Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi was planning the trips to Yreka before May 12th when it's mentioned in the sex phone call tape. She knew then he wasn't coming there. He told her that he was under a lot of stress because she wouldn't tell him what she had planned. Jodi wrote that she was to sing the national anthem at a race car race the weekend of May 24th. Jodi went looking for a tree so Travis could tie her to it. I wonder if Matt M. could of been hiding somewhere taking pictures and making a video for more blackmail?

On May 18th the helio was "stolen" , and May 22nd she got a new phone and finally had the" conversation" , sort of, with Travis, she'd put it an email that she sent a few days ago. She gushes about how happy she is for Travis and Mimi. Travis had a UFC party at his house that weekend and meets a "cutie". May 26 Travis unloads on her.

I've read this several times and Jodi knows that she's going to make Travis pay for all his transgressions against her to date.

Wednesday, 5- 14 -08

from the book Jesus the Christ, by James Talmages
"if others owe us, either in actual money or goods, as suggested by debts and debtors, or through some infringement upon our rights, included under the broader designation as a trespass, our mode of dealing with them will be taken into righteous account in the judgement of our own offenses,"

The end of Feb Jodi was in Vegas...she returned to Mesa on Feb 26 and that was the pop rock/tootsie pop session. She says Travis was different. He was kind to her. Said he wanted them to have something special. They went all the way again She says she knows he likes MiMi any maybe she's the one. She claims to be happy for Travis and says she loves him so completely and unconditionally

Fri, Feb 29 2008 is when she writes that she fell asleep after cleaning his house and was there when MiMi and Travis got home from their "2nd 1/2 date"

March 1, she and Travis go to the tax seminar and she tells him of her plan to return to Yreka and he gave her three soft kisses

March 7,8,9 she flew back for Aimee's wedding
Travis picked her up from the airport

They both leave on a road trip the next week and by March 13 they are in Roswell NM touring the museum. Then they go to Carlsbad Caverns. She writes they went to a hotel and were so tired that they behaved themselves until the next morning. She also writes she knows Travis is worried about getting married but unfortunately, MiMi isn't that interested in him

March 14-16 they were in OKC for the PPL national convention
March 18 she's in systems training. Wrote that they both drove some on the way back. That Travis is fun to travel with. He likes to experience things. They both ate fried lamb testicles at Cattlemans Steakhouse. "He is amazing and means the world to me. I want him to be happy "
Wednesday March 19. Fell asleep with Tdogg on love sack watching The Sopranos. Writes how she will miss him and Napoleon

It was at the March ppl convention that she met Ryan Burns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iirc, in her apology for taking TA's ring, JA indicated she knew his finding it gone had caused him distress, i.e. it was important to him. As far back as Bobby, I bet JA took items from boyfriends that were sure to be missed eventually but not immediately, forcing the owner to contact her again. She took the stolen dvd player to Darryl on her way to Mesa, but didn't she neglect to give him the remote control? That's the type of ploy JA utilized to prevent "escapees" from severing all ties with her forever.

That makes so much sense.

He gave an interview where he said he trusted Jodi with his most precious gift, his son.

Let's start with why you're here today. What is it that you wanted to say in that court room today that you didn't get the chance to say

Darryl Brewer:
Well, I needed to tell the jury that there was a whole nother life to Jodi Ann Arias. A life where she was cherished and responsible and respected and loving and caring and I just don't feel that that's gotten across

Interviewer:
What would you have said to them?

Darryl Brewer:
Well, I would have said to them that I knew a girl who was mature beyond her years, that was an excellent worker, a good friend, a good caregiver, a good caretaker. I trusted Jodi with my most prized...I don't want to use the word possession ... I trusted her with my son, the most important thing in my life. And I had no reason to ever doubt or ever to fear for his safety when he was with Jodi
BBM Keep telling yourself that Darryl.

I've always wondered why she didn't go to work at one of the Bunny places in Vegas, weren't they legal back then?

I mean she would have fit in perfectly imo made money lots of sex..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely sure she didn't trade sex for $$$ or other favors. Gus Searcy (two days in his motorhome- a new phone), for example.Also, guy from internet cafe who gave her money for her last trip to Mesa. And Matt and his buddy - she spent the night with them and then voila, made two cash deposits into her WaMu account in Monterey.
Of course, only my opinion.

During the call, they were planning "trips" for the months of May, June, July, so I doubt there were pre-recorded.

MOO
May, June and July of WHAT YEAR? By this time, in all evidence that I have seen, Travis was not having a relationship with her. He had moved on. She was not having it!

If he appeased her about stealing his ring then is quite possible IMO that she was daydreaming about all the fun they would have and he was not confronting her. The tape is spliced together. Is the sexy part a year old?

I wonder if any of his friends told him to just continue to be nice to her and DON'T DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HER MAD!

They sure told her name to the police right away when his body was found.

IIRC Flores noticed cuts and scratches on her arm? hand? when he interrogated her on the day of her arrest. She said it was her cat. Is there any evidence she even had a cat?

She writes about her cat a lot in the journals..Luna iirc

Where is the ring?

I am really curious to see the list of items listed in the search warrant for her grandparents house and to see a list of the items taken during that search. Hopefully I will see them one day when all the info is released.

Someone recently asked about the origin of the ludicrous Monet/van Gogh reference. I don't remember who brought this up, or where, or when, so I'm responding here.

Everybody please swallow your coffee or whatever, OK? We all ready? It was Jodi herself who introduced this helpful tidbit, during jury questions.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/06/ijvm.01.html

STEPHENS: Sustained. "Why did you plan on going to see John Dixon when you were on your way to Utah to see Ryan?"

ARIAS: John Dixon was a friend, although there was somewhat of an interest there. It was nothing that I ever let grow, because he wasn`t a church member, so it would be kind of a poor investment of my heart to get attached to somebody who is not a member of the church.

What I was going down there for is he had a friend who either owned a gallery or ran a gallery where he hung some of the greats such as Van Gogh and Monet. And when I told him I painted, he said, "We could make a space in this gallery for you. I could hang it right next to a Monet or Van Gogh." It sounded like a very big -- it sounded like a very exciting thing for me, because one of my goals at that time was to get my paintings into galleries.
------

Oh, Jodi. This is what I love so much about you. You sound like you're chitchatting with someone in line at Starbucks even when you're testifying in your defense in a (potentially capital) murder trial! What a gal.

View attachment 68919

I suppose she interpreted this question as a thinly veiled "*advertiser censored*" accusation, which it probably was. Never one to take the "less is more" approach, she just couldn't stop talking after "John Dixon was a friend," no matter how hard Willmott and Nurmi prayed to their god to pleeeeeeze make Jodi shut up. And so... we're off.

No reason for anyone to believe any of this, but who cares.

Romantic specifics, who cares.

"Church" specifics, who cares.

No one cares about what may or may not be a "poor investment" of her "heart" because obviously she doesn't have one.

It just so happens she had a super innocent, non-sexual/financial/alibi-related reason to see John Dixon and it just so happens that this reason makes her look awesome: John Dixon knew a guy! Who owned an art gallery! Or maybe just ran one! (Jodi doesn't know and nobody cares.) This was a great art gallery with great art by great artists like Monet and van Gogh (who are two great artists Jodi has evidently heard of). And I guess Jodi had talked to this guy before? And told him she paints? And without even seeing her paintings he offers to hang her stuff in the gallery right next to a Monet! Or a van Gogh! Because that's totally how art galleries work.

So I guess maybe this is all somehow relevant, because why else would Jodi bring it up. She leaves out the part where she goes into any credible detail about the guy, the gallery, showing him any actual surface that she personally put paint on... none of which matters anyway because nobody cares.

What she does want everyone to know, though, is that this guy and this gallery and this offer were exciting! Because she had this goal, see, at that time, of getting her paintings into galleries. Now she's in jail for something or other and it's totally getting in the way of her goals.

Nobody cares. Nobody believes her. And yet she just keeps talking....

View attachment 68912 View attachment 68910 View attachment 68909

Oh, "T", how I have missed your hilarious posts. This one was worth the wait. I'm especially ROFLMAO at your own mini-gallery at the end of the post. Yep, I can definitely see how this would work for the gallery LOLOLOLOL.

