Reports claim the leader of ISIS has been killed

If the news is correct, the leader of ISIS was living in a village near the Turkish border, and under the protection of Turkey.

Other news still mentions 'pending DNA identification' and the devil is usually in these tiny details.

Same news running here as well on DNA being required to confirm. Except this channel is saying that "Turkey was aware in advance of the raid" and not that he was living under their protection.

A clearer picture and details will un-fog over the next dew days I am sure. Speaking of pictures, there is one out there (internet) this morning purporting to be ABa-B deceased. Close-up of the face (he's clean shaven with some weight loss) but damage around the eye and brow area. The right ear looks pretty bang on to a photo of him that I was able to find where he distinctive right ear is visible. I'm hoping this is legit.

Just breaking on TV here now that apparently they have just recd some video from Syrian sources they will be playing after commercial.

Chilling presser of a very serious POTUS.

Description of how it happened. "He died like a dog. He died like a coward."

"Our reach is very long."

"These savage monsters will not escape their fate."

Mentions James Foley. Mentions other hostages. Kayla Mueller. Mentions the murder of Christians. Of Yezidis.

Thanks Russia, Syria, Turkey, Irak and the Kurds for their help.
Thanks the troops. "You are the best."

Q&A

"We had him under surveillance for a few weeks."
We knew the compound, we knew it had tunnels. Most of them were dead end, one not but we had that under surveillance."

Watching in the situation room.

We were flying over dangerous territory. Flight in flight out were dangerous.

Russia was great. Irak was excellent. They did not know where we were heading. But they hate ISIS as much as we do.

From the first day I came to office, I would say: where is al Bagdadi?
Positive feedback about a month ago.
Operation started 2 weeks ago.

EH5O2rSX4AEx9F4

Paywall, unfortunately.

I forgot about this thread I apologise for starting the new one. I’m really worried about lone wolf or small groups of ISIS terrorists retaliating for the death of their leader. I hope and pray nothing happens.

I forgot about this thread I apologise for starting the new one. I’m really worried about lone wolf or small groups of ISIS terrorists retaliating for the death of their leader. I hope and pray nothing happens.

No need to apologize, you started a great thread. :)

Reading through it, I found this post of mine, it dates from 2017:

No doubt Abu Bkr al-Baghdadi's time will come and I hope we will all be around to witness it. So let's keep this thread open.

We made it!

IMHO the greater danger of al-Baghdadi was that his trying to create a second caliphate, reviving the first one that has been destroyed by the US & allies. ISIS isn't a shadow of what it was before, but the islamic ideology behind it is very much alive and kicking - see what is happening in sub-Saharan Africa for instance.

What ISIS has achieved IMHO is to normalize violence against the 'unbelievers'. I do not recall that there ever have been so many murders and attacks, (attempted) beheadings and stabbings in Western Europe before with everyday citizens who happen to be Caucasian as victims and perpetrators who are recent or not so recent arrivals.

ISIS is a beacon of evil, and President Trump was right to describe al-Baghdadi as a wailing, whimpering coward.

And BOOM, from the twitterfeed of @realDonaldTrump :

Just confirmed that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s number one replacement has been terminated by American troops. Most likely would have taken the top spot - Now he is also Dead!

BBM

The number one replacement hasn't been named, nor was it said where or how he died.
This is turning into a fast-moving thread and it is only Tuesday!

Trump says likely Baghdadi successor killed by U.S. troops | Daily Mail Online

20329122-7626105-The_U_S_on_Monday_confirmed_the_killing_of_Abu_al_Hassan_al_Muha-a-2_1572363554409.jpg

The U.S. on Monday confirmed the killing of Abu al-Hassan al-Muhajir - the Islamic State spokesman and a high-ranking figure within the jihadi group.

Muhajir was killed in a separate operation in northern Syria in a joint raid between Kurdish-led and U.S. forces.

Syrian Democratic Forces General Commander Mazloum Abdi said it was 'a continuation of the previous operation' in which Baghdadi was killed over the weekend.

Mazloum described the jihadist spokesman as Baghdadi's right-hand man.

Muhajir was killed in the Syrian town of Jarablus in Aleppo province, according to a senior State Department official.

BBM

Pentagon releases video of raid on ISIS leader al-Baghdadi's Syrian compound | Daily Mail Online

The Pentagon has released footage showing the raid that resulted in the death of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

20397700-7632435-image-a-1_1572471239241.jpg

Marine Corps General Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr, commander of U.S. Central Command, released the footage at a press conference on Wednesday at the Pentagon.

McKenzie was the operational commander of the Delta Force raid, which took place on Saturday in northwest Syria, and resulted in the death of Baghdadi after the terror leader detonated a suicide vest to avoid capture.

The general clarified that Baghdadi killed two of his own young children in the blast, not three as the breach force initially believed. McKenzie said both children were thought to be under the age of 12.

(...)

The special operators used tactical munitions to blow holes in the walls of the compound and enter it along with K-9 military dog units.

McKenzie said that as non-combatants fled the compound, they were checked for explosives and weapons, detained, and then released following the raid.

'The group was treated humanely at all times and included 11 children,' McKenzie said.

'Despite the violent nature of the raid and the high profile nature of this assault, every effort was made to prevent civilian casualties, and to protect the children we suspected would be at the compound,' he continued.

(...)

No U.S. forces were killed, though a military dog sent into the tunnel after Baghdadi suffered injuries from an exposed electrical wire. The dog has been returned to duty.

The total death toll of the attack was eight: Baghdadi, five other ISIS members, and the two children killed by Baghdadi's suicide bomb.

Other individuals were killed when militant groups in the area, unconnected to ISIS, became aware of the assault and began moving toward the compound with 'hostile intent,' McKenzie said.

McKenzie said that two men at the compound were detained and extracted by the assault force.

Though the general did not confirm it, at least one of the men removed from the compound is thought to be the ISIS mole whose inside information led U.S. forces to Baghdadi.

BBM

I tried to copy the videos of the attack (outside the compound) but that did not work.

That dog is everywhere.... :p:p:p

1080x360

(pinched this from someone's twitter header)

Meanwhile in the real world....
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

the “live” version of Conan will be leaving the Middle East for the White House sometime next week!

ISIS orders militants to begin conquering Israeli settlements and start targeting Jews | Daily Mail Online

The head of ISIS has called on militants to begin conquering Israeli settlements and to start targeting Jews.

Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Quraishi, the leader of the Islamic State, directed the organisation's remaining militants to wage a campaign of terror against Israel and Jews, according to the Israeli public broadcasting corporation.

Al-Quraishi said that combatants, especially those in Sinai and Syria, should turn their focus to Israeli settlements in the West Bank, reconquer the land, and turn it into fields for arms experiments.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back