Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, azcentral continues its cyber-bullying of WS'ers and other trial watchers this a.m.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/ejmo...ias-bill-montgomery-sherry-stephens/21465237/

So Travis Alexander's family, as "Jodi Arias junkies", are "addicts who are morbidly hooked on her case"!?!

While EJ Montini, columnist, admits that the [Alexander] family mourns, he also refers to all trial watchers thusly:

"And don't worry about the Jodi junkies suffering withdrawal symptoms. While there may be a dearth of common courtesy and common sense in our world, there is never a shortage of sordidness."

This passes for journalism?

I greet all my fellow 'sordid scandalmongers' this a.m.

The good news for azcentral is that they won't have to fork over $400 if the defense gets a free copy of the secret transcript.

Well, azcentral continues its cyber-bullying of WS'ers and other trial watchers this a.m.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/ejmo...ias-bill-montgomery-sherry-stephens/21465237/

So Travis Alexander's family, as "Jodi Arias junkies", are "addicts who are morbidly hooked on her case"!?!

While EJ Montini, columnist, admits that the [Alexander] family mourns, he also refers to all trial watchers thusly:

"And don't worry about the Jodi junkies suffering withdrawal symptoms. While there may be a dearth of common courtesy and common sense in our world, there is never a shortage of sordidness."

Refresh my memory: how does AZCentral sell advertising again? We who study this trial in detail can easily see which words they regularly deem important enough to make their headlines.

Maybe the author is taking a shot at us on behalf of the reporters who are barraged with Twitter reply questions asking for clarification of their incomplete and unintelligible Tweets.

I also cannot understand why this guy is not going to be first on the stand this morning completing his testimony. Not like he has to testify in any other case. So unless he's in having elective surgery, what could he possibly have going on that justifies holding up this trial for another two days? Especially if the DT pulls the "we have no witnesses until Wednesday" stunt that many people believe they will. Doesn't KN have to get stuff prepared for the SC on Friday? I'm sure he'll whine for the time to do that as well.

MOO

I forgot he has supplemental briefs due the AZ Supreme Court on the 16th. Yep. I bet sidebar is taken up with him whining about preparing for that (yet we will see the same old tired, worn out filing when it is due) and an announcement of no jury today or tomorrow. Meanwhile those billable hours continue to rack up. Cha-ching!

Greetings, sister-in-sordid.

I feel cyber bullied. Wah.

:gaah::gaah: and :gaah: !

And if I say any more . . . :silenced:

Due to trial report by tweet, we only know a little about a smidgen of testimony from an anonymous, high-school educated, self-professed "data scientist" witness.

What was tweeted was that this soft-spoken, bald, bearded, 'pseudonymical' witness with a nickname could only account for what he claimed was a single human-initiated visit to a single website once. And that visit was not, according to him, typed into the URL bar of the browser, but instead clicked through the "Alexa" site popularity rankings page.

And even if the website was manually clicked to go view it, that alone could have been a mistake click. LOL

Who knows what the title of the website link was. It may have been disguised as something else and was not obvious to the user that it was a *advertiser censored* site.

The whole *advertiser censored* thing is such a distraction.
Until the DT shows images themselves saved onto the computer on the original clone copy then I personally will choose to believe it was related to the virus links.

And even if images are finally shown that in itself still doesnt convince me that Travis put it there since other people had access to his machine. Namely his roomates and even Jodi after she killed him.

The DT would have to show when image date was saved and prove it was before she arrived that day. Then it would come down to whether a roomate could have done it or Travis.

Its all so distracting at this point and if anything should be part of appeal case of original verdict. Its being used as a delay tactic by DT at this point, hoping juror numbers will deplete.

From that article:

Did any of their "experts" mention BPD? Maybe he plans to call DeMarte as a defense witness to offer for them what he said were the incorrect conclusions of an inexperienced psychologist during the original trial.

As I recall, the last 2 experts (Dr. F. & Geffner) could not provide an assessment/evaluation. Just an observation. But, yet they were able to assess/evaluate Travis.

I'm here, ready for defense witness #4 that Juan won't be able to cross examine. I know the law well enough to know how procedure works. Direct examination, then cross. I bet the jury has figured this out. Even though the judge has said to them "don't blame either side for the delay" they have to know it is issues with the defense since every single time there is a delay, a new witness shows up with no closure from the previous witness.

