Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been there just in case the COA reinstated cameras?? I imagine that would have created quite a scene.

I was hoping for the same thing earlier but AZL told us that no one has petitioned the COA for the live cameras to be active. She did assure us that the cameras are still recording and when the trial is over the videos will be released.

N
But he wasn't there before :waitasec: and isn't that what Det Flores was for? And why would his boss be needed for something like that?

I doubt it has anything to do with being reprimanded because they would just do that behind the scenes and move on.

Or him needing "babysitting" because he is still acting the exact same way and is still just as aggressive.

I read somewhere last week, can't remember where that Flores is working on another case and is going to be in and out of the court room when he can.

I'm guessing but I don't recall ever seeing a prosecutor sitting at the desk alone and there is usually another attorney or paralegal sitting there to help out with getting materials. They never do any questioning, just retrieving materials when needed. Again, just a guess on my part.

It actually makes sense. Flores is still on the state's case but he may no longer have authority to execute searches and stuff and may be busy with his other job now. So Juan's boss had to step in to help?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 14s 15 seconds ago
Fonseca- This stuff sells to the media. It's easy to focus on the shaving, the anal sex and so on. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 45 seconds ago
Fonseca- I was looking at dynamics, not how Jodi sounded like when she was having an orgasm. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wait a minute, doc, didn't you say the shaving was an indicator to you about Travis' predilection toward young girls?

The defense team IMO is trying to discredit Dr DeMarte with her age and limited amount of years of practice as opposed to forsecas 35 years of experience. Dr DeMarte is a real threat to the DF team and they are scared of her intelligence and what she can do to put huge hole in their theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention Dr DeMarte's ability to connect with a jury - in particular this jury.

The defense team IMO is trying to discredit Dr DeMarte with her age and limited amount of years of practice as opposed to forsecas 35 years of experience. Dr DeMarte is a real threat to the DF team and they are scared of her intelligence and what she can do to put huge hole in their theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are very threatened by her. They even made sure to stress that their expert did 8 hours with Jodi, just like Demarte did, instead of 40+ like ALV and Samuels did, which Demarte said was way more than necessary. And preempted the bias question Juan will ask by denigrating her personally is pretty low. The first time Juan asked her that, she figured it was a general question regarding bias. Same thing when the jury asked her if it would be problematic that the tests were filled in by someone who seemed to have knowledge of psychological jargon. She had no idea she was talking about anyone, specifically.

I don't understand the point of questioning the credentials and experience of someone with a PhD. Juan never did that except for with ALV, who had a masters and wasn't really qualified, at all, to perform forensic evaluations.

Nurmi can do nothing to overcome one main thing----Juan showed how slimy the DT was when they accused Travis of emailing an 8 yr old girl, when they knew it was a mass business email from a list.

Nothing that Nurmi did in reexam can overcome that stench. And juan showed that the joke between friends about no one 'being too young' was just that, a joke. Again the DT looks slimy for trying to make something sexually inappropriate out of nothing.

The same with the Brazilian nonsense. The Dr looks silly and out of touch to try and say it is a sign that TA is a pedo if he wants JA to have cleanly shaved area. I think the jury will agree that was total nonsense.

So when Nurmi comes up and gives the doc a chance to whine and complain that she was unfairly treated, I dont think the jury will appreciate hearing it. jmo

AZ, does JM get a chance to re-cross? TIA

Was she referring to Travis or JM?

Not really sure since we are only getting tweets but

WAT did report that Nurmi asked Dr. MF if Travis was misogynist or

other tweet states Nurmi asked if misogyny was a factor in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo