Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not giving up! I think Juan will pull it out on redirect and have more drop the mic moments.

Justice for Travis cannot come soon enough.

I trust in Juan....the bestest, most passionate prosecutor :loveyou:

Great discussion last night and this morning on previous thread about victim's rights. While trying to allow a defendant to get a fair trial, very often the victim of a crime is the subject of further victimization along with family and friends.
I take the position that some speck of evidence about the victim needs to be presented in order to present "bad" information about the victim. In this case just one person who saw a bruise or heard JA mention abuse would allow the defense to bring up the abuse excuse. JA admits she is a liar and has lied so often that I think the judge should have stepped in early on to stop this and ask for some kind of outside facts other than the mouth of the liar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to thank everyone for the great discussion last evening on the prior thread regarding death penalty trials and the slandering of victims. I'm just so glad we're talking about this topic and bringing awareness to it. I also wrote some other thoughts about DP in AZ and related to this trial last week that you might find interesting.

http://twoinnocents.com/2014/10/24/death-penalty-thoughts-1/

I"ll be out of the country all next week and I think this is a good thing as I don't know how much of Nurmi's victim bashing I can stomach without imploding. I think it will be worse than last go round. Blech.

Anyway, thanks again all who participated/read those posts last night. SOmeone said a revolution..yes, and it has to start somewhere right?

Hey Everyone, Good morning  today will be, what’s that Bette Davis saying about a bumpy ride? Anyway we can all get through this, together. Let’s all just touch our screens and together send a prayer for Travis and his family. Whatever damage KN does Mr. Juan Martinez will undo.

:seeya:

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

ETA:

Court: Monday - Thursday

Days off:

Wednesday - October 29th

Monday - November 10th

Tuesday- November 11th

Thursday and Friday - November 26th and 27th (Thanksgiving)

NO Court on Friday.

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 2m2 minutes ago
Court is expected to start around 12:30 pm ET today

Hey Everyone, Good morning  today will be, what’s that Bette Davis saying about a bumpy ride? Anyway we can all get through this, together. Let’s all just touch our screens and together send a prayer for Travis and his family. Whatever damage KN does Mr. Juan Martinez will undo.

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=8ABD76A963C4570CCA308ABD76A963C4570CCA30

Yep ... it's going to be "bumpy" all right ! Everything with CMJA and the DT is ... well ...

One little tidbit. An inside source told me last night that the CNN/HLN trucks are pulling out from the trial today. "they are no longer interested in the trial" was the message sent. THat's interesting. Will have to see what kind of impact that has. I can't imagine Drew and NG will stop talking about it...but who knows?

:seeya: Present and accounted for, although I don't know why I would want to hear Nurmi ever again. Expecting :puke: and keeping my thoughts to myself today.

There is nothing to lose in this case actually - he has already defamed Travis beyond all recognition; broken the Alexander family: said every filthy word known to man; attempted to ruin Juan's career; and insulted Flores in open court. Really he will just be repeating himself from now on. She is off to prison, either way.

Appreciate all the tweets. Thank you, everyone.

:seeya: Present and accounted for, although I don't know why I would want to hear Nurmi ever again. Expecting :puke: and keeping my thoughts to myself today.

There is nothing to lose in this case actually - he has already defamed Travis beyond all recognition; broken the Alexander family: said every filthy word known to man; attempted to ruin Juan's career; and insulted Flores in open court. Really he will just be repeating himself from now on. She is off to prison, either way.

Appreciate all the tweets. Thank you, everyone.

BBM: Because Juan is on cross today. It's gonna be great. That's where he really shines.

One little tidbit. An inside source told me last night that the CNN/HLN trucks are pulling out from the trial today. "they are no longer interested in the trial" was the message sent. THat's interesting. Will have to see what kind of impact that has. I can't imagine Drew and NG will stop talking about it...but who knows?

I don't know why but it would be make me very happy if that is true. How much would it annoy the killer if the news stations finally said, "we're bored with you Jodi"? What would she do next to stay relevant then?

I don't know why but it would be make me very happy if that is true. How much would it annoy the killer if the news stations finally said, "we're bored with you Jodi"? What would she do next to stay relevant then?

I had the exact same reaction. Let her wither from a small shadow in a corner of the world.

I also just saw something on facebook today that Tanisha is speaking in court? Does this mean Nurmi is calling her as a witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie