Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/11-14 ~weekend~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I ask, what does *advertiser censored* have to do with a brutal murder? Seems like comparing apples to oranges to me.

I have to admit, I'd like to have heard whether the "*advertiser censored*" that PS found were the same as those found on the unallocated spaces found on the camera's memory card.

Anyone have an idea what this means?

12/9/2014 SDO - Order to Seal Documents - Party (001) 12/12/2014
NOTE: NOTICE OF SELF DISCLOSURE

Another piece for MDLR aka 'Art Administrator' to hawk.

I have two questions:
1) Where did Arias get this photograph to copy, and
2) Did she ask the hated media photographer for permission to trace and sell it?

BBM You mean the she's been posing for? I'm pretty sure there's at least one every day she's in court where it's pretty obvious that she's either looking directly at the camera or posing for a "good" shot.

That was in October 2007. Jodi also took left over honey chicken to Travis. She said it would get soggy so she had to rush it right over. Just another stupid "reason" to go to Travis's.

In the I walked in and Travis was busy with the paper that falls in he chaotic way that paper does, it was a porcelain angel.

The stealth trip to Mesa where Jodi brought her second external drive, or in the same interview with Det. Flores she said three cd's of photos. In the external drive story she said Travis was looking a the photos and in the second the cd's wouln't load. That was the final time she access to Travis's computer.

BBM That was the day she murdered him, right? As for the laptop, I'd like to know if there were tracks left on it showing any remote activity(logging in from a different ip, than his, kind of thing), anyone know if that would be possible? Any remote tracks should also should what activity was engaged in, web stuff, email, file transfers...

This article and comments are from Feb of this year

LOL duh. I honestly didn't notice that. I just saw the date of Oct. 22.
Well, ironically JA must have filed a motion to get rid of KN on October 22, 2013 as well? I just reread that article, and it has even more pages than her newest Oct.22 2014

From article I posted earlier:
The first of the two fresh motions by Arias' defense team asks the judge to withhold from the jury any information about the 15-page handwritten letter, in which she told the judge she doesn't trust defense lawyer Kirk Nurmi, he doesn't like her, and that he has an "utter poverty of people skills."

If the new jury hears about an October 22 handwritten motion Arias made for a change of counsel, both of her lawyers will have to withdraw from the case, one of the new motions states.

This is the motion from this October 22, 2014, it's only 12 pages :smile:
http://wildabouttrial.com/court_docs...mi-motion.pdf#

Jodi likes that October 22 date

I'm hoping any of you computer smart techie people can explain something for me. (Since I don't even know how to screen shot or copy/paste tweets.)

By waking the computer in 2008, what would have actually changed? I mean, did it just update the software and delete viruses? I get that they would prefer to have things just as they were, but would it actually change important things if no one entered any commands?

When the state said there were no viruses would that mean there weren't any because the software had just gotten rid of them when it was turned on, or are the viruses still there but just inactivated?

TIA

This is a confusing area. In theory, waking a computer can cause something that was waiting to run to actually run, which could do anything. Most likely it wasn't in the middle of running something already, or else it wouldn't have gone into sleep mode, but you could have automatic updates that kicked off for example, or maybe viruses doing their nastiness.

The logical thing would seem to be to pull off the battery and unplug power before touching the keyboard, but that could also be problematic. For example, if you were in the middle of editing a file or an email but hadn't saved it yet, that could be lost if you remove power.

So I don't think there is a perfect answer.

I am really curious about that filing in Colie's post #182 above. Self disclosure?

This is a confusing area. In theory, waking a computer can cause something that was waiting to run to actually run, which could do anything. Most likely it wasn't in the middle of running something already, or else it wouldn't have gone into sleep mode, but you could have automatic updates that kicked off for example, or maybe viruses doing their nastiness.

The logical thing would seem to be to pull off the battery and unplug power before touching the keyboard, but that could also be problematic. For example, if you were in the middle of editing a file or an email but hadn't saved it yet, that could be lost if you remove power.

So I don't think there is a perfect answer.

BBM

That's what I don't get. Why bother to touch the keyboard if the power is off and no battery etc? What would be the point of the DT to go 'look' at the computer if it was never powered on? OBVIOUSLY the DT wanted it on and powered up or what would be the point in going there?

BBM ~
Wasn't it Travis's roommate that she so kindly took that honey chicken to? IIRC ~ she remembered that he liked it, and she just "happened" to be able to her grimy paws on some from work (I think?? )
That makes it even more awkward to show up unannounced at Travis's house to drop by food for his roommate.

Ps I could be wrong though ILTBP :smile:

Hmm, do you recall if it was for the roommate that TA allegedly booted for his inappropriate attitude to women?

As much as Kiefer appears to be bias, I think he is anti DP more than anything.

And that belief is what makes his reporting so biased. If he wants to be a "reporter" he's got to take that out of the equation when he writes his articles otherwise his pieces need to be printed in the opinion section and not the news.

