Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/9-1/12 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambChop

Former Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
21,160
Reaction score
29
Please continue your discussion regarding the retrial here.


:discuss:
 

TexMex

Punishment is justice for the unjust.
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
42
Quote Originally Posted by mydirtysecret View Post
Not directly, no. But I really do find the supposition of what BK is suggesting is the most plausible explanation of what caused the now notorious huge fight. The dates and context knowing what we do now, I can definitely see that being the most likely ignition to the inferno that ensued.



Yes. He was demanding she disclose the name of someone she claimed gave her information about him. Obviously Jodi made up a story that this person came to her work and told her secrets about Travis (hmmm,,just like when people showed up and told her about Matt and Bianca!) to cover that she'd been email/Facebook snooping. He was pissed. Taylor Searle confirms he suspected her hacking
 

mydirtysecret

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2014
Messages
933
Reaction score
2
Quote Originally Posted by mydirtysecret View Post
Not directly, no. But I really do find the supposition of what BK is suggesting is the most plausible explanation of what caused the now notorious huge fight. The dates and context knowing what we do now, I can definitely see that being the most likely ignition to the inferno that ensued.



Yes. He was demanding she disclose the name of someone she claimed gave her information about him. Obviously Jodi made up a story that this person came to her work and told her secrets about Travis (hmmm,,just like when people showed up and told her about Matt and Bianca!) to cover that she'd been email/Facebook snooping. He was pissed. Taylor Searle confirms he suspected her hacking

Yup I completely agree this is what started the.big fight. Jodi had harassed, intimidated and scared of e 2 previous serious potential love matches for Travis and here she was, doing it again. It set him off. In his mind, she knew how important being sealed in temple was for him and she sabotaging any chance for him of having that
 

KPinMN

New Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
503
Reaction score
1
Quote Originally Posted by floridagld
He said he worked on case Oct./Nov..about time Dorian was on case and JA was representing herself. Then he was "let go" (paraphrasing). And, called back again or up again in Jan 2015..after the fiasco with BN


So he (referring to Sue D Nimh/John Smith) was actually hired by JA/Dorian while she was pro se? If that's accurate I find it even more incredulous that the judge would allow this witness to hide his identity. We all what a sneaky snake JA can be, so it is quite possible there could be real problems with Smith, his background, and/or his connection to JA. I have a very hard time seeing a valid argument to keep this so-called professional, self crowned data scientist, identity secret. That said, it seems there's a clear pattern of secrecy with little visible validity in this case, so it's just par for the course to allow yet another part of an open court procedure become secret.
 

YESorNO

The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
34,377
Reaction score
68,852
Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
1/8/2015 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 1/8/2015
1/8/2015 095 - ME: Oral Argument Reset - Party (001) 1/8/2015
1/8/2015 029 - ME: Status Conference - Party (001) 1/8/2015
1/7/2015 MIL - Motion In Limine - Party (001) 1/8/2015
NOTE: Motion in Limine to Preclude the State from Eliciting Testimony Regarding Work Drives
1/7/2015 SDO - Order to Seal Documents - Party (001) 1/8/2015
NOTE: SUPPLEMENT TO STATE'S OBJECTION TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION AND MOTION TO DISMISS


https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021
 

MeeBee

Active Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
10,768
Reaction score
9
Regarding the transcripts (won't let me paste):

Agree that there is really no excuse for this to be talking an additional week. I don't buy it. In the Michael Dunn retrial, there was a juror issue. It was handled at a sidebar (not in chambers, imagine that) and the juror was released. The next morning a transcript of the sidebar was released to the media with redacted portions, for discretion, and we found out why the juror was dismissed (imagine THAT) after John Guy announced in open court (in OPEN court, you say?) what the issue with the juror was (though we already knew a day earlier due to an article that was posted).

Granted, it wasn't 400 pages (how did she manage 400 pages of testimony in less than two days????) but it's still relevant. There arent that many outlets requesting transcripts, printing doesn't take that long, and there are, of course, PDFs. There is no excuse, IMO for it taking so long. The media gives you the money, you give them the transcript. So again, IMO, this delay is due to the judge wanting to see the order (for reasons) and at the defense's request (so they can make a game plan, probably to strategically figure out how to schedule their witnesses around the transcript release or to come up with some other scheme/motion before then).
 

