Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Insanity" doesn't take the DP or LWOP off the table in Arizona, you're found "Guilty, but insane", spend your time in a hospital for the criminally insane, and if you ever get "normal" you do the rest of your sentence in the "Big House" or "Death Row". <--That and her ego is more than likely WHY that option never came up when the trial started last year. She really thought she could beat these charges.
idol1-smiley.gif

Thanks. And ugh. This is not going to be over anytime soon.

It is popularly suggested that cockroaches will "inherit the earth" if humanity destroys itself in a nuclear war. Cockroaches do indeed have a much higher radiation resistance than vertebrates, with the lethal dose perhaps six to 15 times that for humans. However, they are not exceptionally radiation-resistant compared to other insects, such as the fruit fly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroach#Hardiness

I believe the post-apocalyptic cockroaches and fruit flies will not be altogether alone.

I agree.

I think cameras should be allowed because citizens have a right to see legal proceedings; they should not happen in secret. On the other hand, I hate the idea of Arias gaining even more fame and fortune because her killer face is plastered on TV screens again...through at least December for crying out loud.

I want to see this play out but I do not want her to gain from it in any way. So I, too, am torn.

I think the word is "infamy", I think I saw a pic of CMJA right next to definition:

*the state of being well known for some bad quality or deed*

What should really be telling is all those sealed minutes and documents, and when they'll be "un-sealed".:thinking:

I think the word is "infamy", I think I saw a pic of CMJA right next to definition:

*the state of being well known for some bad quality or deed*

What should really be telling is all those sealed minutes and documents, and when they'll be "un-sealed".:thinking:

Infamy is correct. I should have put "fame and fortune" in quotes because I was speaking sarcastically-- in reference to how she can sell her art for big bucks ONLY because she slaughtered another human being and gets TV time to talk about what a horrid person he was and why he needed killing. I want to puke every time I think of it.

David Bodney did an outstanding job of arguing his motion to allow coverage of the penalty trial. I'm sure he always does. I have everything crossed that his persuasive points won the day. Hear hear ! for the First Amendment and thank you, Mr. Bodney.

Exactly. She attempted to clean up the crime scene, removed weapons, not to mention what preparation she did before she even arrived in Mesa. All of it shows premeditation, nothing points to a heat-of-the-moment snap.

--------
krkrjx, I cracked up when I read your post. Now don't get upset, its funny! I thought a bit, yes she did all the things you mentioned ~ but very wisely left her palm print in their blood~ a camera in the washer with all the pictures on it including hers. :laughcry: :hilarious: Only Jodi could think so far ahead...I just started to roar!

What I found interesting was that she tested average on everything but very high on verbal. Yet she has a low reading level. This signals an abnormal disconnect often seen in sociopaths.
Verbal skills are her stock-in-trade, so possibly a consequence of being of a well-practiced liar?

--------
krkrjx, I cracked up when I read your post. Now don't get upset, its funny! I thought a bit, yes she did all the things you mentioned ~ but very wisely left her palm print in their blood~ a camera in the washer with all the pictures on it including hers. :laughcry: :hilarious: Only Jodi could think so far ahead...I just started to roar!

Thank goodness she's a genius! And smarter than her attorneys, not to mention Juan.

Verbal skills are her stock-in-trade, so possibly a consequence of being of a well-practiced liar?

I think you've hit the nail on the head!!!:drumroll:

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. Maybe it boils down to priorities? Perhaps the disparity between her high-scoring expressive abilities and her low-scoring receptive/comprehensive abilities is just another indication of her self-centeredness. That is, her primary interest is in what she says, and she tailors her speech (both tone and content) to get the desired reaction from the desired people. That's really what we all do to some extent, but Jodi has a special knack for turning normal into abnormal.

So maybe while she's busy spinning her own little webs, she just doesn't pay too much attention to what other people say (or write). Unless it's about her -- in which case her little ears prick right up.

I wonder if her efforts to portray herself as an insightful and prolific reader are intended to make a weakness seem like a strength.

...or maybe she's just a fast talker. :cool:

ETA: Which is another way of saying what Cindymac just said.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. Maybe it boils down to priorities? Perhaps the disparity between her high-scoring expressive abilities and her low-scoring receptive/comprehensive abilities is just another indication of her self-centeredness. That is, her primary interest is in what she says, and she tailors her speech (both tone and content) to get the desired reaction from the desired people. That's really what we all do to some extent, but Jodi has a special knack for turning normal into abnormal.

So maybe while she's busy spinning her own little webs, she just doesn't pay too much attention to what other people say (or write). Unless it's about her -- in which case her little ears prick right up.

I wonder if her efforts to portray herself as an insightful and prolific reader are intended to make a weakness seem like a strength.

