Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
JA probably gave TA some rubbish about AA like he assaulted her or something?

I think she told TA that AA harasses her and won't leave her alone, even after she told him they were just friends.

Here are the tweets from that time when Willmott was reading from the transcript herself even though Deanna did not want to answer questions based on the transcript.

Like I said...according to this, Deanna's answer was "I don't know" on what question? Did the transcript say...

JW- "Would it surprise you Jodi wasn't the only one TA had sex with"

DR- "I don't know"

Is that how they came to the conclusion that Deanna did not admit to having sex with TA in that first interview? And was Deanna cut off in her answer so the transcriber only typed "I don't know" because that's all she said before getting cut off and moving on to another question?

If that is what happened, I don't blame Deanna for requesting the audio to put some context into the questioning and her answer.

MOO

That's still not lying about her and Travis, IMO. She doesn't know if it would surprise her fits as well. If she answered "I don't know, might do" would they have said that was lying?

I have only complained once in my 61 yrs, and that was about a waitress that was downright rude to us. And she added on extra charges to the bill on top of it. And when my hubby asked her about it she said she was too busy to deal with it and to take it up with the manager. So we did. :wink:

OT
I am also very patient and understanding to waitresses and I tip very well which usually shocks a lot of them. I dont eat out often anymore but when I do, I try to give minimum tip of 25% when I can afford it. Ive also been know to give a waitress 50% or more just to make their day.

The reason?
I waited tables myself for a couple years and know how hard a job it is and know the type of people they run into. The cook is the one who cooks the food so I dont hold anything against them if it is a cooking mistake and I try not to complain or send something back for more fire unless it is really bad.

With that said, there was a couple times in 20 or so years where the waitress was rude and terrible just like you experienced. For those times, they get the minimum tip but the manager may also get a verbal "tip" about the service if they really messed up on pupose to us.

We once had a waiter that it must have been his very first day and we could see him stealing other waitresses tables as soon as the customer came in the door because he just wanted tip money. His service was horrible and we watched him as soon as the people left he was like a hawk pouncing on the table for the tip money. We could hardly find the guy during our meal when we needed anything, and the main time we saw him was right after he snagged us to get our table. The funny thing was we were about to mention something to the manager about him, and all the other waitresses had pulled the manager aside and we could see they were talking about the "new guy". So they already knew what he was up to, and then we saw the manager ask to speak with him in the back. So we didnt have to complain afterall because the waitresses did for us. :)

:seeya: Nice to see ya, Curious !

BBM: Nothing has ever been "right" in that courtroom, IMO.

And now that Juan is back up, JSS is surely showing her drawers again, IYKWIM !

Oh, and that would be JSS's bias towards the defense !

:moo: and :moo:
Hi. Thanks and good to see you too.
ETA: every time I post, my iPad changes my words and Ihave to come back and edit my post. Sorry.

IIRC Nurmi handled Deanna in the original trial and he was very gentle with her while eliciting her testimony. He even gave a big sigh when he was finished with her testimony and walking back to his chair because he knew he was outing her as to having had sex with Travis. I actually liked him at that moment. I am surprised JW is going at Deanna with teeth bared.

No way. That was where he ended with the string of questions: "Did he ever call you a *advertiser censored*/*advertiser censored*/3HW/etc." and then with the snarky comment that was struck: "I guess it was a different kind of relationship then."

You know what I took away from today's testimony? Abe is relatively savvy. Moreso than Travis at least. And that made Abe a lot less easily manipulated. Jodi would have picked right up on that. She tried that stunt with the email, and pretty sure Abe said, "We're done, psycho chic. Take your magic 2 hole cover and scram." Exactly what Travis should have done.

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 23s23 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ

Reid tells Arias' attorney, "the only one being misleading is you."

#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

:great: :great: Beautiful, Deanna, just beautiful !

Oh, how I wish we could have seen this !

:happydance::happydance::happydance: !