RR0004

New Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
20,001
Reaction score
16
So if this guy is his own boss, then he would have to fire himself for mishandling the computer?
 

Steft50

Having Fun
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
827
Reaction score
712
Have any of the defenses witnesses totally completed testifying? It just seems to me that I can't remember JM and the jury getting to either begin cross or ask questions of any of the witnesses so far.
 

Kamille

Shine bright like a diamond
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
16,718
Reaction score
5,829
Have any of the defenses witnesses totally completed testifying? It just seems to me that I can't remember JM and the jury getting to either begin cross or ask questions of any of the witnesses so far.

Dr F is the only one to have completed her testimony and cross examination that I'm aware of.
 

TexMex

Punishment is justice for the unjust.
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
42
Regarding the transcripts (won't let me paste):

Agree that there is really no excuse for this to be talking an additional week. I don't buy it. In the Michael Dunn retrial, there was a juror issue. It was handled at a sidebar (not in chambers, imagine that) and the juror was released. The next morning a transcript of the sidebar was released to the media with redacted portions, for discretion, and we found out why the juror was dismissed (imagine THAT) after John Guy announced in open court (in OPEN court, you say?) what the issue with the juror was (though we already knew a day earlier due to an article that was posted).

Granted, it wasn't 400 pages (how did she manage 400 pages of testimony in less than two days????) but it's still relevant. There arent that many outlets requesting transcripts, printing doesn't take that long, and there are, of course, PDFs. There is no excuse, IMO for it taking so long. The media gives you the money, you give them the transcript. So again, IMO, this delay is due to the judge wanting to see the order (for reasons) and at the defense's request (so they can make a game plan, probably to strategically figure out how to schedule their witnesses around the transcript release or to come up with some other scheme/motion before then).


100 pages of her testimony and 300 pages of Juan objecting
Lol
 

Kamille

Shine bright like a diamond
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
16,718
Reaction score
5,829
Quote Originally Posted by floridagld
He said he worked on case Oct./Nov..about time Dorian was on case and JA was representing herself. Then he was "let go" (paraphrasing). And, called back again or up again in Jan 2015..after the fiasco with BN


So he (referring to Sue D Nimh/John Smith) was actually hired by JA/Dorian while she was pro se? If that's accurate I find it even more incredulous that the judge would allow this witness to hide his identity. We all what a sneaky snake JA can be, so it is quite possible there could be real problems with Smith, his background, and/or his connection to JA. I have a very hard time seeing a valid argument to keep this so-called professional, self crowned data scientist, identity secret. That said, it seems there's a clear pattern of secrecy with little visible validity in this case, so it's just par for the course to allow yet another part of an open court procedure become secret.

I actually believe that JA contacted BN for his "expertise" regarding the computer. She must have been very impressed with his "ninja in the eye" work. I also believe it was him who wanted the "expert" work but had to get someone else to do the actual report for him and that he was going to try to fudge it until he realized he was in way over his head.

MOO
 

MeeBee

Active Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
10,768
Reaction score
9
Yup I completely agree this is what started the.big fight. Jodi had harassed, intimidated and scared of e 2 previous serious potential love matches for Travis and here she was, doing it again. It set him off. In his mind, she knew how important being sealed in temple was for him and she sabotaging any chance for him of having that


Placed in context with the argument, it makes sense to me too. Perhaps Jodi did something else too like sent her an email addressed from Travis or with secrets about Travis and Jodi addressed from Steve the jealous ex and it set off an argument about many things, with this incident being the catalyst. It was probably something more than just the hacking because he was very upset and he knew she was hacking his stuff already. She may have done something to sabotage the relationship and blamed it on the guy who was helping her with her blog, which is why she was telling him about the jealous ex boyfriend and how she shouldn't have given him access to her stuff (something like that). Travis just wasn't buying it at all and the more she lied the angrier he got.

