Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
:what:

You have got to be kidding me.

I'm starting to think the "expert" who examined this hard drive was no expert at all.

I'm starting to doubt any *advertiser censored* was found at all! Suddenly *advertiser censored* is found but the laptop gets damaged and there's no copy? Yeah right.

I'm pretty sure it can't be found, that TA's family didn't want it made public. I think Chris Hughes said just that in an interview.

The letter apparently went on for many pages about T's murder, in extreme detail about his suffering. The family believes those details are likely true.

Ok I understand how they feel. But I do hope they change their minds for this sentencing stage. Maybe JM assured them of the DP but that isn't what happened before. I am rock solid sure no one would give her life when they knew she wrote that to someone who could be their own grandmother. The jury already knows she is guilty but this would fight every single mitigating factor.

So now how long until <modsnip> finds something else to try and use to dismiss charges. For someone who hates his client he sure is putting his entire reputation on the line for the twit.

Latest motion posted about a page ago! Here you go:

http://thetrialdiaries.com/motion-to-strike-from-juan-martinez-in-the-jodi-arias-penalty-phase/

So, yeah. If Juan can't verify their findings, their motion to dismiss charges is done as is their intention of bringing this evidence into trial.

Madness!

hope has the letter to TA'S grandmother ever been published? I heard it was 18 pages. I would love to read it.

And AZL, can JM submit the letter into evidence to have the jurors read?

As I said before, Jodi isn't human.

Ahhh, but she is human and that is what scares us all.

But, now Nurmi has put that bug in their ear......how convenient.

I'm starting to doubt any *advertiser censored* was found at all! Suddenly *advertiser censored* is found but the laptop gets damaged and there's no copy? Yeah right.

Oh, I think it was found. But I think this person was too stupid to know to do a copy for examinations and then stupidly damaged the hard drive. This was either intentional or not. But STUPID!

I just imagine this "expert" all proud of themselves for finding this stuff that any old yahoo with knowledge of computers could have found. But why damage the hard drive? Could it be he knows full well why the deletions happened?

So now how long until dopey finds something else to try and use to dismiss charges. For someone who hates his client he sure is putting his entire reputation on the line for the twit.

Ah! But if he "wins", he can follow in Jose Beaz' footsteps and start offering insight in other cases on national TV. It's not about Jodi. I doubt it ever was. Right now, it's about Nurmi vs. Martinez, his pride is on the line. He doesn't want to be seen (again), as being not as good a lawyer as JM.

OK, I no longer entertain the possibility that the first handover, that of of "Tony's" hard drive, was a mistake. The defense has officially stepped in it now.

I never thought the Tony HD handover was a mistake...but this third attempt at deception and delay is even more insulting.

I am absolutely shocked that the family would not submit this letter to evidence. AZL, could a letter, which admits in graphic detail, written by the killer benefit the prosecution while seeking the DP? I would think it would have been the nail in her [CMJA] coffin.

Ok I understand how they feel. But I do hope they change their minds for this sentencing stage. Maybe JM assured them of the DP but that isn't what happened before. I am rock solid sure no one would give her life when they knew she wrote that to someone who could be their own grandmother. The jury already knows she is guilty but this would fight every single mitigating factor.

I remember now how I read it. One of Travis' siblings showed me one night. :(

That is okay by me it is not available. I think it would really upset a lot of people because of how and what FJA writes. I am sorry the grand mother read it, I am sorry TA siblings read it but I feel that it is best where it is, in their hands and out of sight. If the siblings ever write a book and release some of it then it will be the right time. I know they will use what ever monies earned to good use...and if they don't write a book and never release this letter that is okay. Thanks for letting us know about it and where you read it Katy...I real value your input and that of AZL.

I'm starting to think the "expert" who examined this hard drive was no expert at all.

As I've said before, I'm not sure there ever was an expert per se. We've only heard about the PI handling HD, and as for testimony, she has only 2 experts, both psych related.

Oh, I think it was found. But I think this person was too stupid to know to do a copy for examinations and then stupidly damaged the hard drive. This was either intentional or not. But STUPID!

I just imagine this "expert" all proud of themselves for finding this stuff that any old yahoo with knowledge of computers could have found. But why damage the hard drive? Could it be he knows full well why the deletions happened?

I bet it was the P.I. That's who JSS allowed to pick up the laptop right?

fwiw I've been (((avoiding my decluttering project)))) and tweeting much of the day re: my cause about trashing victims. I've snagged a good tweeter named LissaThinks who's right there with me and shared this, created by outraged victims just like me:

http://www.chelseaslight.org/programs/chelseas-law/

I've also been texting w/ one of the Alexander siblings keeping them in the loop and they are right behind what I'm doing. So take that naysayers. There is POWER in using your voice and not accepting things as they are just because that's the way it's being done. I don't buy it and I will take it as far as I take it.

(when I say naysayers I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here, just generally ;) )

And if your voice gets heard loudly enough maybe Nurmi's prophecy of them being scrutinized for years to come will also come true. I actually wish both of them would choose different professions after this.

I'm starting to think that this 'computer expert' was actually the shady PI the killer hired over the summer while she was pro se. :moo:

Interesting article about expert witnesses in general, using the first part of this trial as an example:
http://www.a2lc.com/blog/bid/64719/The-Jodi-Arias-Trial-A-Case-Study-in-Experts-Witness-or-Witless

I came across this while looking for something else (ain't that always the way). Aren't Huey, Dewey, and Louie (i.e. all defense experts except Samuels, who must feel terribly left out) all affiliated in some way, shape, or form with the same for-profit "school," which Geffner himself ("Dewey") founded? (yadda yadda yadda http://www.ivatcenters.org/aboutus.htm)

Oddly enough, despite all its self-reported awesomeness, Alliant International University is unranked by USNews and World Report, because according to USNWR, Alliant declined to supply enough information. Hm. Jodi's defense team sure thinks highly of them, so I guess that tells us all we need to know.

Too bad for me Alliant doesn't offer degrees in my fields and I was stuck going to Berkeley.

Ah! But if he "wins", he can follow in Jose Beaz' footsteps and start offering insight in other cases on national TV. It's not about Jodi. I doubt it ever was. Right now, it's about Nurmi vs. Martinez, his pride is on the line. He doesn't want to be seen (again), as being not as good a lawyer as JM.

Do you remember Monica Lindstrom's glowing article about Nurmi being a new "power player"? Nurmi, who so hates the media and their portrayal of him, posted it on the front page of his website. Even ML thought that was kind of odd. He's fully aware of his image in the media and how he comes off and doesn't want them to see the bad parts. Only the good.

I am absolutely shocked that the family would not submit this letter to evidence. AZL, could a letter, which admits in graphic detail, written by the killer benefit the prosecution while seeking the DP? I would think it would have been the nail in her [CMJA] coffin.

Probably it would help to rebut the remorse claim. I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it seems inconsistent with remorse in much the same way as the email and voice mail to Travis were inconsistent with remorse.

As I've said before, I'm not sure there ever was an expert per se. We've only heard about the PI handling HD, and as for testimony, she has only 2 experts, both psych related.

I haven't seen anything about the PI getting the laptop. Are you guys sure about that?

Yes, I think so. I remember something about the PI being allowed to come pick up the computer.

See, this is what happens when you represent yourself Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07