance to present new evidence or new witnesses.

The appellate court only reviews what happened in the trial court to decide if a legal mistake was made in the original trial; for example, to see if the trial court judge applied the wrong law to the facts of the case.

The appellate court cannot change the trial court's decision just because the appellate court judges (called "justices") disagree with it. The trial court is entitled to hear the evidence and come to its own decision. The appellate court can only reverse the trial court's decision if it finds a legal mistake in the trial court proceedings that was so important that it changed at least part of the outcome of the case. Because of this heavy burden on the appellant to prove this type of mistake, it is quite difficult to win an appeal.

Also, keep in mind that filing an appeal does NOT stop the trial court's order. Unless you ask the trial or appellate court to postpone ("stay") the trial court's order, you must do what the trial court's order requires you to do during the appeal. A request for a stay can be complicated, and you may still have to pay some of the money ordered by the trial court upfront. Ask a lawyer if one of these options would be good in your case and get help. But remember that an appeal is NOT a way to put off having to comply with the trial court's order.

Basics - appeals_selfhelp

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back