And it was me that asked about the reference a few days ago. Thanks for taking the time to sleuth it out. :)

He gave an interview where he said he trusted Jodi with his most precious gift, his son.

Let's start with why you're here today. What is it that you wanted to say in that court room today that you didn't get the chance to say

Darryl Brewer:
Well, I needed to tell the jury that there was a whole nother life to Jodi Ann Arias. A life where she was cherished and responsible and respected and loving and caring and I just don't feel that that's gotten across

Interviewer:
What would you have said to them?

Darryl Brewer:
Well, I would have said to them that I knew a girl who was mature beyond her years, that was an excellent worker, a good friend, a good caregiver, a good caretaker. I trusted Jodi with my most prized...I don't want to use the word possession ... I trusted her with my son, the most important thing in my life. And I had no reason to ever doubt or ever to fear for his safety when he was with Jodi

Yes, but his son wasn't going to Cancun with Mimi Hall.

Ok, something has been bugging me.

WTH did JA have TAs engagement ring for, and he seemed ok about it?
While "cleaning" for him, she stole it. Don't know why he'd have been okay with it, unless he was afraid of upsetting her. She probably viewed it as her engagement ring, since she told her father they were getting married. She probably wouldn't have cared that Travis hadn't bought it for her.

Sigh....she has a point, yet I hope Juan is able to point out in closing how many times the murderess's story has changed over time, and that in the 1st trial the DT fought the BPD diagnosis tooth and nail. Now they are playing it up big time and they had the Geff bring up the idea of her being bi-polar as well :gaah:

it's another good example of her "chameleon-like" behavior(s).

I disagree. First of all, Nurmi was extremely contentious and disrespectful towards DeMarte, and he didn't try to use the BPD towards his mitigation, he tried to get DeMarte to admit to the PTSD which she gave no ground on! This opinion of Beth's makes me glad I didn't try to sign up for her private site.

Nurmi presented this one as from June 2008... from before she took her roadtrip obviously.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/19/jodi-arias-testifies-day-7-live-blog

"4:21 p.m. ET: Defense attorney Nurmi presented this picture to the jury to show them what Arias' hair looked like in June 2008."
dogpic_0.jpg

Arias is the one on the left.

I think so. To be truthful though, whenever the defense speaks I tune out a lot. On Thursday I fell asleep after lunch and totally missed out on the hullabaloo about Jodi freaking out because Nurmi was not impeaching Dr. deMarte. Don't know what I missed. Jodi was supposedly having a fit and trial started late after lunch and for all we know, maybe she was in the ladies room. Lol. Going back and reading what BK had to say, it did sound like Nurmi did a good job of turning a prosecution witness into a defense witness for a bit, even though he was rude to her. I just don't believe Jodi has any real mitigating factors. But then, I wouldn't give Jodi the time of day or an inch, if I was a juror. I am biased. :)

Curious, I had to smile with your genteel use of the term "ladies room". I have a bit of an "issue" when it comes to using private restrooms. I'm even shy using the bathroom in a hotel room when my hubby is within "earshot", IYKWIM. So I can't even imagine how mortifying it must be to have to do your "business", especially if your're having "#2" issues, in a jail cell. I recall reading somewhere that when she does go to the "ladies room" she is accompanied by a court officer (bailiff?). I'm pretty sure I would have performance issues in that case. Even worse, it's quite possible that she has to use the toilet in the holding cell. Maybe prisoners get used to being so exposed in that regard, but in JA's case, I hope it is torture for her. MOO.

Dearest Lambie,
I am so sorry for getting off topic. I thought you said the down time was a little relaxed?
I am also sorry for calling JA a dummy. I meant it. I cannot promise that it will not happen again because she really is a dummy and sometimes the words just fall from my mouth in that chaotic way words fall from one's mouth and onto their iPad, or bed, or their feet, or whatever!
My humble apologies.
Sincerely,
With greatest respect,
Your humble servant,
ICit

Whether the jury is to take this into consideration or not ........they WILL. It really goes to show how totally unremorseful she truly is ........even now.

That would weigh heavy with me if I was on this case. I would also have to consider how many more victims she has made by all of her blatant lies she has told about the man she murdered.

Yet Zervakos saw it her way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member