Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations geevee!! Wishing you, your daughter and baby, and your entire family lots of love and happiness. And thank you so much for all you add here to Websleuths. :tyou:

LOL Thanks, I needed that!

Sorry about not being able to keep up with the tweets today, my daughter is days away from delivering her first child and I'm in the middle of making a queen-sized quilt and preparing to head up north after the birth, feel like I'm already going in a thousand directions at once. And if the DT delay this thing long enough that I miss sharing the verdict with everyone here I'll dislike them even more than I already do. lol

Congratulations geevee!!!! That's great news! Blessings! A handmade quilt!!! Truly wonderful. It's hard to even think about this trial by comparison to that.

Congratulations geevee!!!! That's great news! Blessings! A handmade quilt!!! Truly wonderful. It's hard to even think about this trial by comparison to that.

Thanks DD! It's the only thing keeping my mind from exploding into a thousand worried particles. LOL She's way up north and I'm leaving on Mar. 5th, this thing best be all wrapped up by then, little miss murderess is the last thing I want to think about once I head up to meet my first grandbaby.

You all are just so sweet, I'm really touched. :)

I am wondering what the DT is going to say during their closing statements. We know what Juan is going to talk about---the gruesome, heinous crime and the shameful way she continued to deceive everyone and her total lack of remorse. But what is her defense going to say? Are they seriously going to stand up there and talk about T-Dawg and his Jekyl and Hyde persona and his abusive childhood and him looking at little boy pix and choking oiut Jodi, like all the men in her life did? :giggle:

Yea imagine having pics of himself or his brothers when they were little, shame on him for having family photos/info in his home, nevermind how very very important family trees are for LDS, let alone wanting to be a part of the priesthood that could assure them all eternal life together.

http://www.mormon.org/values/family-history

Jodi looks real unemotional in that picture after the murder Of TA. So glad she was able to bounce back.:happydance:
Is there a way this photo can be sent to Martinez, along with the date it was taken.

Juan is fighting a losing battle, I'm afraid. He can object til he's blue in the face and rarely does Sherry sustain those objections. She's basically saying to the jury, "Ignore him." Sidebar after sidebar, some as long as 10 minutes, and after it's done.....the defense is allowed to do whatever they want. Never, in any other trial I'm aware of, has the judge allowed the defense to trash a victim so viscously as this judge has allowed. Why?

No, the defense is just doing rebuttal. In the guilt phase and the aggravation part of the penalty phase, the prosecution starts and ends. In the mitigation phase, the defense starts and ends. So if anyone gets a surrebuttal, it will be Juan.

Of course Juan gets to cross-examine witnesses in this defense rebuttal phase.

After the rebuttal, if there's no surrebuttal, there will be JA's allocution (if she feels mentally well enough :rolleyes:), then closing arguments.

BBM - That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask.... Since the defense is clamoring about their client having all sorts of "mental impairments" does that mean that MDLR believes JA is a "*advertiser censored*"? She's been known to use that word, so putting 2 and 2 together....

P.S. I was gone all day but reading a couple of the 40 pages of posts it sounds like it went about like any of us would have predicted. More slime highway....

They are TRYING to show that TA snapped, and attacked her for dropping the camera during the shower 'photo shoot.' But that ignores the premeditation and the driving 1000 miles, and hiding from everyone that she was ever in Arizona, and the gas cans and the stolen gun....:no:

Agree. It ignores her substantial calculation before and after the murder. My opinion only.

LOL Thanks, I needed that!

Sorry about not being able to keep up with the tweets today, my daughter is days away from delivering her first child and I'm in the middle of making a queen-sized quilt and preparing to head up north after the birth, feel like I'm already going in a thousand directions at once. And if the DT delay this thing long enough that I miss sharing the verdict with everyone here I'll dislike them even more than I already do. lol
So happy for you and your family GeeVee! Congratulations in advance- that is going to be one lucky grandbaby- that's for sure! The circle of life- right... Travis was much too young to die. I think he would have loved being a dad- don't you?

BBM - That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask.... Since the defense is clamoring about their client having all sorts of "mental impairments" does that mean that MDLR believes JA is a "*advertiser censored*"? She's been known to use that word, so putting 2 and 2 together....

P.S. I was gone all day but reading a couple of the 40 pages of posts it sounds like it went about like any of us would have predicted. More slime highway....

I was off more than I was on today, infact my hubby can always tell if it's a defense day or a Juan day. On Juan days, he comes home to take out and not much accomplished. On defense days, all my paperwork (office is at home)is done, the house is clean and there's a hot supper on the table. I came and read a few times while I had lunch or a drink. Same crap, different day. Hoping we see Juan tomorrow.

It kinda looks like we will get our vaycay in and home before this ends. I hope I'm wrong for the Alexander Family's sake and everyone here. However I would like to hang with you all during the bitter end. I do hope the Jury Instructions are crystal clear without confusing vocab.

Bravo, I think that is actually one of Juan's real strong suits (among many) explaining the jury instructions but also aligning the information with facts from the trial. I was so impressed by it again watching closing arguments recently and he has a way to make the info interesting and not boring.

Have a great time on your trip my dear, "see" you when you return.

To the bitter end- all of us here. If you are in with us, until the end- thank this post!

Juan will certainly be refreshing to see tomorrow, if Wilmont every gets done with repeating her garbage. How many more DF witness going up on the stand? Did I hear MF and 2 computer guys to testify that there was an air carrier full of *advertiser censored* on the computer? This trial won't be done by the end of next week. Not with how the DF goes at a snails pace. No way.

Bravo, I think that is actually one of Juan's real strong suits (among many) explaining the jury instructions but also aligning the information with facts from the trial. I was so impressed by it again watching closing arguments recently and he has a way to make the info interesting and not boring.

Have a great time on your trip my dear, "see" you when you return.

To the bitter end- all of us here. If you are in with us, until the end- thank this post!

-------------------

Juan is also having to tiptoe around the DT flagrantly trying to bring in residual doubt. We're not re-deciding the guilt phase here, as much as they'd like to make the jury question the original verdict. That's none of this jury's concern, and part of what makes the re-trial of just the penalty phase so problematic and frustrating. They want to make this jury question how/why she could have been convicted of M1 with the aggravating factor of cruelty. They're bringing in all this extraneous stuff which has nothing do with mitigating circumstances.

The jury instructions will be clear as to what is to be considered and not, and I'm certain that Juan will make things crystal clear to this jury as to what their job entails.

So happy for you and your family GeeVee! Congratulations in advance- that is going to be one lucky grandbaby- that's for sure! The circle of life- right... Travis was much too young to die. I think he would have loved being a dad- don't you?

So sad that he can never be, I think he would have been an amazing Dad. Gosh I despise that evil murderess, death can't come soon enough for her.

Happy soon to be New Grandbaby, Geevee.
I can see you in 5 years, braiding her hair, as you log the tweets for us, as you tie another skein to the yarny work in progress.
<Grammy Jazz hands>

Did you hear about the new high-tech babies being born?
They're cordless!

Oh, and to veer back on-topic.
Nurmi's scorched earth revenge of JSS, for not releasing him from this case years ago, has hurt so many.
His life from now on will be based on infamy of his own making. Win or lose, he'll never rid himself of the moral stain.

Instead of another book about the killer, a day by day expose' of defense tactics might be... interesting?
no..infuriating, and a waste of paper.
Blah!

Peepers! Hahahahha- yep- waste of paper! Waste... huge waste!

Question for AZL. Am I correct in my assumption that IF this jury doesn't agree on a death sentence, they cannot give a recommendation as to the life sentence the Judge would impose (such as life with a possibility after 25 (no go anyway), versus LWOP? I don't think they have a say... correct? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304