BBM:

What you wrote is what I believe. Remember that video when Travis was telling everyone about what happened when a gun was pulled on him? She just lies there, bored (and imo was lying there staking her claim in front of everyone; like a dog peeing on a tree). If the story isn't about her or she isn't the one talking, she isn't interested.

--------

Oh yeah, she's a genius, right?? She believes she's on the same level as Einstein!

What kind of fool takes photos of their victim before, during and after she kills, then leaves the camera--which also contains pics of herself--at the scene?!!

And in addition...she drags the body of her victim into the shower to clean her DNA off him but leaves her bloody.palm.print.on.the.wall!!!

If it weren't for the fact that there is a victim in all this, we'd all be laughing our butts off on a daily basis.

The killer is a show-off and an exhibitionist. She has sought out t.v. interviews. Yet she has been consistent in this penalty retrial, she does not want cameras in the courtroom covering the action. She says they damage her case. Unless one has rolled over her foot, I don't see it. Cameras capture actuality. Yes, we saw her rude gestures and fierce scribbling and her confession on the stand but that was all her, acting out. I'm wondering if she isn't merely making a record, with her appeal in mind. Register an objection to camera coverage, suffer defeat in that and claim it hurt her cause. Not at all convincing without proof of harm but it was just one more thing that went against her and marred her plans.

I'm not getting what difference the cameras will make in this case. The jury can probably see more of her actions than we can. They just can't rewind and play it back. But seeing it first hand has to make a greater impression than what we see on camera. The case is over except for sentencing. She has had a year to make nice and it appears she is the same. Camera caught JA running her finger across her neck twice in a cutting motion when she did not like what JM was saying. How many more times did she do it that the camera did not catch but that some on the jury did? Actions that show total disregard for Travis' family. If witnesses are telling the truth they have no reason to hide. Perfect example is they hid Darryl's face during his testimony and afterwards there he was giving an interview for MSM for all the world to see.

If you are telling the truth you have nothing to hide and should be willing to speak up on her behalf. It's not as if no one will ever know. jmo

Yes, come to think of it, what difference will it make if witnesses are filmed instead of written about? People following the trial are going to read about them, regardless. How would the act of filming them be any sort of grounds for appeal?

I'm not getting what difference the cameras will make in this case. The jury can probably see more of her actions than we can. They just can't rewind and play it back. But seeing it first hand has to make a greater impression than what we see on camera. The case is over except for sentencing. She has had a year to make nice and it appears she is the same. Camera caught JA running her finger across her neck twice in a cutting motion when she did not like what JM was saying. How many more times did she do it that the camera did not catch but that some on the jury did? Actions that show total disregard for Travis' family. If witnesses are telling the truth they have no reason to hide. Perfect example is they hid Darryl's face during his testimony and afterwards there he was giving an interview for MSM for all the world to see.

If you are telling the truth you have nothing to hide and should be willing to speak up on her behalf. It's not as if no one will ever know. jmo

The problem is the defense is trying to create the appeal issue that the trial was affected by outside sources. They're saying their witnesses wouldn't testify because people we're watching the trial and got too involved and threatened them. The televised trial incited the public and closing it off is a way to keep people from getting too involved (and let's face it, people do get too involved). The defense is trying to create a catch 22. If they allow cameras they'll appeal that the trial wasn't fair. If they don't they can say the first trial was affected by the cameras and that the judge closed off cameras the second time shows this.

Now I am NOT saying I buy any of this and Juan did a very good job making records of why witness actually didn't testify. But that's what it is.

The problem is the defense is trying to create the appeal issue that the trial was affected by outside sources. They're saying their witnesses wouldn't testify because people we're watching the trial and got too involved and threatened them. The televised trial incited the public and closing it off is a way to keep people from getting too involved (and let's face it, people do get too involved). The defense is trying to create a catch 22. If they allow cameras they'll appeal that the trial wasn't fair. If they don't they can say he first trial was affected by the cameras and that the judge closed off cameras the first time shows this.

Now I am NOT saying I buy any of this and Juan did a very good job making records of why witness actually didn't testify. But that's what it is.

Then it's a very good thing that Bodney mentioned case law and that the judge is looking into it. Very smart move on his part.

Hopefully this is okay to post in this thread. Can someone please post that picture of JA where she is seen in the reflection of the shower door while taking pics of Travis? Not the reflection of her in Travis' eye. It was specifically the shower door. I tried looking for it yesterday to no avail. Thanks in advance

If the defense witness list is published everyone will know who is testifying. If the witness list is sealed no one will know who will be called so televising it would make no difference. Cameras have nothing to do with the witnesses because it's a public trial and anyone in the courtroom can and do tweet the name and what they "supposedly" testified to. Seems like witnesses would want those cameras so there would be no mistake as to what they actually testified to. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken