Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to catch up. My son has a bed just like it and I kneeled at it and could see above the mattress. I am only 5'4". So, it can't be that. Jmo.

I don't ever quote my own posts, but this landed at the worst time in the trial. I hadn't caught up yet. Apologies.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Alexander family today. It took a ton of courage and strength to release the letter. Juan did an amazing job for the family today and for Travis to have the justice he deserves. That letter..unreal. Even after reading and listening to everything JA has said and done over the years, I am floored. If this doesn't seal the deal, nothing will.

The DT will go with "This was just a part of her coverup before she could admit to herself that she had killed him."

Doubt it'll do any good though.

If she had sent a sympathy card, with a quick notation, saying 'I wish I could have saved him, I am so sorry....' and left it at that, then they might be able to say it was part of the cover up.

But the level of disgustingness is so off the charts in this 20 page letter ---unreal. They will never come back from this imo. The jury was totally focused in and read it word for word along with Juan. And they did so, right after he nullified the *advertiser censored* accusations and the cheating accusations--
so they already saw what an evil <modsnip> she was.

She was reliving every single second of the murder in that letter. Writing about the blows and the blood and the screams and Travis moaning he couldnt feel his legs.....

She wanted them to hear about every single second.

Omg, I'm crying for the Alexander Family right now. That just hit hard, she's really evil. Damn

Well, certainly how psychopathic she is. I don't personally see her as truly being mentally ill. This isn't new territory for a psychopath.

The letter to Travis' family was a game to her. It checks all the boxes her psychopathology would enjoy - she gets to be a victim; she gets to show his family the 'real' Travis (aka character assassination); she gets to deceive them while knowing the truth; she appears remorseful, regretful that she couldn't save Travis (heroine, victim, martyr); and she gives the superficial appearance of being so much more important to Travis than she likely was - a reinterpretation of history to those who did matter most to Travis. Travis' family HAD to know how important and special Jodi was to Travis. They HAD to understand how traumatized Jodi had been by her experiences. They HAD to be aware he was a good, but not great, guy because only Jodi knew the 'real' him.

Psychopaths literally have their own reality. They deliberately, through psychological abuse (as evidenced in this letter), attempt to inflict that reality on others.

JMO and FWIW

Spot on!!!!!

Why do you think she hated his family so very much?
He only met his grandmother, correct?
Did they tell him to stay away from her?
Did they have NO IDEA who she even was, and it sent her over the edge?
Did she find correspondence where he outed her to them as a sociopath?

I can't wrap my brain around the time that simply because they shared blood with Travis, they all deserve the pain she is intentionally inflicting. Over and over and over.

Am I just naïve?

i just started this thread where everyone is talking about the *advertiser censored* on the bishop's computer. i don't know if anyone mentioned this, but don't you think that a communal computer in a bishop's home would have it's settings set to safe? you know, the setting where you can't find naked people and other naughty things? i don't believe there was *advertiser censored* on the computer.

i apologize if this has already been explained or suggested.

You make a real valid point. Thanks. imo

No the family had said they would never release the letter. Very few people had read it before this. We had said as much as we understsnd thst it is a shame because it would go a long way in showing her depravity. Like I said, IMO the fact that Juan is using it now tells me they must have given this to Juan quite recently.

Agree. It might have been the secret affidavits being read in court that might have pushed them to do it. They want justice for their brother, can't say I blame them. They held onto this letter for so long, protecting their beloved brother. They have so much class. I really admire this and can't wait for this to be over for them. They deserve to finally be able to start the grieving process. IMHO

ETA: Or, Juan had it the entire time and the family finally gave him permission to use it.

Geff should blurt out: "The broken finger had healed by the time she rewrote her diaries in June '08!"

She... she... she re-wrote her diaries after she killed Travis? I did not know that! And yet still no mention of mental, physical, emotional abuse by "The T-Dogg!"

(yes, I'm aware abuse wasn't her defense claim in '08) Shirley Juan could make that point in front of the jury, though, no?

I like how Juan mentioned to Geff the picture of Jodi with her dumb and stupid sister Audrey which was taken after the alleged broken finger incident (but clearly didn't show a disfigured finger) to the jury. I know the defense made a big damn deal out of the pic in the first trial, but that's the sort of thing this jury needs to see and hear from Juan so they have no doubt about ANYthing the defense says or claims.

Its a measure of how damning that letter is that her hard core supporters have to believe that she didn't write it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zl21IwjLkQ0

Cross exam on Jan 21 masterbatory activity begins at 23:50
She claims that she has this huge confrontation after noon (she refused to give Juan specific times) went home, threw up, finally talked to Travis, went back, had anal sex to make him feel "normal"
Juan shows her texts between her and Travis. Talking about exchanging cars prior to FHE which begins at 7
She talks about a store she wants to go to that closes at 8pm.

She claims he called her constantly after she fled. Yet Juan proved there were only five calls from him and five calls from her

Help me out here, folks. Who is William Zervkos?

-----------------

Back in the original trial when Dr. Samuels began explaining the results of the testing he gave to JA, wasn't there some kerfluffle about her answers being on just a plain tablet and him having to transfer these answers to another form?

I remember thinking at the time that he might have originally tested her using an out-dated version of the standardized test, then for purposes of presenting the results in court, that he had gone back and transferred answers to an updated version. So he wouldn't look like a jerk for having used an outdated test.

I will go back and look through the initial videos on this to see what I can find. I also think I remember Juan asking him for a copy of the test and him going through a think binder and then saying either he did not have a copy with him or he did not have a copy of the CURRENT version with him.

In any case, the Jodi fans are going to have to turn their wrath onto him - as opposed to Dr. DeMarte - because it was Defense witness Dr. Samuels who provided the testing questions to JM.

----------------

Once again, thanks to all here who post the tweets. Now I'm going over to Karasoncrime. I like to read EVERYTHING!

Sorry y'all-- trying to catch up.
is this letter posted here? if so, what's the post#? we're at 63 pages!

She was reliving every single second of the murder in that letter. Writing about the blows and the blood and the screams and Travis moaning he couldnt feel his legs.....

She wanted them to hear about every single second.

Whaaaaaaat? Did I miss this???

Help me out here, folks. Who is William Zervkos?

-----------------

Back in the original trial when Dr. Samuels began explaining the results of the testing he gave to JA, wasn't there some kerfluffle about her answers being on just a plain tablet and him having to transfer these answers to another form?

I remember thinking at the time that he might have originally tested her using an out-dated version of the standardized test, then for purposes of presenting the results in court, that he had gone back and transferred answers to an updated version. So he wouldn't look like a jerk for having used an outdated test.

I will go back and look through the initial videos on this to see what I can find. I also think I remember Juan asking him for a copy of the test and him going through a think binder and then saying either he did not have a copy with him or he did not have a copy of the CURRENT version with him.

In any case, the Jodi fans are going to have to turn their wrath onto him - as opposed to Dr. DeMarte - because it was Defense witness Dr. Samuels who provided the testing questions to JM.

----------------

Once again, thanks to all here who post the tweets. Now I'm going over to Karasoncrime. I like to read EVERYTHING!

William Z. was the foreman in the original jury who said she didn't deserve death. I've read suggestions that he strong armed people to his POV and was responsible for the hung jury.

If she had sent a sympathy card, with a quick notation, saying 'I wish I could have saved him, I am so sorry....' and left it at that, then they might be able to say it was part of the cover up.

But the level of disgustingness is so off the charts in this 20 page letter ---unreal. They will never come back from this imo. The jury was totally focused in and read it word for word along with Juan. And they did so, right after he nullified the *advertiser censored* accusations and the cheating accusations--
so they already saw what an evil witch she was.

There are so many Sleuthers commenting on the letter ... I grabbed katydid's and will go from there. I agree: the DT will NOT come back from the hurtful, damning letter.

Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe JA&#8217;s audacity.

Before today, I&#8217;d been back and forth re: the DP. But no more. That letter to the family sealed it for me. Picture it: She&#8217;s sitting in jail, charged with TA&#8217;s murder, &#8230; and she writes a self-serving letter which the freak thinks will build her &#8220;ninja&#8217;s did it&#8221; case, all the while telling the Alexanders -- in so many words -- WHY TA deserved to die (he was a player, he cheated on me) and -- in far TOO many words &#8211; HOW he died. With humble sincerity and sympathy, no less.

JA is vile; and I have finally joined the ranks of you who believe she would kill again.

It will be interesting if she decides to get back on the stand. One wonders whether or not we&#8217;d be here today had she, from the beginning, admitted her desperation, her obsession, and her uncontrolled rage; admitted that, today, she does not recognize the person who annihilated a man she once loved.

Instead, the DT (and JA) continue to justify/mediate her actions by traveling the &#8220;slime highway.&#8221; News flash JA: It&#8217;s a slip-and-slide. You just hit the lawn and broke your neck.

Not telling her that is not appropriate court attire is as close to ineffective assistance of counsel as I've seen. Too bad for CMJA it still won't get her conviction thrown out or a new trial. She really should spend time praying they figure out any hiccups with the lethal injection drug combo before it's her turn!

Oh I think the letter clinched that she WILL testify. She won't allow TA's family to have the last word, and she's twisted enough to see their release of the letter as just that.

I tend to agree with you, and if she does, that truly negates any remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288