Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly. That's a heck of a lot of gleaning!

I weeded out the texts that had NOTHING to do with the jury selection. Tried to Bold/Underline the jurors who were selected. But, there were many others selected and the media wasn't specific. Once they are, we can go back here and figure out which juror they were actually talking about and describing. I think, there is a method to my madness. Haha. Hopefully, they are reading here and get the hint. Use juror #'s and give specific information. They jump around too quick.

You can also copy and paste this into a word document and use that as a reference...quick scan when they call up the jurors. ;-)

What I find sad about this case is that there surely was a time, well before the inevitable became obvious, that our friend Travis felt a longing and desire to be with Jodi. Perhaps he too had thoughts of a wonderful future, the thoughts of trust, family, serenity, peace, with a companion to ride out the waves of the ages, together in solidarity in love and respect. Surely that vision was short-lived, but the point is that it was not unilateral initially. Instead, the calming vision came forth as a nightmare. The story is a promissory note about the most base instincts of humanity and that none of us can be sure, or immune.

Good luck Juan.

9.10am here and I am already ready to go!
Think it will be about 9pm before over here before openings start...I must look out the matchsticks to keep my eyes open [emoji23]

9.10am here and I am already ready to go!
Think it will be about 9pm before over here before openings start...I must look out the matchsticks to keep my eyes open [emoji23]

I know how you feel, fellow European. :happydance:

I can't believe this day is finally here.

Justice for Travis! Prayers for his family and our wonderful prosecutor, Juan Martinez...

I've been up for hours waiting for this.....land still have hours to go!!!!

Thanks to the WS members who researched and compiled tweets and notes. Kudos to you all. I really wish I could help, but work is calling. Will be checking in throughout the day and of course later tonight. Hope you all have a nice day.

Originally posted by T-4-2

This is all over my head. Doesn't this say that the Court is granting the State's motion to seal the State's pleading in which the State objects to the Defendant's (patently ridiculous) motion regarding the Defendant's (false) accusations of "continued State misconduct"? What's the difference between a motion and a pleading?

It said it granted the motion to seal the state's pleading entitled Objection to Defendant's Motion to Strike the Death Penalty. Meaning the motion granted was the motion to seal. It doesn't actually say which side made that motion in the entry.

However, this all happened in a hearing the other day. Juan actually objected to his motion being sealed which clued us in that he feels pretty good about it. Of course, Nurmi wanted it under seal so the judge granted it and then there was a sidebar, IIRC. Hope this helps.

:happydance: Good Morning, Y'all !

:happydance: I NEVER EVER thought this day would come !

:please: :please: :please: Justice for Travis !!!

I have DishTV. CNN, HLN and other Turner Broadcast stations went off air a few hours ago. Contract disputes. No clue how long that will last. A few hours or a few months.

SOOOOOO...... I'll have to rely on y'all and the rest of the net to stay informed.

Anybody have a clue how to follow this on my phone today at work, without getting in trouble? LOL!

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

Last night, I read some tweets about the possibility of Opening Statements being live-streamed -- of course, Nurmi will object.

So any updates as to whether or not the Opening Statements will be live-streamed today ?

Just a note: The judge allowed cameras for Opening Statements in Bob Bashara's trial which is going on right now in Detroit ... it's tweets only now -- BUT pics are allowed of the witnesses and courtroom to go along with the tweets, which is better than nothing !

Take note, JSS !

Found this on the JM page:

10650036_307625679431015_7030447454487961597_n.jpg

So ... let's see ... based on history ...

10am [JSS time ?11am?] Jury swearing in & instructions read
12pm - 2pm Lunch
2pm [JSS time ?2:45pm?] DT last minute motions
3pm - 3:45pm Break
4pm Too late to start opening statements; meet tomorrow 10am

319404da-8b13-42f5-a010-2b1e78eb7e72-620x408.jpeg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/8/6/1407340477456/319404da-8b13-42f5-a010-2b1e78eb7e72-620x408.jpeg

I huge thank you to AngelWings444! You did a wonderful job with all of the informative posts. Thank you ever so much, it must have taken quite a while for all of your work. :clap::tyou:

It's 8:25 AM right now where I am: I'm about to leave for work but plan to check in with all of you throughout the day. Unfortunately, today of all days, I've a bunch of committee meetings I have to attend (grrr--they're usually a waste of time), but I hope to pop in here between them.

Hoisting my coffee mug to all of you: Lets pray that Justice is done!

See you later.:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member