You know what I took away from today's testimony? Abe is relatively savvy. Moreso than Travis at least. And that made Abe a lot less easily manipulated. Jodi would have picked right up on that. She tried that stunt with the email, and pretty sure Abe said, "We're done, psycho chic. Take your magic 2 hole cover and scram." Exactly what Travis should have done.

Exactly. He's pretty street smart. He knew right away Jodi was playing manipulative games and he was not on board.

I would guess that the people watching the trial do not look down on DR for having sex. Her church did and she was disciplined for her transgression but I do not think the general public thinks less of her. IMO, she should have not lied in the first place. It looks like it is causing problems for her now.

She didn't lie.....please stop saying she did...

I saw a few comments earlier today about JA not having girlfriends, and I'd like to chuck my cents in.

I think she feels threatened by women. Certainly because of competition, but I think the primary reason is exposure.

Jodi is antisocial, and really, when you boil it all down, she has little to offer, in most situations. She has to rely on what she's got to make it in the world (whoops! What she HAD). What she had was sex appeal. She had to use that on men to get what she needed, and sooner or later, a woman friend is bound to suss that out. You can bet on it. Not only would she not be able to manipulate women, heterosexual women at least, she probably couldn't keep them for long. With all due respect to men, they are easily blinded by a womans charms, women would see her clearly. They could potentially out her, if they felt her behavior was extreme enough to warrant it.

I would think that she probably tried girlfriends when she was younger, and then later realized they held no value, that the risk of exposure publicly or just within the relationship wasn't worth it and kept them at arms reach.

Bonus! She can now lament about all the women that are jealous of her.

I think also as someone else said IIRC it's that women can see through people easier than men can. So she fooled some for a short time, but she fooled men for much longer.

Juan laid the foundation for THIS jury that Deanna works with special needs children, took her Mormon mission very seriously, (testimony that she was only allowed to call her own family twice on holidays), and that everything in W1 affidavit is a complete fabrication. She was absolute in her resolve when answering, "...no. Never. Absolutely not..." to questions about whether Travis ever touched her offensively, held her wrists, put a knee on her, held her down in any way, or said what W1 claims. She even denied meeting him but said she knew who he was. She disputed not only the date, but the actions and words and the " no mistaken identity" claim by W1.

I feel the jury is smart enough to consider that the truth is important to Deanna and she was trying not to get trapped by the cross exam. When JW started with the demeaning questions like, "well you can read, can't you? So you can't remember, is that what you're telling us? So, you can't read, is that what you're telling us? So you haven't revisited any of this since then, is that what you're telling us? Did you bring the recording with you?" I was thinking that she needed to back off or the jury is going to dislike her.

My take away - Deanna didn't trust the defense. She said she could only answer the question if she could hear the recording. JW proved to the jury that Deanna may have had good reason for her mistrust. Deanna was not going to be badgered into answering a question that she felt would mislead the jury.

The end. Headed home. Hungry!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure hope the jury is feeling ill will towards JW. She prances around with her perky smile, thinking that her cheery facade somehow negates the BS that comes out of her mouth. This isn't high school.

Who is this Detective Smith? I have never heard of him before.

I think also as someone else said IIRC it's that women can see through people easier than men can. So she fooled some for a short time, but she fooled men for much longer.
I've heard women will be more likely tospot a female psychopath quickly. And men spot male psychopaths. It's more difficult to spot a psychopath of the opposite sex.

Maybe we just expect the opposite sex to be a little crazy? [emoji51]

And tomorrow, Juan will make everything very clear that Deanna is not hiding a thing and in fact the defense is.

They already know it because the defense had a in hiding lie in his affidavit as exposed by Juan and Deanna during direct. Anyone on the jury who does realize what a bunch of liars the defense and their witnesses are by now is blind, deaf, and DUMB.

Didn't Jodi tell Travis she had a stalker? I'm wondering if she told him that she thought it was Abe. Does anyone know the time period of that? Maybe thats why Travis didn't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member