Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

"Do you have a problem with your memory?" Lol. He asked detective Flores that I think.

2. Puzzler

Puzzler New Member

I'm with you on this one, although I understand the family's feelings. If JA gets natural life--SHE has to fund her own appeals. If she gets death, an appeal is automatic and all still on the public dime.

3. Nosey Parker

Nosey Parker A Brit in Canada

She hired this Bond while last acting pro per. I remember posting then, wondering if MDLR arranged it.

4. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon!

Hey, my first guess as to who Tony was...an ex-of J. Hope it's true!!! lol

5. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

Wouldn't surprise me at all, nosey. I was browsing through his website the other day. I also noted, as an OP did, the giant pic of Jodi on the front page. He specializes in investigations for defense attorneys these days, understanding the tactics of prosecutors and how to bring them down.

I think either he did the exam himself or he brought it to some computer friend who had zero idea how to conduct a proper forensic examination.

Shady, shady, shady.

6. cindymac

cindymac New Member

I certainly think he's going for a more edgy, vim and vigor look.

But no matter how hard he tries, it's still a case of St. Bernard v. Jack Russell, firecracker v. tea light, thunderstorm v. light drizzle.

7. Renee110

Renee110 Stop letting criminals off the Hook!

Instead of stating provable facts, she sounds like a romance novel complete with notions of impending doom for the star crossed lovers. I remember when those Twilight Books were huge and one of my boarders who was 16 at the time was just obsessed with the books. She talked me into reading them and lent them to me. In those books, Bella just couldn't live without Edward and in the second book was literally wasting away from unrequited love. That is what this expert seems to me to be trying to tell the jury. Haley, my boarder, was the same way. Her boyfriend broke up with her and she was acting like she was Bella. Silly. And no, people don't do crazy things for love. Not normal people. Not murder or character assassination. She's making it sound like JA had no choice. I rarely ever purposefully wish ill upon anyone, I figure life is hard enough and we all get stomped on sooner or later, but I really hope that Juan makes her as much a laughingstock as he did the other defense expert witnesses and I really hope she sees how wrong she is. It's always bothered me that ALV still believes JA was abused and TA was the abuser. Pretty scary stuff.

8. Foghorn

Foghorn New Member

Thank you! I read your post regarding MDLR and have the same thoughts and concerns.

9. Nosey Parker

Nosey Parker A Brit in Canada

Speedy recovery, Foghorn. :grouphug:

10. cindymac

cindymac New Member

Back in post #440 on this page,
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...g-of-Jodi-Arias-11-3-14-Hearing-Part-2/page18
    our illustrious and ever-helpful AZLawyer clarified the issue of appeal funding, saying:

UBM
    According to promoters of her (ahem) appelate fund, Arias' wants to be able to hire her own, top-notch appeal attorneys, rather than get what she's given.

11. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

I think ALV knows Travis didn't abuse Jodi. The mere fact she had to lie to cover up a Jodi lie makes that clear. But she wants to believe it. It's like the Anthony's to me. They can convince themselves on the surface they believe it. As long as they have that it's all that matters. But deep down inside in the dark parts they don't want to admit exist they know the truth.

I couldn't live with myself.

12. Steve44

Steve44 Active Member

She may have a vaster repertoire of tolerance than she's dipping into for this particular case.

13. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

I remember a motion to release property that was about the contents of Jodi's purse or something, though, too. And I'm not sure which motion is which.

14. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

The bolded part I can vouch for. I mainly saw Wilmcott do that a LOT during the first phase. It was like she was using this trial as a training opportunity and she started to use the same objections as Juan did.

She literally was copying his style and approach on objections.

If you get to see the first trial over, pay special attention to Wilmcott right at the beginning and I have to say IMO she was really bad at it. Once she saw how Juan did things, she started to copy him and then she got better over time.

I havent noticed so much about Nurmi because I tend to want to ignore him. :)

15. Foghorn

Foghorn New Member

I'm thinking--based on the silence from a certain, biased journalist--that the two day recess was needed for the defense and their reporter to regroup and figure out how to spin this hard drive disaster. What a total and complete cluster! :laughing:

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Juan Martinez?

16. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

Wait a minute.

Maybe you're right.

Because I remember sometime in October Nurmi was still trying to get a hold of the computer, I think jury selection had already begun. And Jodi wasn't representing herself anymore.

17. Forensic fan

Forensic fan Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UkM-_VmgA I found another Tony. I watched the allocution again, & when she was describing the photo with Darrel (at about 11:40 on the video) she said they were coming out of a restaurant in Monterey where their friend Tony played music.

18. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

My ipad is being a pain. I can't paste. Can someone google "#jodiarias want a hard drive pi will pick it up". It should lead to Jen's facebook and she talks about how she know if you scroll down on the comments.

Trying to find something more "oficial", but yeah, ipad is being a pain.
    Eta: Nevermind https://www.facebook.com/thetrialdiaries/posts/478817698921430

19. T-4-2

T-4-2 Member

JW: Isn't it true that you refused to sell my client a strawberry frappuccino?
    Befuddled Witness: I work at a sushi bar, not a Starbucks.
    JW: It's a simple yes or no question. Isn't it true that you refused to sell my client a strawberry frappuccino?
    BW: We don't sell strawberry frappuccinos. We don't sell frappuccinos, or any blended beverages of any kind, with or without strawberries. I work at a sushi bar.
    JW: I understand you want the jury to know you work at a sushi bar, but now answer my question. Did you or did you not sell my client a strawberry frappuccino?
    BW: I did not, for the reason I previously highlighted.
    JW: So now suddenly you're agreeing with me?
    BW: Agreeing that I did sell your client a strawberry frappuccino or agreeing that I did not?
    JW: Why do you refuse to answer this question?
    BW: I am not refusing to answer. I asked for a clarification, which you have not yet provided.
    And on and on, for all eternity.

Attached Files:

20. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Somehow, it always comes back to poor decision by this Judge. I can see the defense saying, "But your Honor approved of our PI picking up the hard drive. We had nothing to do with him falsifying anything. It was your Honors fault.". Come on JSS, stop catering to this defense!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.