Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this be the thread to follow when court begins today? Trying to keep up.....from Amsterdam! The time difference for this Texan is so confusing! Thanks to all for the tweets! especially the ones from WAT! I notice that many don't care for them....we do have an ignore feature....

I think so, too. That she is on the jury is nothing to be "shocked" about. Still, if she said the family member and JA were good friends, that to me would mean she should have been stricken.

Just that they knew each other, not so much of a big deal.

Knowing someone and being good friends with them are two different animals.

What we don't know is the nature of the friendship and how it ended, as Jodi had a habit of alienating people close to her. It's possible that now, the SIL has a very negative view of JA. We learn about people we knew way back when and later process their relationship differently as an adult.

Trying hard to say, was SIL manipulated by JA and has come to realize it? Did she share with this juror? Hmmm... it could go either way IMHO.

Glad to be back. I was supposed to be on a cruise. I should have been de-stressing somewhere near the Canary Islands today!

In a way, I'm glad we had to cancel, this is terrific! Great tweet-buddies helping us who can't follow from beginning to end due to RL.

Wish I could be here more often! I've missed you all!

Well it's not fair. But karma is a *****. I'm sure Jodi's family has to believe she is a DV because the alternative is that she slaughtered a man because she's a sociopath and did it for the enjoyment of the murder.

LOL Maybe the family is wearing these DV ribbons because they were abused by JA. I'm hoping Travis' family will be wearing something to honor him, the true victim. It would be great if they all came in wearing blue.

Good morning everyone.

It's just after 7:00 where I am and I'll be leaving for work early this morning to, um, catch up on some of the things I didn't do yesterday because I was in and out of WS all day, trying to read about all that I was missing. :blushing: And I'll likely be doing the same today.

Again, I raise my coffee mug to all of you: Here's to Justice.

See you later! :seeya:

Did she claim that Travis did the same to her, during the attack or is to early and I am just in a fog?
Really, I should not be shocked at all about the things defense lawyers will lie about-not after I heard the opening that Baez spewed.

And didn't she also claim there was a similar incident when she was around 12 or so but did not know who did it? She tells so many stories I don't know if it is them I am vaguely remembering or if I am imagine them.

She did.

And it's all so ridiculous. When someone is choked out, they don't just bear the emotional scars, they bear the physical, as well. I don't just mean a ring around the neck. The capillaries in the face and eyes burst, leaving you bloodshot and looking battered. Was Jodi EVER reported as walking around with this effect?

image.jpg

LOL Maybe the family is wearing these DV ribbons because they were abused by JA. I'm hoping Travis' family will be wearing something to honor him, the true victim. It would be great if they all came in wearing blue.

The judge did rule at the time that Travis' side had to stop wearing the ribbons but Travis' family kept on wearing them and the judge just decided to stop fighting it. They're so small, I'd be surprised if the jury even notices them. Same with the DV ribbons.

Watching victim impact statement videos on YouTube. Families often look directly at the defendants and say whatever they want. How I wish Steven and Samantha were allowed to look directly at Arias and tell her exactly what they think of her. I'd love for them to be able to tell her that she was insignificant to Travis, that the love of Travis' life was Deanna and his friends and family. Arias was not his love, friend of family member. She was a nobody who manipulated him with sex. If my post sounds harsh then I apologize. My heart breaks for the family especially as Arias is trying to hurt them all over again with the 'Travis and Jodi loved each other' BS. She wants to hurt the family as much as possible. I just want the family to put her in her place for all the world to see.

Watching victim impact statement videos on YouTube. Families often look directly at the defendants and say whatever they want. How I wish Steven and Samantha were allowed to look directly at Arias and tell her exactly what they think of her. I'd love for them to be able to tell her that she was insignificant to Travis, that the love of Travis' life was Deanna and his friends and family. Arias was not his love, friend of family member. She was a nobody who manipulated him with sex. If my post sounds harsh then I apologize. My heart breaks for the family especially as Arias is trying to hurt them all over again with the 'Travis and Jodi loved each other' BS. She wants to hurt the family as much as possible. I just want the family to put her in her place for all the world to see.
At least they were able to deliver their victim impact statements live and in person - as Arias' motion to limit them to videotaped statements only (and deprive them of the full "impact") was denied.

The judge did rule at the time that Travis' side had to stop wearing the ribbons but Travis' family kept on wearing them and the judge just decided to stop fighting it. They're so small, I'd be surprised if the jury even notices them. Same with the DV ribbons.

Not sure if this bears any relevance at all, but during the murder trial for my neice we were told by the judge that we were not allowed to wear our KK buttons or the trademark pink that the entire community displayed in her honor.After guilty verdict we were allowed to wear our Kaitlin thirst, buttons, pink, or whatever we liked to further court hearings and such....

Not sure if this bears any relevance at all, but during the murder trial for my neice we were told by the judge that we were not allowed to wear our KK buttons or the trademark pink that the entire community displayed in her honor.After guilty verdict we were allowed to wear our Kaitlin thirst, buttons, pink, or whatever we liked to further court hearings and such....

It does. AZLawyer has already told us this is common so as not to prejudice a jury. Buttons were a common thing to rule out because of the display of the victim on them. But, again, the ribbons are so small, (and Jodi's family are wearing ribbons too), that the judge didn't seem too concerned about it once the family continued wearing their ribbons.

I'm very sorry about your niece :(

I really don’t think Arias deliberately does things to hurt the Alexander family, nor her family for that matter. It gives her too much credit as I believe it is beyond her capacity as a human to think of anything but herself. Everything she says, does, or doesn’t do is consistent with this. It’s all about her and the thought of someone else’s pain never ever enters her mind. I feel so badly for the Alexander family and their circle of friends, it hurts my heart to see them in such anguish.
I shall go back to lurking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member