Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

Discussion in 'Jacob Wetterling' started by sillybilly, Sep 8, 2016.

1. oswald111069

oswald111069 Active Member

Executive Order 13526
    Sec 1.7
    "Classification Prohibitions and Limitations. (a) In no case shall information be classified, continue to be maintained as classified, or fail to be declassified in order to:
    (1) conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error;
    (2) prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency;
    (3) restrain competition; or
    (4) prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security."

ThePhantom and neesaki like this.
  2. Listen

Listen Member

I feel the same way. I was not expecting that and it was like a punch to the gut. I didn't expect it to be in that type of condition either. Absolutely heartbreaking and something you can't unsee.

3. Listen

Listen Member

You're welcome to join the others and file a FOIA request. I'm sure the media will get ahold of it eventually.

Tippy Lynn likes this.
  4. oswald111069

What material are these jersey shirts made of anyway? It is still intact after 27 years? And why did I not see this pic before now?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    ThePhantom likes this.
  5. Kojak81

Kojak81 Member

Can't help you with the fiber content of the jersey, or just how it stayed mostly intact all of these years, but I think the main reason that picture wasn't released until now is because it's simply so heart-wrenching. Seeing his last name, his number, and seeing the condition of the shirt, it doesn't take much to realize that it makes things so real, and so visual... That he was wearing that shirt when he was abducted and molested and murdered, and here's the shirt that was there with him, buried with him, for the next 27 years.

It's one picture that I wish they hadn't released. It was awful enough to know what happened. We didn't need the visual reminder. I'm all for the subsequent release of the investigative file, but this one hurts.

6. oswald111069

Executive Order 13526
    Sec 1.7
    "Classification Prohibitions and Limitations. (a) In no case shall information be classified, continue to be maintained as classified, or fail to be declassified in order to:
    (1) conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error;
    (2) prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency;
    (3) restrain competition; or
    (4) prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security."

neesaki likes this.
  7. oswald111069

1+3+5+2+6=17=Q

8. oswald111069

I agree with you you Oswald.
    I like your post even if nobody else does.
    All documents, files and records should be released. Nothing hidden. No secrets to be found out. Its time for the truth to come out. Its been going on far too long. Your conscience will thank you also.
    New Living Translation
    For all that is secret will eventually be brought into the open, and everything that is concealed will be brought to light and made known to all. Luke 8:17

ThePhantom, neesaki and Julindy like this.
  9. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

It's commendable that the sheriff has come forward to have a public discussion about mistakes he felt were made in handling this case. His analysis should be read by law enforcement agencies everywhere. Simple things make a difference in murder and abduction cases - things like questioning and searching everyone around as soon as possible. I still don't understand why they didn't have the witnesses to Jacob's abduction view Heinrich in the line up.

Yes, they also need to make the case files public, as much as possible. Lack of transparency and public access is so harmful to communities and law enforcement. How else can the public trust their officials if they don't know what they're doing?

10. Chicago273

Chicago273 New Member

Does anyone have a link to download the actual case files??

11. human

human Well-Known Member

You have to go to the sheriff and get a USB.

Tippy Lynn likes this.
  12. Julindy

Julindy Well-Known Member

Such heartbreaking story,buried all them years,and now he's back with his family,RIP Jacob x

Indy Anna, neesaki and Betty P like this.
  13. Chicago273

Chicago273 New Member

You know whats kinda of eerie.. If you look at Google Earth and go to the property Jacob's remains were found at, you will see its the EXACT date of the Google Earth image. In fact you can see the authorities vehicles on the tree line, the exact three that are shown in the case files.

14. Chicago273

Chicago273 New Member

Here is the Google Earth image

Attached Files:

LadyL, bowler, ThePhantom and 2 others like this.
  15. Chicago273

Chicago273 New Member

Here is one of the case file photos

Attached Files:

LadyL, Indy Anna, ThePhantom and 3 others like this.
  16. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Nearly 30 years after he was abducted and assaulted near his Cold Spring home, Jared Scheierl finally got his day in court.

His journey to justice has all along run parallel to that of the Jacob Wetterling family, after both boys were abducted back in 1989. In 2016, Danny Heinrich confirmed the connection by confessing to abducting and assaulting Jared, and abducting, assaulting and murdering Jacob nine months later.

Cold Spring victim finally gets day in court against Danny Heinrich

LadyL, Indy Anna, Betty P and 5 others like this.
  17. Listen

Listen Member

29 years ago on this day (in just about 1 1/2 hours from now) Jacob Wetterling was taken away from his loved ones forever by a weak, despicable man. While things have (naturally) quieted down dramatically on this forum in the past year or so, I know most of us will never forget this boy, what he had to endure, and the journey that followed his abduction. He is home now, and we will always remember him. RIP Jake

18. livstabler

livstabler Active Member

wtf?

Attached Files:

• wtf.JPG
      wtf.JPG
      File size:
      70.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Agreed - WTF!

crhedBngr, bowler and human like this.
  20. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

I just read that supplement note that was posted! I haven't followed this for long, so can you 'spell it out' re. who the 'writer' referred to is who shouldn't share the fibre match and what this means? Thanks.

human, ThePhantom and Tippy Lynn like this.