"Reputation" button- my 2 cents on this feature....

i had 2 nice ones and three negative ones that were blank...
but I never reached that "beacon of light" status...
must be because I am so mean to the pancake server!
Just jokin!

I, too, am glad that feature is gone.

Idahomom, was it someone in the political forum who gave you a negative post? That's where two of my three came from. Damn democrats!!!! ;)
:D

eyespy said:
i had 2 nice ones and three negative ones that were blank...
but I never reached that "beacon of light" status...
must be because I am so mean to the pancake server!
Just jokin!

I, too, am glad that feature is gone.

Idahomom, was it someone in the political forum who gave you a negative post? That's where two of my three came from. Damn democrats!!!! ;)
This particular person posts in the political forum and a couple of other places. I'm onto she/he, though, so that's cool! :blowkiss:

IdahoMom said:
This particular person posts in the political forum and a couple of other places. I'm onto she/he, though, so that's cool! :blowkiss:

I bet you three guesses that I know who it is, and the first two don't count!!! :D

Someone said I was off topic! Can you believe that? bahaaaaaaaaa I know who it was and I could care less. :)

Ok... you guys figured me out. :doh:

I typed "you suck" in every one of your reputation thingys. I should have known you'd find out... drat. :bang:

Seriously... it is too bad all posters couldn't have used the feature fairly as it was intended. I can't see EVER putting a negative comment in such a feature unless a particularly egregious act had been committed by the poster being rated. An act of that nature would have caused them to be banned anyway. Anything short of a "ban-worthy offense" can simply be ignored with a roll of the eyes from in front of one's own monitor. Remember what grandma always said... "If you can't say something nice than don't say anything at all." Any "reputation" comment I would make would be purely complimentary. Anyone I didn't feel like complimenting I would simply pass by. If all had used such a philosophy, those that take time to post well reasoned, fair, thought provoking posts would receive credit for such. What a shame they cannot now. :(

Babcat said:
An act of that nature would have caused them to be banned anyway. Anything short of a "ban-worthy offense" can simply be ignored with a roll of the eyes from in front of one's own monitor.
I beg to differ... but certain members have publically posted PM's and not been banned! I am not sure what a ban-worthy offense is, but if that doesn't do it I don't know what will! :doh:

The "you suck" comment gave me a good chuckle... it was in response to a post of mine on the Amber is Pregnant thread... :crazy:

MrsMush99 said:
Thanks Idahomom,

It doesn't look like I have one. The upper right hand corner only has where I can report a bad post. Doesn't matter. I probably would have never used it anyway.

Thanks again.
Hiya MrsMush! I don't have one either...just that report a bad post button.

Val

tylin said:
Someone said I was off topic! Can you believe that? bahaaaaaaaaa I know who it was and I could care less. :)

I had one that said *personal attack* probably from the same source. Mine even referred to their post! I wasn't even posting anything about them. All I did was say...zzzzzzzzzzz. How is that personal? :doh: :laugh:

Then I had another one that was blank on the comments.

Huh! Too bad it is gone. I kind of liked it! LOL I only left good comments and can't even remember who, what, when or where!

The Reputation thing is gone. A BIG Thank you to the person who removed it for us! She doesn't read here, so she won't see the message.

River said:
She doesn't read here, so she won't see the message.

I am sure the message will get back to her :D

Big thanks from me too... glad it's gone.

River said:
The Reputation thing is gone. A BIG Thank you to the person who removed it for us! She doesn't read here, so she won't see the message.

Tell Angela we thank her. :)

:razz: I never even noticed it!! :doh:

Where does it show up?? :confused:

I'm not sure how you even use it..!! ;)

CARLA

MsBee said:
Tell Angela we thank her. :)

Bahaaaa Ms
bee.gif

Members online

Online statistics