Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he's a impromptu Jury Consultant? I wanna be one too.[emoji4]

Let's hope the State of Arizona is not billed for Zervakos' interview by the defense attorneys. Seriously, this could happen.

Got my HUGE yard mowed (all of 10 minutes) :happydance:. Last time for the season probably.

Jury selection continues soon?

Let's hope the State of Arizona is not billed for Zervakos' interview by the defense attorneys. Seriously, this could happen.

I'm sure it did happen.

No reason to think it didn't.

They're not working pro bono, and they bill for every partial hour they spend on CMJA's case, so...

(As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

Conference @ 10:00 (AZ time)
Jury selection resumes @ 10:30 (AZ time)

Where is everybody? Am I on the wrong thread?

:seeya: You're on the right thread, TL !

BBM: JMO but if JSS would have allowed cameras in the courtroom for this re-trial, there would be a lot more peeps here watching !

Totally agree with everything but what I have bolded.

I believe an appeal will be filed on that issue, but will not be successful. There would have to be some proof that cameras in the courtroom caused the verdict to go the way it did and that had this not been televised the verdict would have been different. I cannot figure any way that anyone could convince an appeals court that the killer would have likely been found not guilty if the trial had not been televised. Her witnesses refusing to testify? BS on that one. They could have been subpoenaed. Or testified off camera. Nope--they didn't testify because they feared what could happen to them if the LIED under oath. IMO.

Here's the kicker: If they testify this time, and lie because they feel more comfy doing so without a camera in the room, they should still fear what could happen to them. Again, IMO.
Oh, I agree that I don't think any appeal on this issue will be successful, due to the convict's constant courting of the media for her self-aggrandizement (love that term), but you just know they will try because she gave them a reason to do so. The witnesses could have asked to have their identity masked while on the stand, just like they did with Darryl Brewer in the guilt phase. (Although, his concern should have been with his hands being visible, not his face, lol. :blushing:). However, that still didn't stop him from immediately going straight to the media to give an exclusive interview. :gaah: I'm just so sick of the convict and her defense team constantly playing these games.

Oh, I agree that I don't think any appeal on this issue will be successful, due to the convict's constant courting of the media for her self-aggrandizement (love that term), but you just know they will try because she gave them a reason to do so. The witnesses could have asked to have their identity masked while on the stand, just like they did with Darryl Brewer in the guilt phase. (Although, his concern should have been with his hands being visible, not his face, lol. :blushing:). However, that still didn't stop him from immediately going straight to the media to give an exclusive interview. :gaah: I'm just so sick of the convict and her defense team constantly playing these games.

BBM ... and they will continue to play them until sentence is passed, and for years to come. :gaah:

I'm sure it did happen.

No reason to think it didn't.

They're not working pro bono, and they bill for every partial hour they spend on CMJA's case, so...

Oh, the attorneys will bill for the time they spent on the interview. I was thinking more along the lines of Zervakos being paid as a consultant in the case. Or whatever the DT chooses to call him.

I agree the judge helped to give them a reason by not being consistent with her decision about allowing TV cameras. She should have stayed consistent with the 1st phase and allowed them.

By being inconsistent, she has provided an argument for the defense to say that the judge must have realized that cameras really can impact the trial which is why they were disallowed this time around.

I think it was a really bad move to not stay consistent. I am concerned about an appeal for this sort of thing.

This is the sort of thing that kind of goes back to things I have brought up before about the judge favoring JA so much that she could be causing some possible appeal issues herself. And I think the defense is purposely trying to cause these types of things. Kind of a like a self-fulfilling prophecy. The defense hammers the judge for favors and then the judge thinks by giving the defense what they want she will prevent any appeal issues, but rather, it has the opposite effect of creating one.

Here is an extreme ridiculous example of what I mean so its more plain to see what I am meaning....

Defense: Judge, can we go over to a jury member and discuss something since its very important to us?
Judge: Well, just to be nice and avoid any appeal issues, I suppose just this 1 time it will be OK.

After the trial, the defense then files an appeal saying that one of the attorneys (themselves) talked with a jury member in private during the trial before the jury even deliberated.

We all realize that is a ridiculous example and the judge would deny this request, but its the exact same thing as the Video "thing". The defense is being very calculated and sneaky in trying to ask for things so that once granted they can go back at end of trial and appeal the case based on something they themselves caused and was granted by the judge.

This is why it is so important the judge stays firm and should not be afraid to make tough decisions so long as there is legal basis to do so.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6m 6 minutes ago

At the courthouse waiting. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4m 4 minutes ago

The only people I recognize are Tanisha and her husband waiting outside the courtroom. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 55s 55 seconds ago

Inside the media closet. Judge sherry is hearing others cases at the moment. #jodiarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 33s 32 seconds ago

Apparently I'm know as a trouble maker here in the media closet. #jodiarias ��

----------

:hilarious: :hilarious:

10687155_299691700224413_1803764421248707095_n.jpg

:doorhide::judge:

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 26s 26 seconds ago

We might be allowed in the courtroom for this 10:00am hearing. I hope my seat is still molded to my body from last trial. #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Kirk has on a hot pink tie today...nice, nice #jodiarias

I may be alone with this, but I think the defense team is GREAT to try every single trick in the book. I want no stone unturned now so there is no grounds for appeal. Put Jodi away and forget about her.

Hatfield..I like your "appeal" scenario. I nodded in agreement while reading every word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313