Recall of Chinese Dumplings - Contain Pesticides!!

Discussion in 'Food, Drug & Product Recalls National & Internatio' started by Taximom, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

These were eaten in Japan. Hopefully we don't import these to the U.S. :furious:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/30f1d36c-d067-11dc-9309-0000779fd2ac.html
    Chinese dumplings spur panic in Japan's consumers
    February 1 2008Japan has become the latest country to be hit by a consumer panic over dangerous food products from China after at least 10 people - and possibly dozens more - became ill after eating frozen dumplings found to contain pesticide.

The dumplings were sold by a subsidiary of Japan Tobacco, which immediately recalled 23 frozen-food products made by the same supplier, Tianyang Food.
    Other Japanese food distributors also pulled products made at Tianyang's factory in Hebei, in north-east China. (more at link)

2. Loading...

3. Pandora

Pandora New Member

4. Pharlap

Pharlap Former Member

At this point in time, I want NOTHING from China.....

5. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

Hmmm... maybe that's their plan to take over the world. Kill off all the superior athletes and rich tourists in one fell swoop!

Don't they eat their own products? Ick.

6. KrisNine

KrisNine New Member

I'm going to China next year to work with the pandas!! I think I'll take a case of cereal bars and cans of tuna :)