Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
whew -- I've been locked out for a bit but still reading and praying daily. I also think the girl who thought she had talked to Anna was our best lead. I'd like to have us try to talk to police officers who were around at that time. The robberies were real and I think the police might have had suspects even if they were never charged. Seems to me the police are usually pretty in the know about the shady characters in their area. I think if we go back to the robberies we might generate more leads that could help us find the man.

Blessings to all.

Welcome back rideforfun! This is a good idea to get a list of suspect names. I'm almost sure the detectives won't release the information. Is there a way to find names of people who were arrested for theft or kidnapping from 1972 to 1977? As far as I know the detectives have not even contacted the tipster who believed she spoke with Anna.

Hi everyone,

After a long hiatus, I am finally back online! I just moved (again) and it took forever to get my phone and internet service working. Smile, thanks for posting about the WS cause on Facebook. I've been using Facebook but I didn't know about the WS cause! I just joined it. Annasmom, I wonder if one of your family members on Facebook tagged Anna's Facebook profile and said she was their relative. Sometimes if you have a mutual relative the system will notify you that this person may be related to you. Facebook seems to be overtaking MySpace in popularity...another great way to get the word out about missing persons!

Since we have no hard evidence for any theory, other scenarios are certainly possible, some of them more likely than others. I never spoke to or saw either of the Georges after GW left home before Anna's first birthday. I didn't even know where they lived, since support checks for Anna had a post office box as the return address. Joe Ford saw GW briefly as a patient in one of the clinics he worked for. Since Annasbro had accompanied Joe, GW had to know that there was a connection.

Did either of the Georges know what Anna looked like? Did They ever see pictures of her? If not wouldn't it have been harder for them to identify Anna (for certain) if they had taken her, since there were other cars and possibly other children for all they would have known at your home the day Anna disappeared? (Unless successful surveillace had taken place)

Did either of the Georges know what Anna looked like? Did They ever see pictures of her? If not wouldn't it have been harder for them to identify Anna (for certain) if they had taken her, since there were other cars and possibly other children for all they would have known at your home the day Anna disappeared? (Unless successful surveillace had taken place)
I really don't have the answer to this one. When her father left home, Anna was less than a year old and didn't have the blonde curly hair, so I'd say she looked pretty different at age five. On the other hand, there were no other children close to her age living on Purisima Creek Road at that time, and the Georges did have the address, so they could have driven by at any time. GW knew what the boys looked like, of course, and Anna was often with them.

Hi everyone,

After a long hiatus, I am finally back online! I just moved (again) and it took forever to get my phone and internet service working. Smile, thanks for posting about the WS cause on Facebook. I've been using Facebook but I didn't know about the WS cause! I just joined it. Annasmom, I wonder if one of your family members on Facebook tagged Anna's Facebook profile and said she was their relative. Sometimes if you have a mutual relative the system will notify you that this person may be related to you. Facebook seems to be overtaking MySpace in popularity...another great way to get the word out about missing persons!
Welcome back, Gina. I think almost every member of my family is on Facebook!

What about this new thing called Twitter. It is some new internet thing with followers...maybe Anna's story could be put up on Twitter and see if any response.

What about this new thing called Twitter. It is some new internet thing with followers...maybe Anna's story could be put up on Twitter and see if any response.
If anybody knows how to do this, it couldn't hurt. I think it mostly reaches people who use their cell phones a lot, which leaves me out. Also, we want to think about the annoyance factor...we don't want to be spammers.

Hi Madge and Welcome!!

I have put Anna's full name on Twitter... it's a one liner / sentence one can put on Twitter at a time.. I have also included her site email. www.searchingforanna.com ... we'll see, so far no followers... but I just did it! I recommend everyone open a Twitter site and do the same.. more the better!

SKick

Tip Number

I would like to get feedback if we had 'tip line', would this perhaps enhance someone out there knowing 'something'.... to perhaps call? I don't know what this would cost, or if it is at all possible for a missing person's organization to sponser the number.... just tossing the idea out there. Makes you wonder who really reads here ...

Tip Number

I would like to get feedback if we had 'tip line', would this perhaps enhance someone out there knowing 'something'.... to perhaps call? I don't know what this would cost, or if it is at all possible for a missing person's organization to sponser the number.... just tossing the idea out there. Makes you wonder who really reads here ...
I'm not sure what you mean by tip line, SideKick, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a number and a web site for reporting information, etc. I agree with you that our readers here seem to be experiencing "Anna fatigue". It is frustrating, having looked at so many different things, hundreds, without the slightest clue. I think some members may have welcomed the Astros' reading just as a way to stop thinking about it. But I am following the opinion of Gerry Nance of the NCMEC that Anna may still be out there somewhere, and I can't give up.

