retired military remote viewer submits report to LE; investigator following up on it

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by nursebeeme, Jul 21, 2010.

1. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

http://www.kptv.com/video/24337141/index.html
    (video)

http://www.kptv.com/gooddayoregon/24337416/detail.html
    (article)

http://www.eddamespredictions.com/about

more on "the men who stare at goats":
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats[/ame]

2. Loading...

3. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

That having been said, I must say with regret that I don't put much stock in "remote viewing." And if I were that guy, I am not sure I would be happy people were publicizing that he inspired The Men Who Stare at Goats.

ETA: Though, hey, I am glad someone is following it up - you never know what will be the lead that does the trick, right? (Even though this saddens me, as it shows LE really has no idea where Kyron might be located or what exactly happened to him. MOO.)

4. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

This is an interesting twist. Hope it helps.

I wish people in the area would search their property. He probably will be found with someone fixing something on their property, walking or hiking.

5. chasing.halos

chasing.halos Where is Kyron?

While I don't know much about remote viewing, I am happy to see that investigators are at least looking into it. You just never know.

Come home safely to us lil Kyron....

6. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

his army unit inspired the book/movie on "the men who stared at goats".... I also am not sure I put stock into it, but glad that LE is following up on his report. What I do put stock into, is that this is something that the military puts stock into... and that says something to me...

ETA: I also agree with Ruby that people need to check their own properties and if all this media report does is get people out and looking.... I think that is great.

7. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

BBM

I agree - has there been such an appeal from LE? In most of the cases I've watched, there has been at least a "be on the look out for anything strange on your property" note. I don't recall if anything like that has happened in this case, but perhaps I just missed it. Perhaps this report will inspire the folks around to do so, if they haven't already.

I've never seen a case with so little news on the actual search before. So, in that respect, I am glad of this report. At least it's something search-related.

8. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

9. WestCoastLady

WestCoastLady Member

That's exactly how Morgan Harrington, the 20 year old that disappeared from a Metallica concert in Virginia in 10/09, was found in 1/10....by a farmer repairing fences.

10. butterfly1978

butterfly1978 New Member

Well this is definately an intresting twist. I didn't think LE put much stock into psychics, hell for that matter I didn't know that the army used psychics, that alone is intresting. Hey I'm all for anything that helps find Kyron, there is that one psychic that helps LE and she is what inspired the show Medium, can't think of her name something Dubois.

11. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

BBM

I don't think the US Army uses them any more. It was a Cold War measure in response to reports that the Russians were developing various psychic weaponry and powers, and the US spent some time exploring its applications and value.

Some interesting history and findings here:
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing[/ame]

12. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

10 miles south of school...........do we have a map that can be transferred over?
    I do not know how to do it........TIA

13. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

14. passionflower

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5272065&postcount=18"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS[/ame]

yikes 10 miles

15. passionflower

would that area be around Beaverton????

16. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

17. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

The only problem with it being private property is if the perp owns the property and knows darned good and well where he has Kyron. This would take some way of getting search warrants or an accidental finding by a someone "trespassing" through the area, hunters, teens, you get the idea.

Still, it is a good suggestion just in case Kyron is on someone's property and that person has no idea.

18. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

I don't know, but generally it looks like 10 miles south is right around Terri's gym...if my eyeball calculations are correct.

19. matou

matou #los2188

I have Metzger by way the crow flies (straight 10 miles South)

20. captivagrl

captivagrl New Member

21. matou

matou #los2188

I think just south of Aloha is more accurate. I used the scale on the map lol.