Re the probably mythical 14 mitigation witnesses, how would their testimony about JA as a loving child, faithful friend, sterling employee gibe with a BPD diagnosis of instability, recklessness, extreme fear of abandonment, impulsivity, etc.?

Source: Twitter

"Italchica ‏@annaruss1 5m5 minutes ago
If JSS denies #jodiarias DT will go to COA. DT should be held in contempt if not ready to proceed. Not expecting court today either way."

I hope, at some point in the future of this retrial, JM gets to cross all the un-crossed witnesses, JA-Geff-Pseudonym BAM-BAM-BAM shortly before the jury goes into deliberations.

The good news for azcentral is that they won't have to fork over $400 if the defense gets a free copy of the secret transcript.

Cheapskates...

BFQLP3XCEAAJYlC.jpg

[That wooden spoon should have been used more consistently early on.]

I'm here, ready for defense witness #4 that Juan won't be able to cross examine. I know the law well enough to know how procedure works. Direct examination, then cross. I bet the jury has figured this out. Even though the judge has said to them "don't blame either side for the delay" they have to know it is issues with the defense since every single time there is a delay, a new witness shows up with no closure from the previous witness.

IIRC, opening statements and JM's "case" were completed in 5 days. It should be very obvious to jurors where the stall tactics are coming from. And I bet "*advertiser censored*" wasn't mentioned in the DT opening.

As I recall, the last 2 experts (Dr. F. & Geffner) could not provide an assessment/evaluation. Just an observation. But, yet they were able to assess/evaluate Travis.

I loved the way the 1 witness (cant remember name) kept saying they were not giving clinical diagnosis in 1 breath and then right after in another breath did basically that.

I agree. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what the hold up is. I think we are at the point where all this stalling and delaying, is really peeving the jury off and I'm hoping it backfires on the defense.

I loved the way the 1 witness (cant remember name) kept saying they were not giving clinical diagnosis in 1 breath and then right after in another breath did basically that.

That was Dr Fonseca, or as I lovingly called her, DR Sex.

Not home today but reading from my phone. Curious to see what stunt is next from dt. Ready for the duration.

And even if the website was manually clicked to go view it, that alone could have been a mistake click. LOL

Who knows what the title of the website link was. It may have been disguised as something else and was not obvious to the user that it was a *advertiser censored* site.

The whole *advertiser censored* thing is such a distraction.
Until the DT shows images themselves saved onto the computer on the original clone copy then I personally will choose to believe it was related to the virus links.

And even if images are finally shown that in itself still doesnt convince me that Travis put it there since other people had access to his machine. Namely his roomates and even Jodi after she killed him.

The DT would have to show when image date was saved and prove it was before she arrived that day. Then it would come down to whether a roomate could have done it or Travis.

Its all so distracting at this point and if anything should be part of appeal case of original verdict. Its being used as a delay tactic by DT at this point, hoping juror numbers will deplete.

Actually, we do know what the website was as it was tweeted.

And it is a *advertiser censored* site. State didn't dispute it -- at least if they did it wasn't tweeted to my knowledge.

But I agree.

*advertiser censored* = Canard, red herring, and convenient straw man for LKN as that's his practice specialty

I'm here, ready for defense witness #4 that Juan won't be able to cross examine.
I know the law well enough to know how procedure works.
Direct examination, then cross. I bet the jury has figured this out.
Even though the judge has said to them "don't blame either side for the delay" they have to know it is issues with the defense since every single time there is a delay, a new witness shows up with no closure from the previous witness.

:seeya:

BBM: I sure hope so !

The jurors have to be confused as all hello with the direct examination of the defense witness and then NO cross by Juan --

AND --

The jurors have to be wondering why the hello CMJA was allowed to testify privately to them --

AND --

The jurors have to be wondering what in the hello does *advertiser censored* on a computer have to do with CMJA murdering Travis in cold blood --

AND --

The jurors have to be wondering why all these DELAYS -- 1 day of court a week -- then they get to court, only to be told there will be no court today ...

AND --

There's more ... y'all know the rest ...

:gaah: :gaah: and :gaah: !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member