LOL duh. I honestly didn't notice that. I just saw the date of Oct. 22.
Well, ironically JA must have filed a motion to get rid of KN on October 22, 2013 as well? I just reread that article, and it has even more pages than her newest Oct.22 2014

From article I posted earlier:
The first of the two fresh motions by Arias' defense team asks the judge to withhold from the jury any information about the 15-page handwritten letter, in which she told the judge she doesn't trust defense lawyer Kirk Nurmi, he doesn't like her, and that he has an "utter poverty of people skills."

If the new jury hears about an October 22 handwritten motion Arias made for a change of counsel, both of her lawyers will have to withdraw from the case, one of the new motions states.

This is the motion from this October 22, 2014, it's only 12 pages :smile:
http://wildabouttrial.com/court_docs...mi-motion.pdf#

Jodi likes that October 22 date

Great ...... Oct 22 is my birthday [emoji20]

I wonder if that Notice of Self Disclosure is the State saying they did find something discovery related? IIRC Perry was just starting to analyze Dworkin's copy, or it may just be that they are verifying info now found that was missed b/c they didn't look for it originally? I can't see the Defense ever admitting anything, so I'm guessing it's the State's disclosure.

I'm hoping any of you computer smart techie people can explain something for me. (Since I don't even know how to screen shot or copy/paste tweets.)

By waking the computer in 2008, what would have actually changed? I mean, did it just update the software and delete viruses? I get that they would prefer to have things just as they were, but would it actually change important things if no one entered any commands?

When the state said there were no viruses would that mean there weren't any because the software had just gotten rid of them when it was turned on, or are the viruses still there but just inactivated?

TIA

I'm not sure either, but I hit print and it asked me if I want to print page and it saves it.

I was looking through various messages from TA and JA on a web page that was linked by a member. The very bottom message on the page I have linked has some reference to iTunes? Does anybody know what the rest of the conversation is? [pic bottom right with join date nov written underneath image]

http://pixgood.com/jodi-arias-text-messages.html

I wonder if that Notice of Self Disclosure is the State saying they did find something discovery related? IIRC Perry was just starting to analyze Dworkin's copy, or it may just be that they are verifying info now found that was missed b/c they didn't look for it originally? I can't see the Defense ever admitting anything, so I'm guessing it's the State's disclosure.

What IYO might have been found that is discovery related?

To me, the only thing would be child *advertiser censored* and I seriously doubt any was found.

Unless it is to say *advertiser censored* was found and they are filing because it was initially believed there was none to find? That may not be discovery related but it might be something they would want to disclose anyway.

After all this wondering, we will probably find out it is something routine that doesn't amount to much. Just because it is under seal does not mean it is important...not in a case where most everything is under seal.

Good synopsis and conclusion Boytwnmom, I don't see how anything found in the registry of his laptop could be of evidentiary value, the computer wasn't password protected and he had roommates (and JA) in his house when he wasn't home, and it was a pre-owned computer, there's no way to tie any activity or registry entry on that computer to him. They do know it had viruses/malware and many of them load *advertiser censored* and fake 'cleaners' onto a computer and redirect to other sites, the whole thing is a red herring to raise issues that in my mind don't exist. Nurmi would love to be able to bedazzle the jury with balderdash over this, I'm hopeful the judge can see through it and simply deny this motion, there is no prosecution misconduct here and that's all she really needs to see, imo.

I wouldn't mind seeing the courts getting a little more geekified though, when someone testifies that they have blood at the scene but not enough dna to tie it to anyone, the court understand what that means, same with a hard drive, you have registry entries but it doesn't necessarily point to any individual in particular, these sorts of computer issues shouldn't be as much of a mystery as they still seem to be. Anyhow, good job, I always enjoy reading your posts. :)

The original owner of the laptop was DeAnna Reid, and I don't see her and pron. I can't remember if she gave or sold the laptop to him. She is/was listed as owner/ad, Travis never changed it.

I wonder if Nurmi/Wilmott were aware that the first defense attorneys were present in the room with JM and EF on June 9. Did they think it was just JM and EF and decided to file the prosecution misconduct charge without investigating who all was present in the room. When did they find out about this det from Detroit? And he didn't remember much and the state probably paid for a plane ticket for his five minutes of fame.
I'm pretty sure they had no idea. Probably just heard from Dworkin that files had been deleted on that date and matched it to Flores checking it out of evidence. After doing a very happy dance and high fiving each other for uncovering this dastardly deed, JW fired off that motion accusing the state of intentionally hiding evidence. I kind of wish JM had just held onto that information until the hearing, because I imagine their reaction was priceless!
BTW, that detective was a *former* Detroit detective. He now works for the same legal aid group in Maricopa County where the two former lawyers work, so there was no expense to be covered.

I was looking through various messages from TA and JA on a web page that was linked by a member. The very bottom message on the page I have linked has some reference to iTunes? Does anybody know what the rest of the conversation is? [pic bottom right with join date nov written underneath image]

http://pixgood.com/jodi-arias-text-messages.html

You might read some of this thread.... post #20. I don't recall ever seeing the finish of the text though. IIRC, it was a text from Travis to CMJA.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AY-41-*may-contain-graphic-and-adult-content*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member