Not open for further replies.
God Bless America!

Never Forget.

Amen

Gozgals

http://www.suntimes.com/output/terror/cst-nws-hero11.html

Adopted daughter learns biological dad was 9/11 hero

September 11, 2006

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- While searching for her birth parents two years ago, Mariah Mills found more than she bargained for: a hero of Sept. 11.

Mills' biological father, who had given Mills up for adoption when he and his then- girlfriend were in college, was Tom Burnett, a leader of a group that fought back on United Flight 93 before it crashed in Pennsylvania on Sept. 11.

'Good came out of this'

Mills, 21, learned about her birth father in 2004 -- after she turned 19, the legal age in Minnesota for requesting a birth certificate with names of birth parents -- and subsequent DNA tests confirmed that Burnett was her father.

...Manhattan and Brooklyn....

I've had these on all morning...I cannot describe the feeling in my stomach right now....

Warning!! There may be some who are disturbed by some of the graphic reporting on these tapes; they are not cut or censored in any way...If you are faint of heart; do not listen to these. If, OTOH, you want to hear about some of the bravest people in the world, please listen to these...they will stay with you...

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/section/911.jsp?sectionId=41

(Scroll down to the bottom and click on the "chunk" of the dispatch messages you want to hear...)

The absolute worst is when they are doing interim "roll calls" and no one is responding, and dispatch realizes that truck after truck of men and women is gone...

God the compassionate one, whose loving care extends to all the world:

We remember this day your children of many nations and many faiths whose lives were cut short by the fierce flames of anger and hatred.

Console those who continue to suffer and grieve, and give them comfort and hope as they look to the future.

Out of what we have endured give us the grace to examine our relationships with those who perceive us as the enemy, and show our leaders the way to use our power to serve the good of all for the healing of the nations.

This we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord who, in reconciling love, was lifted up from the earth that he might draw all things to himself.

Amen

Very beautiful and perfectly reflects my prayers today....thank you!

SpongeBathHotPants said:
God the compassionate one, whose loving care extends to all the world:

We remember this day your children of many nations and many faiths whose lives were cut short by the fierce flames of anger and hatred.

Console those who continue to suffer and grieve, and give them comfort and hope as they look to the future.

Out of what we have endured give us the grace to examine our relationships with those who perceive us as the enemy, and show our leaders the way to use our power to serve the good of all for the healing of the nations.

This we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord who, in reconciling love, was lifted up from the earth that he might draw all things to himself.

Amen

Remembering the day the world changed.
Watching the footage is still as gutwrenching as it was 5 years ago.
God bless America...I hope you never have to witness such an event again.

Robert Clinton Kennedy, one of those listed was a close friend of my family's. He was just the sweetest guy you could ever meet...He danced w/ his wife at my wedding and they were so sweet together. He was her rock...God Bless him and the rest of the victims...Never Forget!!!! You will all be missed so terribly.

southcitymom said:
Let there be Peace on Earth.
It's like that is too much to ask for, how hard could it be :confused:

Bless you guys in America, let's hope something as tragic as this never happens again.

TexMex said:
Please thank your husband for me. Any man who shows such bravery deserves the thanks of all Americans for risking his life to save the lives of innocent people. I know tomorrow will be hard--remembering how many brave friends made the ultimate sacrifice.

Thanks Tex... Today was a rough day as was most of this weekend. We had a memorial down at the site this weekend and yesterday was the dedication of the Rising at the Kensico Dam yesterday. I'm just glad its over.

PS I'll thank Roger ( hubby) for you . :)

Nancy

I'm looking for a video clip from 9/11...it was shown on the news over and over but my husband has never seen it...it's the one of the NYC firefighters checking a grate or something in the sidewalk & for some reason they were videotaping it, when suddenly the first plane flies right over their heads and the cameraman starts filming the plane and you see it crash into Tower One down the street from where they are and all the firefighters start yelling and one is saying "HOLY SH**!!!" over and over...does anyone know the video I mean and where I could find it online? I've looked on YouTube but didn't see it. That one clip just makes my blood run cold every time I see it.

Thanks.

Englishleigh,
that was part of the 9/11 movie that aired on CBS last night but originally on HBO about 6 mos after 9/11. It was a film put together by two french brothers who had been creating a documentary about a probie.

I'm pretty sure I saw that on You Tbe about 10 days ago. I just put in Twin Towers on the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021