I can actually see this being the thing that caused the argument.
 

dog.gone.cute

Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
15,653
Reaction score
1,945
:seeya:

So ... the transcripts were not released this afternoon.

:drumroll: Surprise Surprise . . . NOT !

This has gone beyond outrageous !
 

bsk

New Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
2
Quote Originally Posted by floridagld
He said he worked on case Oct./Nov..about time Dorian was on case and JA was representing herself. Then he was "let go" (paraphrasing). And, called back again or up again in Jan 2015..after the fiasco with BN


So he (referring to Sue D Nimh/John Smith) was actually hired by JA/Dorian while she was pro se? If that's accurate I find it even more incredulous that the judge would allow this witness to hide his identity. We all what a sneaky snake JA can be, so it is quite possible there could be real problems with Smith, his background, and/or his connection to JA. I have a very hard time seeing a valid argument to keep this so-called professional, self crowned data scientist, identity secret. That said, it seems there's a clear pattern of secrecy with little visible validity in this case, so it's just par for the course to allow yet another part of an open court procedure become secret.

I think what happened is that Sue did some work and that was supposed to be the end of his involvement - he never expected to testify. Then we had the fun and games where BN was accusing Juan of not knowing computers - which ended up with Juan proving that BN didn't know diddly squat, so he had to bail and they had to browbeat Sue into taking the stand. But of course that gave them the opportunity to screw with Juan and waste a week or so of his time chasing ghosts.

And then it seemed like KN realized how devastating to his lies the whole Incinerator business was, so he moved to keep that out. And of course he was successful in that regard. Certainly we shouldn't introduce any evidence that the defense tinkered with the evidence and then used that tainted evidence to accuse the state of destroying evidence. What relevance could that possible have?
 

5bigfish5

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
809
Reaction score
0
:seeya:

So ... the transcripts were not released this afternoon.

:drumroll: Surprise Surprise . . . NOT !

This has gone beyond outrageous !


Soooo NO Transcripts until Sherry wakes up in the morning and sees a cartoon/caricature with her shredding the last remnants of this trial before she is finally forced to step into the light?

Nurmi on speed dial tonight?

What a JOKE! A very few short hours AGO...on the COURT record, sherry PROCLAIMED (actually back in NOVEMBER) she had ordered the Transcripts prepared and they were good to go. All she needed was the SC to decide.

EARTH to SHERRY...The Arizona Supreme Court thought about as much of Jodi's whims as I do about the brand of toilet paper I use week-to-week.

What's your next excuse, Nurmi's new and improved motion? What ARE YOUR next perimeters?

Nebbermind, I'm sure you will get an email from Nurmi in the AM on how to proceed.


(Jump through hoop A, do a backflip over the line in the sand, eat two slices of bread and drink a quart of water in 10 minutes.....then send your results to my Secretary. I will get right back with you....as soon as the ASC and the COA forgets.)
 

5bigfish5

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
809
Reaction score
0
:seeya:

So ... the transcripts were not released this afternoon.

:drumroll: Surprise Surprise . . . NOT !

This has gone beyond outrageous !

Nah!

Queen Sherry doesn't have to do anything.

UNTIL JODI gives her the go ahead.
 

ElleElle

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
7,497
Reaction score
32
JSS: "My concern is that if I release the transcripts, potential damage cannot be undone."

What possible damage is she referring to? What possible other damage can be done? Travis has been dragged through the mud over and over again. WTH

Quote from BK Site.
 

floridagld

New Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2014
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
I don't know who hired "wolverine/JS".
I just reread my notes and need to make a correction. JS stated he did the work in Aug 2014..And, gave report of his work/findings to BN in Nov.
IF I remember correctly..Aug is when JA was pro se and Nov was when Dorian was doing his tours..
iow and imo..something seems to stink..like JA, Dorian, BN and wolverine are all tied together.
 

ElleElle

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
7,497
Reaction score
32
It seems as though Sue Duh Nimh is keeping himeself "secret" is because he is a hacker and also helps corporations that have been hacked.
MOO
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top