Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

All of a sudden the hotels in London are selling out for the week about May 31-June 4.

I wonder what could be going on that weekend?

(There are reports that a traffic offense (using a mobile phone when driving) for the Duke of Norfolk had to be sentenced in private because the disclosure might reveal information of national security (ie: the date of Kings Charles' Coronation). The Duke is the one who organized The Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II and he is also in charge of organizing the Coronation).

It's supposed to be secret and unreleased at this point but a lot of London hotels are completely full that weekend and not the ones around it. The big US hotel chains, especially are already full or filling very fast.
Who is the Duke of Norfolk? I wondered too.

All of a sudden the hotels in London are selling out for the week about May 31-June 4.

I wonder what could be going on that weekend?

(There are reports that a traffic offense (using a mobile phone when driving) for the Duke of Norfolk had to be sentenced in private because the disclosure might reveal information of national security (ie: the date of Kings Charles' Coronation). The Duke is the one who organized The Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II and he is also in charge of organizing the Coronation).

It's supposed to be secret and unreleased at this point but a lot of London hotels are completely full that weekend and not the ones around it. The big US hotel chains, especially are already full or filling very fast.
I guess that Royal cat is out of the bag, so to speak!?

Cameron Walker

@CameronDLWalker

CHARLES III REX The King's new cypher will appear on government buildings, state documents and on some post boxes in the near future. King Charles chose from a series of designs prepared by the College of Arms. A Scottish version features the Scottish Crown

Attachments

• 616B9CD0-30C9-46F8-8C67-93E30A4D8E43.jpeg
    616B9CD0-30C9-46F8-8C67-93E30A4D8E43.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 10
Cameron Walker
@CameronDLWalker

CHARLES III REX The King's new cypher will appear on government buildings, state documents and on some post boxes in the near future. King Charles chose from a series of designs prepared by the College of Arms. A Scottish version features the Scottish Crown
I quite like it. It's going to be strange seeing it in official use for the first time, instead of ER II.

In typical Queen Elizabeth II fashion, everything—right down to the plans for her jewelry—was “sorted and organized by the Queen some time ago,” says editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine Ingrid Seward. “I imagine Her late Majesty’s personal jewelry will be given to various members of the family, the Princess of Wales as the future Queen receiving the lion’s share.”

Attachments

• 8F6DE30C-0164-4E81-8611-2453367C9277.jpeg
    8F6DE30C-0164-4E81-8611-2453367C9277.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 8AC099F6-7E6E-4A48-9CB7-3EF967F3E2D7.jpeg
    8AC099F6-7E6E-4A48-9CB7-3EF967F3E2D7.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 64AD3763-7EB8-43BF-B0A9-AEBCEDF76CBA.jpeg
    64AD3763-7EB8-43BF-B0A9-AEBCEDF76CBA.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 4
  • EDD50229-0808-4F42-8A8E-08DB44F9F558.jpeg
    EDD50229-0808-4F42-8A8E-08DB44F9F558.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 4
I don't suppose we could have a Royal Family thread on WS. I've always only ever been casually interested, apart from when Diana died.
But after reading this thread I have developed quite an interest in being able to discuss it with others here.
Anyway just a thought.

King Charles III's new cypher is likened Cristiano Ronaldo's CR7 logo, the Real Madrid and former Rangers FC badges and the Colorado Rockies baseball team emblem​

Article is from Daily Mail. Interesting how much it looks like team logos.

I don't suppose we could have a Royal Family thread on WS. I've always only ever been casually interested, apart from when Diana died.
But after reading this thread I have developed quite an interest in being able to discuss it with others here.
Anyway just a thought.

We did for a while, Mods gave up trying to referee the bickering IIRC.

jmho ymmv lrr

It was not always peaches and cream between the two of them.
70+ years of marriage would be a marathon not an easy sprint! I am sure there were many challenges but I do hope/believe they were able to maintain a loving goodwill between them in spite of it all. Certainly the loss of her husband was a huge blow to her since he was likely her main tie to her whole life history - youth, motherhood then aging. It doesn't have to be a fairy tale to be a lasting love.

Love the cipher and especially love this rendition of the Imperial State Crown. I think over time there won't be any association in anyone's mind with other, commercial, ciphers, as the key is the crown. No matter what the initials looks like, it's the crown atop them that symbolizes the Monarchy.

The style of the initials, to me, look elegant but masculine, and fit well with the style of contemporary times.

I was going to comment that KCIII is a man who doesn't waste time. On the other hand, he's had considerable time to think of these things, perhaps. (I imagine him as a young man, inventing and practicing his royal cipher, like the rest of us worked on defining ourselves by developing and refining our signatures during class, on our PeeChees. I know, does anyone know what a PeeChee is these days?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back