Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read correctly that today is a short day???? Shorter than usual!!

Good morning all.

:seeya: All this stupid drama against 'the haters' -

I wonder if Nurmi, Willmott and MDLR realise they have become clones of their client.

They might want to consider some serious deprogramming therapy once they are finally rid of her. IMO

:seeya:

BBM: Good point ! Nurmi and Willmott's "tactics" give decent defense attorneys a bad name.

They should be embarrassed, but they are not ... and just when ya think they cannot get any lower, they do.

:gaah:

I guess I'm confused now, AZL said this was Juan's case against mitigation or something like that. But the DT has already had Geffner and other witnesses up there. So what was that called.
Maybe I just need a nap. :sheesh:

Good Morning! :seeya:

Guess we're having another short day, then another looong weekend <ugh> . . . to refresh our memories, here is a list of mitigating factors DT outlined for the killer as described in one of the DT motions a while back. Wondering how many will the jury find/believe? If they believed Dr. DeMarte, then it's 1, 2 and 8 game over, but if they believed Dr. Fonseca and Dr. Geffner, hmmm it could be a different outcome.

View attachment 69218

Thanks for posting...so ridiculous.

Age is a rediculpus mitigator, unless of course you're an adolescent
Never committed a crime before...that we know of, and boy for a "first offense" she sure did prove herself. Most criminals start out small LOL
The mental illness really bothers me. If they had relied on this from the beginning it would come across as more reasonable
She's remoreseful??? When??? Where??? I think I missed it, cause I was too confused about her lies which have been anything but remoreseful.

As for claims of abuse...no proof whatsoever that she was abused by either her family, or the VICTIM.

Guess we're having another short day, then another looong weekend <ugh> . . . to refresh our memories, here is a list of mitigating factors DT outlined for the killer as described in one of the DT motions a while back. Wondering how many will the jury find/believe? If they believed Dr. DeMarte, then it's 1, 2 and 8 game over, but if they believed Dr. Fonseca and Dr. Geffner, hmmm it could be a different outcome.

View attachment 69218

1) No prior criminal history
2) JA just 27 at the time
3) JA is remorseful for what she did
4) Suffered physical and emotional abuse as a child
5) Suffered physical and emotional abuse during relationship w/TA
6) TA's abuse led to extreme emotional distress at time of incident
7) PTSD
8) BPD
9) Her psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with TA.

I guess I'm confused now, AZL said this was Juan's case against mitigation or something like that. But the DT has already had Geffner and other witnesses up there. So what was that called.

The way I understand it is Juan was briefly up first to give jurors a basic understanding of the 1st phase. Then DT presented its "case" now Juan is presenting his, and the DT will be afforded the opportunity to rebut it.....

That's my take:)

Ok, so the DT presented it's case for mitigation, now the State presents it's case, then it goes into rebuttal, is that how it works ? Sorry to answer my own post.

:thinking: Reminds me of Cindy and George Anthony ... didn't they try to get out of a loan, file bankruptcy, something ?

Yes, KC filed bankruptcy ... but did CA and GA ?

:thinking: Probably that "Dr Phil" or some other talking head will feel sorry for them and give them $$$ for an appearance on their show ... just like the A's ... and voila ! New automobiles, vacations, etc ...

The way I understand it is Juan was briefly up first to give jurors a basic u dears tanning of the 1st phase. Then DT presented its "case" no Juan is presenting his, and the DT will be afforded the opportunity to rebut it.....

That's my take:)

Thanks bettybaby, :wave: guess we both answered my post about the same time. :giggle:

I felt sorry for Dworkin yesterday. Imagine getting a call from a trial judge, on the bench, who puts you on speaker phone. Also present- the DT you consulted for in the first trial, and the prosecutor who wants to call you to the stand as HIS witness. Eek.

I loved how Dworkin said straight away....(paraphrasing): "You're going to have to tell me how this works. I've always worked for the defense, never for the State. I don't know what I'm allowed to say..."

and Nurmi jumps in to tell him (paraphrasing again) ..."stop right now!"

JM offered to give his questions to the DT beforehand. Which means Nurmi will know precisely when to insert objections and sidebar requests.

Thinking the court day won't last more than an hour.

How it works?? The truth doesn't require an instruction manual. You're asked a question, you answer PERIOD!

View attachment 69218

You would think they would have rounded it off with a number 10. I wonder what it would have been?

10. Ms. Arias is a cruel killer, with a propensity to lie with each spoken and written word. Her ability to destroy everyone she comes into contact with is unique.

:thinking: Reminds me of Cindy and George Anthony ... didn't they try to get out of a loan, file bankruptcy, something ?

Yes, KC filed bankruptcy ... but did CA and GA ?

:thinking: Probably that "Dr Phil" or some other talking head will feel sorry for them and give them $$$ for an appearance on their show ... just like the A's ... and voila ! New automobiles, vacations, etc ...

They must have huge medical bills since he was self employed and has been ill. Now on SS but still not much money. So it's not just the trial that is hitting them hard. jmo

I am so over this whole farce. Don't know if I can hang on until the end...it just gets more and more ridiculous every day. I wonder what those poor jurors think of the defense's antics?

Is it Juan's job to show why she deserves the DP or the DT's job to show why she doesn't? Who has the burden of 'proof'? I think it is up to the DP to show why she doesn't based on mitigating factors. The Prosecution can definitely show the facts of the case and make a case for why she deserves to die, but the burden is mostly on the DT. Correct?

The DT has the burden of proof in the mitigation phase. It was the states job to prove the aggravators. (sp)

Let's just hope they believe the defense is performing stupid antics!

How do you own nothing and have all this debt to people you bought things from? Don't believe it. No doubt they're hiding money. Have they been reading up on the Anthonys? ;)

MOO

How do you owe Khols thousands but only own a few hundred worth of furniture? It's a furniture store isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44