Tip Number

Not a bad idea, but I do want to mention that I have received several tips by e-mail from people who contacted us from searchingforanna website. My guess is that these folks are not members of Websleuths, but probably follow the case from this forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by tip line, SideKick, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a number and a web site for reporting information, etc. I agree with you that our readers here seem to be experiencing "Anna fatigue". It is frustrating, having looked at so many different things, hundreds, without the slightest clue. I think some members may have welcomed the Astros' reading just as a way to stop thinking about it. But I am following the opinion of Gerry Nance of the NCMEC that Anna may still be out there somewhere, and I can't give up.

Someone may know something and phone rather than email or contact an authority figure/organization. Just trying to simplify the means of hearing from a potential tip ...an old person knowing of Anna may feel that by phoning is the easier route...

Sk

I called NCMEC once for what I thought was a possible match for a runaway teen. It was an easy call and I offered to walk the person who I was speaking with through where I found the info. (wasn't a match, but sure was close same names, same birthdate) I believe NCMEC will take calls anonymously as well, just like Crime Stoppers will.

I'm not sure but I believe someone can call crimestoppers as well regarding a tip on Anna if they had one and crime stoppers would forward the info to NCMEC. Not 100% sure though.

I know emails are used also if someone has an email in there signature line here at WS if someone following Annas forum is unable to register here at WS.

FWIW, in the back of my mind I have always hoped and prayed after all these years someone would have a conscience and confess what they know about Anna's abduction, even if they do so anonymously. I don't know if the tip line for NCMEC is anonymous but the crime stoppers line IS anonymous. I also can't help but wonder if they read the forum as so many non registered people do.

hth

I called NCMEC once for what I thought was a possible match for a runaway teen. It was an easy call and I offered to walk the person who I was speaking with through where I found the info. (wasn't a match, but sure was close same names, same birthdate) I believe NCMEC will take calls anonymously as well, just like Crime Stoppers will.

I'm not sure but I believe someone can call crimestoppers as well regarding a tip on Anna if they had one and crime stoppers would forward the info to NCMEC. Not 100% sure though.

I know emails are used also if someone has an email in there signature line here at WS if someone following Annas forum is unable to register here at WS.

FWIW, in the back of my mind I have always hoped and prayed after all these years someone would have a conscience and confess what they know about Anna's abduction, even if they do so anonymously. I don't know if the tip line for NCMEC is anonymous but the crime stoppers line IS anonymous. I also can't help but wonder if they read the forum as so many non registered people do.

hth

It may be worth noting again that the statute of limitations on kidnapping has expired, so that there would be no penalty for whoever may have taken her.

I have usually include my cell phone number and my email address when we have received media attention such as the HMB Review article from a couple of years ago. (It was via my cell phone that the tipster who claims to have met Anna two years after her disappearance contacted us.)

Hello all. I've certainly not changed my focus by reading the astro report. I'm on this journey until Anna comes home.

As everyone knows I believe we need to go back to the break in's but we are lacking a "how" since so little information is known.

What about posting ads on-line, posters, newspaper that just asks for information about those break in's -- giving people a forum to tell long ago thoughts in a confidential manner. I don't think we need to specify that we are looking for "Bill" -- just that we are looking for information about break in's that happened between *advertiser censored* and *advertiser censored* in this area.

Shake the tree and see what comes out. It would be nice to offer a small reward for the information but I don't know how we would qualify the information since we would not be looking for a conviction or anything that restricts how awards are paid out in current cases. I hope that thought makes sense -- I'm just getting to the fact we couldn't pay a reward for someone calling and telling us something that may or may not be true and we don't have a way to know what is true.

If we got a address list for the areas affected by the break in's I could set up a mail merge letter and do a mailing. We are looking for a needle in a haystack but people likely have information about those events and we need to know it.

Blessings to all.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children sent Anna's photograph to the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center and to the National Vigil for Hope 2009 in April.

This week, there was an influx of readers here from the Zodiackiller.com site. One of the posters there had made the connection that one of the suspects in that case was a man born in the Phillipenes named George Waters and speculated that our GW may have been the same man (he is not). There is no connection to the cases, but welcome to those ZK.com posters who did visit and learn about Anna's disapperance. The more people who are aware of the case, the better chance that someone will remember something that will help!

:toast:

HAPPY Birthday Doogie!
Cheers!!

:partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics