Red Panda Missing From National Zoo

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by hollye, Jun 24, 2013.

1. hollye

hollye Active Member

2. Loading...

3. ctkid

ctkid New Member

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/red-panda-missing-dcs-national-zoo-19474528

Animal keepers from the National Zoo captured a red panda in a Washington neighborhood Monday after it went missing from its enclosure at the zoo.

The male named Rusty was captured in a bush in the Adams Morgan neighborhood on Monday afternoon, said National Zoo spokeswoman Pamela Baker-Masson. The animal was being taken to the zoo's animal hospital for a checkup.

4. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

omg, I know where this red panda might be!!!!!!!! I just saw it! looking for link!

<edit: nevermind, I see they got it ...I saw this girl's tweet about it! It was a pic of it in her neighborhood!:) >

5. HawksGirl

HawksGirl New Member

Poor little guy. Hope the vet gives a clean bill of health and it was all just a grand panda adventure for him. :)

6. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/24/us/red-panda/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Vanishing acts: Ed Snowden, red panda
    By Dorrine Mendoza, CNN
    updated 6:45 PM EDT, Mon June 24, 2013

(CNN) -- What do NSA leaker Edward Snowden and a red panda at the National Zoo in Washington have in common? Absolutely nothing. Except that both mysteriously vanished. And both were the subjects of high-profile searches -- at least for a little while, in the case of the panda.

But a little while was all Twitter needed to engage in a flurry of jokes, including the creation of several parody accounts for Rusty, the red panda....

7. michmi

michmi New Member

Oh, I'm so glad he was found! Glad for Twitter!

8. my_tee_mouse

my_tee_mouse Done. Put a Fork in Me.

I guess if Daryn Collie had used the furry persona of a red panda instead of a cat/tiger, he might have been found by now as well. As it is...MSM could care less that Daryn's missing and LE, well....